Defense is the best defense!

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Anne BonnieCharacter
Feb 18, 2016, 16:4002/18/16
01/13/15

Offense is the best defense? Not sure about that. Defense is the best defense!

Captain, fer every 100 points of yer Haven Defense Bonus, ye get an additional 1% to the Defense values of the Units guarding the borders of yer Haven. All the Reinforcements in yer Haven will be impacted by this bonus as well!

Hit (y) if yer enemies never make it to the shore!

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 20, 2016, 23:5304/20/16
12/31/15
How do u defend against Fireships? Or what is the best way to minimize troop loss?..Do improvements help, and or walls? It seems that there is a randomness to what they (Fireships) hit, and the level of damage..
Apr 21, 2016, 06:5904/21/16
Apr 21, 2016, 07:00(edited)
09/21/15

aechelbarger said:

How do u defend against Fireships? Or what is the best way to minimize troop loss?..Do improvements help, and or walls? It seems that there is a randomness to what they (Fireships) hit, and the level of damage..

You are going to get other things damged as well, Offense of Fireship is 12800 while maximum Haven defense is 5-6K (i am not sure)

First of all it is our haven defense which gets hit & after that troops which are out of your harbor.

For saving troops keep them in your harbor

& for haven or guards, or your guns etc. they can't be protected in the normal scene (only exception is Haven Protection item)

Apr 22, 2016, 13:2904/22/16
03/27/14

aechelbarger said:

honestly, there isn't but having a good amount of defense out helps.

like making a lot of defense pirate units just to hold your haven on silly attacks

other then that, as i tell my BH it's not worth defending your haven if you don't have enough defense...

As offense is much greater than the defense and does alot more damage, along with the FS
Dec 15, 2016, 15:3012/15/16

How is it possible that 80 million defence (incl. 150% haven defence bonus) against min.500.000 and max 1.000.000 offence is still giving so much loses?

With so much defending force against such little attacking force you still end up with major loses. The attacker lost 100%, and the defender lost 1/3 of the ammount the attacker lost (and that is calculated at the max from. the attacker his side) so proberly its even more than 1/3

So even if you have 80 till 160 times as much defence as the attacker his offence, you still end up with major damage.

Could someone explain this to me please?
CrowbarModerator
Dec 15, 2016, 18:1812/15/16
03/07/16

Trouble, the percentage that the attacker and the defender lose sum up to 100% or a bit more (roughly 105%, I think, when they are of similar strength). In extreme cases, like the one that you describe, one side loses around 99%, so the other side loses roughly 1%.

You say that the defenders lost 1/3 of what the attacker lost, so 1/3 of 500k-1M, which is roughly 200k-300k, meaning that your defenders lost under 0.5%. If observed as 200k-300k, it looks a lot, but it's really observed as a percentage, and 0.5% is really not much.

As for Fireships, mentioned above, expendable offence is the best defence against them, as they are harder to be killed by Fireships and give far less PvPs to the attacker, making your haven unattractive in terms of FS-won PvPs. I tend to have all of my Marauders out with my def, for this exact purpose.

I've upgraded my Mars to level 30, so their def strength is decent (in case a real attack hits my haven), but their main purpose remains softening the blows from FS hits and deflating the amount of PvPs that FSers get. When I get to too many Mars, I kill majority of them on a prize. They're really not good for anything else.

Dec 21, 2016, 17:5412/21/16
01/20/16
Interesting stuff Crowbar :)
Dec 22, 2016, 02:4312/22/16
12/13/15

Crowbar said:

Trouble, the percentage that the attacker and the defender lose sum up to 100% or a bit more (roughly 105%, I think, when they are of similar strength). In extreme cases, like the one that you describe, one side loses around 99%, so the other side loses roughly 1%.

You say that the defenders lost 1/3 of what the attacker lost, so 1/3 of 500k-1M, which is roughly 200k-300k, meaning that your defenders lost under 0.5%. If observed as 200k-300k, it looks a lot, but it's really observed as a percentage, and 0.5% is really not much.

As for Fireships, mentioned above, expendable offence is the best defence against them, as they are harder to be killed by Fireships and give far less PvPs to the attacker, making your haven unattractive in terms of FS-won PvPs. I tend to have all of my Marauders out with my def, for this exact purpose.

I've upgraded my Mars to level 30, so their def strength is decent (in case a real attack hits my haven), but their main purpose remains softening the blows from FS hits and deflating the amount of PvPs that FSers get. When I get to too many Mars, I kill majority of them on a prize. They're really not good for anything else.

dude are you serious? 

forum suppose to help players to make progress not to waste their troops.......

do your math homework people......
Dec 22, 2016, 17:4612/22/16
Dec 22, 2016, 17:47(edited)
lol, you want to make your haven unattractive for attackers? what about keeping all your troops in your Harbour then instead?
CrowbarModerator
Dec 22, 2016, 19:5312/22/16
03/07/16

bernd said:

lol, you want to make your haven unattractive for attackers? what about keeping all your troops in your Harbour then instead?

Sure, turtling's one way. But if you don't want to that, for whatever reason, what I described helps. The question was

Peter Blood said:

How do u defend against Fireships?

and that's what I answered, to the best of my knowledge. Not defending at all was not a part of that question.

Dec 22, 2016, 21:0112/22/16
03/27/14

Crowbar said:

bernd said:

Sure, turtling's one way. But if you don't want to that, for whatever reason, what I described helps. The question was

Peter Blood said:

How do u defend against Fireships?

and that's what I answered, to the best of my knowledge. Not defending at all was not a part of that question.

you really can't defend against fireships, you can always put up protection,

if you know you are to be attacked, but this really doesn't do much good to those who don't i guess you just defend against it or harbor your troops