All Categories

Captains, the reward system on Prizes has been updated!

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Jun 23, 2016, 09:4006/23/16

Captains, the reward system on Prizes has been updated. Let us take a closer look at the essentials to crack that nut once and for all.

IMPORTANT: The following applies only to new Prizes, i.e. the ones you have not engaged yet.

1. Why did we decide to update the system?

We have always received a lot of complains that Prizes “don’t work” or “work badly” or that “the rewards have changed”. Some players feel that the way rewards are issued is unfair when they see other players’ screenshots of big rewards. One of the major problems is that some sailors can lose their entire armies before they get a decent reward. This is especially true for new players that do not have enough expertise with Prizes or more experienced players that engage higher level Prizes where the intervals between good rewards are significantly longer compared to that on lower level ones. We have made a decision to adjust the reward algorithm so nobody finds themselves in such stressful situations.

2. What will happen to my current progress?

Nothing. Again, your current progress will not be affected in any way. None of your efforts were futile.

3. Why do I get smaller rewards when suffering big losses?

From now on, you will be receiving a reward each and every time you win. It is time to say “Goodbye” to Prizes not yielding any rewards! Brethren Court Engineers are convinced that every victory must be rewarded! Smaller rewards do NOT mean that your Units were lost for nothing: any victory may reveal that there was a huge army held captive at the Prize you have just conquered!

While under the old system you would be left empty-handed, now you will receive a guaranteed smaller reward (we mean Units!). Additionally, if you win on 10 Prizes, the cumulative reward will be slightly bigger than before.

Please note that you may not receive a reward at low-level Prizes.

4. How will smaller, more frequent rewards affect the regular reward algorithm?

You will need to win at slightly more Prizes, Captains!

5. Will there still be big rewards? Really big rewards?

Absolutely! Every victory at a Prize is a chance to win a huge reward! The chance of getting it is now slightly lower, but the overall number of rewards remained the same. In other words, you will be receiving the same reward, but it will be split into more parts than before.

We would like to assure our players that we are being very cautious with this update. Our main goal is to not tamper with the existing balance in any way but to make the reward system even more convenient for our players.

It is important to bear in mind that every player is at their own individual stage on the way to getting the reward, and the benefits of the new system may not be apparent right away. It might take you some time to evaluate the new system and to figure out how it works. The algorithm is new, and adjusting your strategy to it will require certain effort. One thing we know for sure: it will be worth your while!

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 23, 2016, 12:3806/23/16
Jun 23, 2016, 12:39(edited)
03/04/16
Just now that I started to figure out how they worked?  Prizes were not obligatory. People that don't like them better don't play at them. They were a good source of emotion. It has no sense to give small prizes meanwhile. :(
Jun 23, 2016, 13:0006/23/16
09/05/15

This change is another rip-off.  I just threw away heaps on a level 56 Black Corsair and my "prize" a lousey 56 ship of the line and 11 subs. I'm better off going back to Fallout 4 and Black Ops.  That only costs me the price of the game.

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 23, 2016, 14:4206/23/16
09/17/15

Guys,

I understand your emotions, however, let's take a closer look at the situation:

1) If you have ever touched a Prize (even with one Unit), it won't be affected by the change.

2) You will still get big payouts which you were used to get before.

3) In addition to big payouts you will receive small mini-payouts after raiding each Prize.

4) Small payouts will help you to keep a certain number of Units in your army even if the big payout is far away.

If you have any questions, please ask.
Jun 23, 2016, 15:0106/23/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:45(edited)
11/05/14

Sounds like a positive to me, personally., I know there are some who have gone through the prizes, none stop. I didn't, In fact I actually have a level 1 prize still available to me, and I'm a level 73 player. I was after the Adventures, more then the prizes, so I did only one of most levels, lower down. then as troop loss count mounted, I would need to build troops up agqain to take the next prize. Being impatient at times, I might hit a 2nd. prize of a same level, or go back and hit a few more of the lower ones. I agree with the concensus that hitting a prize with massive losses and getting no rewards for losing so many troops, leaves a a bad feeling about the game.

Edit add-on: I might mention that this change may have had a detrimental effect on my troop building. I had a fairly good amount of troops in training and now i have none, to send to the harbor! Did you change it so they go directly to the harbor now, and not to the haven? and there are none in training.  and I see no credit for the quests, units built! in th equest window.

Found my troops. I also tried hitting a few prizes and it's going exactly the way they said it would. the first one got me some very nice troops (it was in the lower 40's for it's level. I did another sea fort this time (the first was a corsair) and also received troops but, od course, nor so many. from both offense and defense though. then did a level 50 something and got fewer troops then i lost but still a fairly acceptable number, comparatively speaking! I like it so far!
Jun 23, 2016, 18:4506/23/16
09/21/15

That is a very nice update in the prizes.

I was stuck with my 15-20 Million bank value for about a month and than i got the payout which took my bank into negative value and i had to build lot of troops (with lots of wait) and feed my bank to regain bank value.

I lost my offense, my defense and dropped down to 200 units though i am level 76. 

But this system will help to avoid that 200 unit thing. I hit 20 prizes since the release and i got units in every prize. Used them to kill the next.

Started the day with 11M bank value and now it is well over 13M with +600 units in my troop count.

Jun 23, 2016, 21:1606/23/16
Jul 18, 2019, 12:05(edited)
01/03/15

this system is awfull, why do i want to smash my boats in exchange for tiny little ammounts.... with little ammounts comes the need to do smaller and smaller prize levels with smaller and smaller payouts.. and when finishing already yellow barred levels, it does NOT always give a prtize payout.

now I am up to lev 130 so I know what I am on about... why do you guys (game makers) always have to fix something that is not broken... please put it back like it was... the people that moan about it are the ones that have not read/asked how to do them properly or what kind of units to use ect..

now it seems that those like me that have bothered to read and learn how to do the prizes are now being penalised by those who have not and are still like the man above about to start on a lev 1 prize when his gaming level is in the 70'S !!!!!

it is a ridiculous concept.... PLEASE PUT IT BACK.

Jun 23, 2016, 21:4106/23/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:05(edited)
11/05/14

as a  smaller player (level 53) the prize changes suck.

In the space of one day pretty much ive lost the bulk of my navy. Lose 100 subs, you get 100 bombadiers in return, lose 100 man o war, you get 8 skirmishers :D

For those who relied on the prizes for fleet and armada its a lousy change. 
Jun 23, 2016, 21:5606/23/16
01/03/15

now one of my brotherhood has quit over it and he is a level 87 player.. he has left our BH and stopped for good, this is rediculous.... i am level 86 player and close to packing it in myself over this DEBACLE.... you are forcing the hand of my good mates who have been playing together with me for years. into making game ending decisions..

Jun 23, 2016, 22:3006/23/16
03/27/14

NOTHING REALLY HAS CHANGED GUYS

Your banking is still there,

just it won't calculate your old bank with the new hits on prizes but it's still there as before

any new prizes you have attack after the recent update will show the newest %

it just couldn't had the old, please don't get discourage over this update, give it a chance,

I understand your emotions, however, let's take a closer look at the situation:

FROM THE CM recently 

1) If you have ever touched a Prize (even with one Unit), it won't be affected by the change.

2) You will still get big payouts which you were used to get before.

3) In addition to big payouts you will receive small mini-payouts after raiding each Prize.

4) Small payouts will help you to keep a certain number of Units in your army even if the big payout is far away.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Jun 23, 2016, 22:3706/23/16
01/03/15
WHO wants to give it a chance when people are quitting over it !!!!!.,. Just put it back and stop messing us gamers around....please.
Jun 24, 2016, 00:2106/24/16
03/27/14

BlackBart said:

wow.. how can you say that someone who has attained level 87 'isn't that into the game' and how can you say that its silly thing to quit over !!!! they lost 8000 frfgates to end up with 400 juggs... no wonder NOBODY wants this change... and how condesending of you

I understand your frustration, and i do understand this game can get very annoying really fast when updates are added

But this update wasn't changed in how we banked, the banking is all the same, and if your friend did not get paid what they where suppose to

then it's still calculated in the banking you will still get paid eventually as you did before, i believe this was added for the smaller players, so they always got something, many of the smallers ones don't play the banking system like the old sea pirates, so this was added to help them,

Jun 24, 2016, 00:4206/24/16

This update does seem to benefit the smaller players, and those that don't know what they're doing.  Some of us worked years to perfect a system for hitting the LH.  Even with explaining it some people still couldn't grasp the concept.  Now everyone gets a reward every time, where's the skill in that?  Blasphemy, your comment on not being into this game is a little offensive as I'm a lvl 86 on Kabam's site and am conflicted myself on continuing with this madness.  So in turn, I assume you log in for an hr or so a day then move on to another game, I've been playing this game for over 3 yrs and am logged in an avg of 6 to 8 hrs a day, at least.  Needless to say, I've seen many updates and changes to the game.  I have always just stuck it out and moved forward, this however is one change I can't have Plarium's back on.  Those of us that have softened a bunch of Prizes will not get payouts on them so they really get setback.  Those of us that recently have hit a Prize and are in the middle of building towards our next are setback.  Those that are close to a reward now could have that affected by these smaller rewards which will affect what lvl they should hit next etc.  It was a HUGE update to just throw at us with no notice, and as far as it being in other games on Plarium, who cares.  I'm a Pirate at heart and only play this game.  So now, I leave the Forum as another disgruntled voice.

Jun 24, 2016, 00:4406/24/16
05/07/15

I try to keep an open mind on changes but so far I am less than impressed...:(

Jun 24, 2016, 01:0006/24/16
Jun 24, 2016, 01:38(edited)
05/16/15

Guys it just worked as described.. i updated my earlier response

13 prizes all of them paying out chump change then I got a big payout in line with a level 55..

I am level 87 and nothing is worth knee jerk reaction like quitting..

My Fame and glory level is 65

i felt like i was coming up short over the long run since they went to 60 per day..

I just had to layoff and build up to be ready for level 65 after i was used to 61...

many times through out game there have been reasons to be emotional..

each time i found 3 days was abuot the time I could look back and chuckle at my own consternation..

life is hard - it is even harder when you spend money on  it.. ;-D

buck up people.. don't quit.. just regroup and let time be on your side.

Added edit>>>  2nd update.. just made it to second big payout today  again it paid out when i expected  in a way that was no different to how i knew before..

Sorry i find nothing wrong with prizes so far..  it is only a little bit different and it did work out in a less stressful way than 14 days ago.

By The Way I was partially banked.. i have not been set back by  this..  i already have had two big payouts like days of old.

Jun 24, 2016, 05:2806/24/16
06/02/15
and the bad thing about this is we knew how to keep up with the banking to win prizes. so you've totally screwed our method of doing these. I did a level 77 prize earlier in which I should have won 3 to 4 thousand of juggernauts, ship of the line...Instead I only won 298 juggernauts. So I spent far more doing this prize than I won...SO tell me, how is this going to benefit us????Stupid changes. Stupid game...I'm done..see ya plarium, hope it was worth losing another player
Jun 24, 2016, 05:4006/24/16
09/05/15
OK  I'm prepared to give it a trail.  In reading what Cigneous  has posted I tend to agree with him somewhat.  In all fairness to the game I will have a go and see what happens..
Jun 24, 2016, 06:1306/24/16
Jun 24, 2016, 06:24(edited)
04/13/15
And I'll add this, I'm not a big prize player. I do maybe 1 or 2 a week. When my rum production goes well into the negative do I even do prizes, so this is why I do the prizes, but what's more, I kept up with my banking. I was one that counted on these huge wins I was getting. as many strictly prize players do. I'm more of a raider, fighter type. But only do prizes to get my rum down. So this is another reason that this disturbs me so. I take this as a direct and personal attack on me personally as well as other players who have been robbed of their prizes...
Jun 24, 2016, 09:3706/24/16
Aug 27, 2019, 12:04(edited)
12/13/14

Sorry, but been playing since december 2015, l know how the prize system works/worked, right now it is broken, simple as.

Jun 24, 2016, 10:4606/24/16
01/03/15

PLEASE put it back to how it was, Linda is correct....I have kept quiet before with all the other changes in the past that i didn't agree with ...i.e. changing the targets system into these stupid treasure islands... that was a waste of my time using pearls on to take 3 targets.....but this is such a massive and ridiculous change that i can not keep quiet...NOBODY not even smaller players that i have spoken to like this cruel change.... it's a no brainer to return it to the way it was..

One little player told me that they have ended up with no troops because with smaller and smaller payouts had been left with no choice but to do her smallest levels till they ran out and she ended troopless, even though her bank is owing... how can that be a good thing for any smaller guys.

It's deffo not good for us bigger higher level players... if i burn 6000 sol's plus and end up with a measly 500 frigates, then how the heck does that help me take on my next highest level.... level 131  ?????!!!!!!... it's unatainable...

There is not one BH that is not hating this move by Plarium...

you will see that i have over the long time playing this game, not written many post on the forum as it's not really my thing.. HOWEVER, i and others feel so strongly about this NEGATIVE move by plarium on dedicated players that i have now written 3 times on this matter....

DON'T KEEP POO POO'ing all the comments from us the knowledgable ACTUAL GAMERS.

PUT BACK THE SYSTEM WE HAD PLEASE.
Jun 24, 2016, 13:0106/24/16
09/21/15

wow, took a whole hour to read this thread since my last reply.

let me put some simple points in this

1-- Do not forget that getting a bigger payout is not a hard & fast rule that on this prize it is 100% guarantee you will get it. It can be delayed

2-- Your bank is their and it is definitely going to pay you sooner or later. 

3-- It is possible that your bank value was in negative and you have to pay back that value to get bigger payout

now new things with this new system

1-- Sooner or LATER, that later thing really pushed some players to lose all of their troops, because they are not getting anything from prizes not a single unit and waiting for their bigger payout. It can be really hard when there is no small level of prize available for you and you need lot of units to finish off one prize. 

To reduce that severe impact of prizes this system was introduced. You are getting something back every time which is enough to take on another low level prize (with a possibility of a bigger payout or otherwise atleast some units)

2-- This system is really helpful for new players specially the one who do not understand banking and they go for prizes, when they get nothing they simply quit it. Now they will be getting units back with various %age and with that they will be determined to take on new ones and get a bigger payout

3-- If you hit 10 prizes in a row and win all of them you will get a better payout than the earlier 9. Which will compensate for some of your losses and rest is still their in your bank and you are going to get that just like old system

4-- All we have to do is to find some strategy that will work on this new prize. 

Pirates do not get feared of testing new things and learning new tips & tricks.

At last pirate life is full of hardships.

Sometimes they got ferdinard troops around them and sometimes they are feasting on booty of ferdinard.

So keep going & everything is going to be fine and more good than before.