All Categories

Crew Will Not Be Dismissed  When You Lack The Rum To Maintain Them!

Crew Will Not Be Dismissed When You Lack The Rum To Maintain Them!

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Comments
Nov 15, 2017, 14:1311/15/17
06/01/16

menelaios said:

Hey!

a bit off topic here . I got raided recently..nothing new but he got 100000 Juggernauts and some more others..yes you get this right 100k of most expensive unit lead by ONE man.  My heaven is fully developed and i cannot hold more than 50.000 of ALL troops without being red (not enough rum-too many troops) so what is the purpose of this?? Is the rum production no longer valid or what?? that will be ridiculous if every player can make a thousands of units without having an issue with rum..not only silly but totally lack of respect to the players who enjoy a bit of reality inside game.

Marcinos

Hello Marcinos,

I don't understand your problem completly.

You can have (much) more than 50k of defensive troops at your haven - even if your rumproduction is red.

Just ignor rumproduction and start producing troops...

regards,

Attalar
Nov 15, 2017, 19:1511/15/17
Nov 15, 2017, 19:25(edited)
11/04/15

Attalar said:

menelaios said:

Hey!

a bit off topic here . I got raided recently..nothing new but he got 100000 Juggernauts and some more others..yes you get this right 100k of most expensive unit lead by ONE man.  My heaven is fully developed and i cannot hold more than 50.000 of ALL troops without being red (not enough rum-too many troops) so what is the purpose of this?? Is the rum production no longer valid or what?? that will be ridiculous if every player can make a thousands of units without having an issue with rum..not only silly but totally lack of respect to the players who enjoy a bit of reality inside game.

Marcinos

Hello Marcinos,

I don't understand your problem completly.

You can have (much) more than 50k of defensive troops at your haven - even if your rumproduction is red.

Just ignor rumproduction and start producing troops...

regards,

Attalar

Ignoring negative rum production is fine, but we login every day to find empty rum cellars, then spend hours raiding, trading and begging before we can build anything

He would need to spend the next 38 years raiding, trading and begging to build 200,000 submarines, which would be needed to defeat 100,000 juggernauts lol

200,000 subs x 1 hour 39 mintes = 19,800,000 minutes

The only sensible decision is to stop building defense and keep all units in the harbor
CrowbarModerator
Nov 15, 2017, 20:0511/15/17
03/07/16

toggit said:

Ignoring negative rum production is fine, but we login every day to find empty rum cellars, then spend hours raiding, trading and begging before we can build anything
He would need to spend the next 38 years raiding, trading and begging to build 200,000 submarines, which would be needed to defeat 100,000 juggernauts lol

You are also ignoring the fact that any number of players can reinforce your haven, while the offender attacks alone.

Sure, you'd need a constant defence, because of whirlpools and charts, but that's a separate problem (that these items killed the strategic element of the game).

toggit said:

How about you calculate how much time it takes to produce 100k Juggs? If you say "d'oh, prizes and rubies", I'll tell you to build your Subs the same way. Off is not privileged in that department.

toggit said:

The only sensible decision is to stop building defense and keep all units in the harbor

I agree. What's wrong with that?

Also, would you accept reinforcements limits then too? If yes, the attacker would know your max def. If not, you could get untouchable havens.

IMO, setting the limits for haven attacks would be a poor attempt at solving problems that come from other features, and it would mostly be meaningless (unless those limits would be set far too low).

Nov 15, 2017, 21:0911/15/17
Nov 15, 2017, 21:46(edited)
12/13/14

Crowbar said:

toggit said:

You are also ignoring the fact that any number of players can reinforce your haven, while the offender attacks alone.

Sure, you'd need a constant defence, because of whirlpools and charts, but that's a separate problem (that these items killed the strategic element of the game).

toggit said:

How about you calculate how much time it takes to produce 100k Juggs? If you say "d'oh, prizes and rubies", I'll tell you to build your Subs the same way. Off is not privileged in that department.

toggit said:

Also, would you accept reinforcements limits then too? If yes, the attacker would know your max def. If not, you could get untouchable havens.

IMO, setting the limits for haven attacks would be a poor attempt at solving problems that come from other features, and it would mostly be meaningless (unless those limits would be set far too low).

Nobody has ever built 100,000 juggernauts - they were bought with $$$$$$

Reinforcement limits would be no problem - just send waves of defense if a player sees incoming attacks
The limits do not affect total off/def but only the maximum army size of each wave

We are lucky in this game to have 100k crew limits at presidios, many games have no limit at presidios but still have crew limits at havens instead. I find this mighty peculiar
Presidio crew limits on Pirate Bay server is 300k - more inconsistencies

p.s. They have recently REMOVED limits at Treasure Islands in secret, which sux

CrowbarModerator
Nov 15, 2017, 22:2811/15/17
03/07/16

Snowgoon said:

Of course. That's why it's unfair to compare that to bulding 200k Subs. Kinda my point there.

Snowgoon said:

Reinforcement limits would be no problem - just send waves of defense if a player sees incoming attacks
The limits do not affect total off/def but only the maximum army size of each wave

Because they are currently only set on off. If we want balance, then we should either limit total off and total def, or neither.

Nov 16, 2017, 15:3411/16/17
Nov 16, 2017, 16:01(edited)
12/13/14

Crowbar said:

Because they are currently only set on off. If we want balance, then we should either limit total off and total def, or neither.

Hmmmm

I need to test this on all games and servers

Crew Limits are normally set for offense, defense and scouts - everything is limited, but only each wave is affected

Treasure Islands had limits on attack and defense also

It amazed me that Hyro was so successful - all Kabam Presidios had 100k crew limit protection
He reached level 84 in 3 weeks, so his Juggs must have been level 1
Other games have been savaged because they have no crew limits

Edit: Designed to include all Raids, Reinforcements, Blockades and Scouting - https://prnt.sc/hbap8j

Nov 16, 2017, 16:3311/16/17
06/01/16

Snowgoon said:

Crowbar said:

toggit said:

toggit said:

toggit said:

We are lucky in this game to have 100k crew limits at presidios, many games have no limit at presidios but still have crew limits at havens instead. I find this mighty peculiar
Presidio crew limits on Pirate Bay server is 300k - more inconsistencies

p.s. They have recently REMOVED limits at Treasure Islands in secret, which sux

I dont know about you guys but most of my fleet comes from the lighthouse.

$$$ is useful but when you know how to play the lighthouse your fleet will grow...
CrowbarModerator
Nov 16, 2017, 20:0211/16/17
03/07/16

Snowgoon said:

It amazed me that Hyro was so successful - all Kabam Presidios had 100k crew limit protection

Why? You can reach level 32 (20 at that time) in under an hour if you buy resources (+ sketches now) and boosts.

Snowgoon said:

Edit: Designed to include all Raids, Reinforcements, Blockades and Scouting - https://prnt.sc/hbap8j
Thank you for that. Limiting reinforcements per wave makes no sense, since those waves get summed up at the destination.
Nov 17, 2017, 00:1011/17/17
05/16/15

Someone is missing the elephant in the room..

I Logged on with dry empty rum cellars and I harbored my troops sent scouts to investigate bots and all of a sudden I had more troops in haven.. so I harbored them thinking that maybe some troops had returned..  a few minutes later I saw more.. low and behold the clock in  tavern was counting down and troops were still producing.. so even that favors the high and mighty.. think I'll upgrade my harbor to max and queue from here to eternity take a year off and come back to full harbor of troops. aww that will only be another 45 to 50 mill power.. I see people with 125 Mil in offense alone..  but at least that 45 to 50 million will get me back on the prizing ladder.. ;-D

lol.. I have one friend with 500 days in all 4 queues..

BTW ( @ Attalar) the light house did not always work like that.. the program was tweaked to be abused, care to explain to everyone how that works so we have an even and fair game for all? and it is not so easy if you used troops in PvP half way up the ladder..

and BTW who knows what the top prize is now.. i was thinking it was 165 is it 180 now?
 tried to look it up but failed to find the info..

used to be Alts were not allowed.. that also was tweaked to be abused. Me thinks major changes are on the way so make the most of it while you can.. the new owners will not like the way things work to discourage spenders.. yup I used to be a spender.. and I got discouraged from spending.. not sure how they can win me and my pocket book back now..faith and trust have been destroyed. 

Nov 17, 2017, 19:2711/17/17
Nov 17, 2017, 19:33(edited)
12/13/14

Crowbar said:

Snowgoon said:

Why? You can reach level 32 (20 at that time) in under an hour if you buy resources (+ etchings now) and boosts.

Nobody should be able to discover Slipway or Physics etc within  their first 21 days

One sketch per day from Tinker, one per day from Smugglers Den and 2 per day (I think) as gifts from friends
CrowbarModerator
Nov 17, 2017, 21:4311/17/17
03/07/16

Snowgoon said:

One sketch per day from Tinker, one per day from Smugglers Den and 2 per day (I think) as gifts from friends

You can send two. I think you can receive far more.
Nov 20, 2017, 16:2311/20/17
12/13/14
Crowbar said:

Snowgoon said:

You can send two. I think you can receive far more.
I have never begged for sketches, but after a rethink the limit might be 6 per day - still not enough for fleet or armada :)