Brotherhood Bastion

Brotherhood Bastion

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
May 16, 2016, 11:0805/16/16
09/17/15

Brotherhood Bastion

Captains, if you have not yet built a Brotherhood Bastion, it is high time you do so!

In this guide, we’ve attempted to describe this new feature and the way it works in as much detail as we could. We hope it will be of help to you and your Brotherhoods!

“What is a Brotherhood Bastion?” you’d ask. Well, it is a base that a Brotherhood can build. It can be founded by Brotherhood Leaders for free with an option to select its location. The Brotherhood Bastion grants bonuses to the Brotherhood and its members.

Founding a Brotherhood Bastion

The option to found a Brotherhood Bastion is only available to Brotherhood Leaders if the Brotherhood Bastion is not built yet. The Brotherhood Bastion can be built for free.

When creating the Brotherhood Bastion, a Brotherhood Leader has to select its location.

The initial choice of the location is only available to Brotherhood Leaders.

The second choice of the Brotherhood Bastion’s location is available to Brotherhood Leaders and those who have Brotherhood Bastion management rights.

Please note that you will need special Bastion Relocator to be able to relocate your Brotherhood Bastion .

Brotherhood Bastion’s Purpose

The Brotherhood Bastion provides new opportunities called Knowledge. They will give bonuses to every Brotherhood Member. There will be both individual and Brotherhood Bonuses. In addition, they will extend your Brotherhood Influence! Every Knowledge can be upgraded to Level 20. Note that Knowledge is dependent upon the Level of the Brotherhood Bastion.

For example, let’s say your Brotherhood Bastion is upgraded to Level 10, and Knowledge is Level 10 as well. When the Brotherhood Bastion is downgraded to Level 9, the Knowledge will stay the same, but the bonus it gives is going to be Level 9 until the Brotherhood Bastion is upgraded back to Level 10. Upgrading Knowledge is not dependent upon the Level of your Brotherhood Bastion. In other words, even with an Brotherhood Bastion of Level 0 your Brotherhood can max out the Knowledge. Upgrading your Knowledge will require Codexe.

Attention - Presidios will not be replaced. They will stay in the game along with Brotherhood Bastions .

Managing your Brotherhood Bastion

Once your Leader has founded a Brotherhood Bastion, your Brotherhood can start upgrading it. The upgrade progress will be displayed in the “Info” tab of your Brotherhood Bastion as well as all the active bonuses your Units receive from the Brotherhood Bastion. You will be able to change your Brotherhood Bastion’s name there, too. In other words, using this tab, Captain, you will be able to keep track of all the Brotherhood Bastion affairs. There will also be a “Garrisons” tab where you will be able to see the number of Units defending the Brotherhood Bastion.

To upgrade your Brotherhood Bastion, you will need to go to the “Info” tab. This action can be performed by either the Brotherhood Leader or any other Brethrens that have the rights to do so. Please note that there are several conditions that have to be met for you to be able to upgrade your Brotherhood Bastion:

Your Brotherhood has a sufficient amount of Stone Blocks.

You captured the necessary amount of Presidios, and they are of certain Levels (those amounts will be different for different Levels).

Your Brotherhood has a certain position in the Rankings.

You have downgraded an enemy Brotherhood Bastion of a certain Level.

If the Brotherhood Leader is changed, the Brotherhood Bastion management rights go to the new Leader. The Brotherhood Bastion ceases to exist after the Brotherhood is dismissed.  

If an Brotherhood Bastion is teleported, all Reinforcements that are on their way to the Brotherhood Bastion will return to the Havens of players that sent them.

Brotherhood Bastions can be added to Contacts.

Brotherhood Bastion Resources

There are two types of Resources: Stone Blocks and Codexes.

Stone Blocks are used to upgrade the Brotherhood Bastion. It can be received as Rewards in Tournaments or purchased with Rubies. Using Rubies you can only purchase the amount of Stone Blocks required to upgrade the Brotherhood Bastion to the next Level.

Codexes are required to upgrade Knowledge in the Brotherhood Bastion. It can also be received as Rewards in Brotherhood Missions or purchased with Rubies.

Please note that the Stone Blocks and Codexes earned in game challenges will go towards the Brotherhood’s balance, not your personal one. If a Captain quits the Brotherhood, Stone Blocks and Codexes earned by him will not be added to his balance. They will remain on the Brotherhood balance.

Brotherhood Bastion Downgrade

Captains, your Brotherhood Bastion can be downgraded if your rivals successfully attack it. So make sure it is well protected!

If another Brotherhood successfully attacks your Brotherhood Bastion while an upgrade is NOT in progress, your Brotherhood Bastion will be downgraded by one Level, and 50% of the Stone Blocks spent on the most recent upgrade will be returned to your Brotherhood.

If another Brotherhood manages to perform a successful attack on your Brotherhood Bastion while it is being upgraded, the upgrade will fail, and your Brotherhood Bastion will be downgraded by one Level. Your Brotherhood will get back 75% of the Stone Blocks spent on the attempted upgrade, as well as 50% of the Stone Blocks spent on the most recent successful upgrade.

The downgrade is impossible when your Brotherhood Bastion is at Level 5; in other words, once you reach Level 5, your enemies will not be able to downgrade your Brotherhood Bastion below that Level so you do not have to start upgrading it all over again.

Battle interactions

Captains may send Private and Massed Attacks against Brotherhood Bastions of rival Brotherhoods. An Attack is not a Raid or an Blockade; it is an assault with the purpose of killing Units. All battle actions work the same way as with Treasure Islands. Attack and Scouting attempts can be launched against a rival Brotherhood Bastions if it is not under protection. Attacks against Brotherhood Bastions cannot be sent by Captains that are not in a Brotherhood or by Brotherhoods that have no Brotherhood Bastion. It is important to mention that you will not be able to see the Attacks coming to your Brotherhood Bastion. You can send Reinforcements to your Brotherhood Bastion. Units lost in combat are placed in their owner’s Infirmary (regular rules apply).

Available Knowledge:

- Rum Consumption Reduction

- Unit Speed Increase

- Pirate Defense

- Mercenary Defense

- Fleet Defense

- Armada Defense

- Pirate Offense

- Mercenary Offense

- Fleet Offense

- Armada Offense

The Knowledge bonus only applies to the four basic Unit groups.

Limits and special features

Each Brotherhood can only have one Brotherhood Bastion.

Units move to the Brotherhood Bastion at the same speed as they do to Presidios (x24 times faster).

Protection against Attacks lasts for the first 24 hours after its creation. During that time, none of the Brethrens can Attack other Brotherhood Bastions.

The Brotherhood Bastion gets a 24-hour protection after it was downgraded. Additionally, it cannot be further downgraded for some time. Note: The Brotherhood Bastion can still be attacked.

Force Limits: Maximum Private Attack, Max Massed Attack are the same as attack on the Presidios (subject to change).

Important! Cadets will not be able to

visit Brotherhood Bastions;

interact with them (attack, scouting, send Reinforcements);

take advantage of the Brotherhood Bastion Bonuses.

Cadets will be able to see the Brotherhood Bastion on the Map.

Diplomacy

Diplomacy determines interactions with the Brotherhood Bastion in the same way it does with the Presidios.

Players in friendly Brotherhood (Peace status) cannot attack each other’s Brotherhood Bastions.

Allies can attack your Brotherhood Bastion. Attack limits are standard.

Neutral players can attack your Brotherhood Bastion. Attack limits are standard.

Enemies can attack your Brotherhood Bastion. Attack limits are standard.

In a Challenge, players of the other Brotherhood can attack your Brotherhood Bastion. Attack limits are standard.

During War, players of the other Brotherhood can attack your Brotherhood Bastion. No Attack limits.

Good luck out there, Captains!

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 26, 2016, 03:3406/26/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:47(edited)
11/05/14
wow!
Jul 24, 2016, 17:0507/24/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:54(edited)
11/05/14

Thank you for the nice guide,

but there are somethings that I could surely need some info on.

First, is there a way to see the total defense on the bastion and here I mean power and not the amount of troops? It's difficult to manage a bastion if you do not know your power.

Second, do dread units support the types of troops they normally do on the bastion. It's not shown on the garrison tab?

Regards

Willyboo

Jul 24, 2016, 17:3607/24/16
09/21/15

Willyboo said:

Thank you for the nice guide,

but there are somethings that I could surely need some info on.

First, is there a way to see the total defense on the bastion and here I mean power and not the amount of troops? It's difficult to manage a bastion if you do not know your power.

Second, do dread units support the types of troops they normally do on the bastion. It's not shown on the garrison tab?

Regards

Willyboo

Regarding 1st question, It is under development and it will be applied in next updates.

2nd -- yes dreads support the units they are supposed to do, no matter where they are. Bonuses are not shown (same as presido's) only base value is shown, but bonuses do take a part in battles.
Aug 14, 2016, 19:2308/14/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:06(edited)
11/05/14

I have a brotherhood, but can not find a button on any map to build a bastion, it is driving me crazy. What can I do to fix this issue? Thank you for any information that you can give to help me with this annoying situation.

Bean Sidhe

Banshee Cove Pirates.

Aug 14, 2016, 22:0208/14/16
09/21/15

Banshee said:

I have a brotherhood, but can not find a button on any map to build a bastion, it is driving me crazy. What can I do to fix this issue? Thank you for any information that you can give to help me with this annoying situation.

Bean Sidhe

Banshee Cove Pirates.

go to map and in lower right corner of your window, you will see a golden hammer, click it and than select the location where you want to put your bastion.

Aug 15, 2016, 13:0208/15/16
09/17/15
Banshee said:

Bean Sidhe

Banshee Cove Pirates.

Your BH needs to be at least 7 days old.
Aug 30, 2016, 10:0808/30/16
Thaqnk you, very usefull.
Aug 31, 2016, 09:4708/31/16
09/17/15
antoniugiambazi said:

Thaqnk you, very usefull.
Are you also creating a BH?
Oct 1, 2016, 13:3110/01/16
10/01/16
If i read the ingame help, it seems there are more milestone levels than level 5, as mentioned here, which are those ?
Oct 3, 2016, 13:2810/03/16
09/17/15
Emiel1947 said:

If i read the ingame help, it seems there are more milestone levels than level 5, as mentioned here, which are those ?
There's only one Milestone level - level 5. Where did you find the info about additional levels? Can you show me a screenshot?
Nov 28, 2016, 22:1711/28/16
08/23/15
I initiated the building of a Bastion.  I selected a location, and clicked "build".  A massive whirlpool swirled and the message "Bastion building" appeared.  After a minute (or two) the whirlpool disappeared.  I went back to my Brethren Court to check if I needed to start over.  No "build bastion" nor a bastion icon.  What gives?  Where is the bastion? 
Nov 28, 2016, 23:0311/28/16
03/27/14

gordonlee said:

I initiated the building of a Bastion.  I selected a location, and clicked "build".  A massive whirlpool swirled and the message "Bastion building" appeared.  After a minute (or two) the whirlpool disappeared.  I went back to my Brethren Court to check if I needed to start over.  No "build bastion" nor a bastion icon.  What gives?  Where is the bastion? 

Has your BH 7 days old?

and sometimes reloading the game resets it and fixes issues 
Jan 14, 2017, 13:2301/14/17

Why i can´t create a Bastion?

I can see the creating button - i have the option to place it - but nothing happens.

I´ve founded my BH on the 6th of January

THX
Jan 14, 2017, 17:4001/14/17
11/06/14
It maybe lag. Try refreshing then go to your brethren court to see if its there. 
Nov 15, 2023, 00:1011/15/23
Nov 15, 2023, 02:01(edited)
02/20/17

Can someone please post the requirements and costs for upgrading/boosting the bastion to its various levels? Or if it's already posted someplace, please provide a link. I have tried searching to no avail.

Example:

Upgrading from Level 5 to 6:

Stone blocks: 16800  or  ( X rubies ) 

Time: 3 days, or  ( X rubies ).

-----------------------------------------------------------

Upgrading from Level 6 to 7: 

Stone blocks: X number  or  ( X rubies ) 

Time: X days, or  ( X rubies ). 

Nov 15, 2023, 00:1511/15/23
02/20/17
Unknown_Ranger29

Milestone levels are 5, 8, 12, 17, 20, 23, 26, 30

CrowbarModerator
Nov 15, 2023, 00:1911/15/23
Nov 15, 2023, 00:19(edited)
03/07/16

At the time the question was asked (2016), level 5 was the only milestone level. It changed since then, and I thank you providing and up-to-date answer.

As for the upgrade requirements, I'd like to see them too. We don't have them on the forum, and Plarium didn't want to give them when I asked. Their usual "it's for players to discover". 🙁 So, our only hope is that someone shares them here.

Nov 30, 2023, 05:2711/30/23
Dec 10, 2023, 07:01(edited)
02/20/17

Can Anyone Help Fill In These Blanks ?

| Upgrade |           Blocks              |             Time               |                          Upgrade                                |

|   Level    |  Number  or  Rubies   |   Span  or  Rubies     |                            Status                                  |

|-------------|--------------|---------------|--------------|---------------|------------------------------------------------------------|

|  3 to 4     |                |                  |                 |                  | 

|  4 to 5     |                |                  |                 |                  |   Gets to Milestone Level 

|  5 to 6     |  16,800   |                  |   3 Days   |                  |  Opponenet downgrade required ( not sure )?  

|  6 to 7     |  22,400   |                  |                 |                  |  Level 6 or up opponent downgrade required  

|  7 to 8     |  28,800   |                  |                 |                  |  Level 7 or up opponent downgrade required

|  8 to 9     |  36,000   |   18,000    |   6 Days   |                  |  Opponenet downgrade required ( not sure )?

|  9 to 10   |                |                  |                 |                  | 

| 10 to 11  |                |                  |                 |                  | 

| 11 to 12  |                |                  |                 |                  |  Gets To Milestone Level 

ETC

Dec 10, 2023, 06:3712/10/23
Dec 10, 2023, 06:42(edited)
02/20/17

So hypothetically two BHs could cooperate by hitting each other and upgrading? Can anyone confirm?

Example:

Starting with two BHs ( A & B ) at Level 8

1. Assuming one or both can upgrade to Level 9 without hitting a rival Level 9 first ( uncertain ).
  2. (A) at Level 9 hits (B) at Level 9
  3. (A) upgrades to Level 10
  4. (B) is knocked back to Level 8
  5. (B) upgrades back to Level 9 without having to re-hit (A) 
  6. (B) hits (A) and upgrades to Level 10
  7. (A) upgrades back to Level 10 without having to re-hit (A) 
  8. Both have now advanced from Level 8 to Level 10

Repeat process to get to level 11 

Then someone said something about having to capture or downgrade a Presidio to get to 12?

Can anyone confirm?