All Categories

Is there a limit on fortifications?

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Jan 30, 2018, 15:1901/30/18
01/19/17

Is there a limit on towers and cannons on towers?  I seem to be unable to add a Level 5 cannon to a double tower I built.

Second Question:  How effective is this kind of fortification?  Does it really reduce the damage from an FS or a Big Raid and how can I compute that effectiveness really?

Navigator

Views
Comments
Comments
CrowbarModerator
Jan 30, 2018, 19:3101/30/18
03/07/16

NavigatorNY said:

Is there a limit on towers and cannons on towers? I seem to be unable to add a Level 5 cannon to a double tower I built.

There is, but I don't know what it is. However, the game should tell you when you try to build beyond limit. What does it say when you try (i.e., what do you mean by "I seem to be unable to add a Level 5 cannon")?

NavigatorNY said:

Second Question: How effective is this kind of fortification? Does it really reduce the damage from an FS or a Big Raid and how can I compute that effectiveness really?

Some will say it is not, and I disagree. It adds (haven_def_bonus/100)% to the basic strength of the units defending your haven. So, 10k def bonus will add 100% of your defenders' (including other people's reinforcements) basic def. Since your def also includes upgrades, relics, etc,... +100% here does not mean double, but less. Still, I've splatted some formidable armies thanks to my walls.

However, nothing affects Fireships and walls will not help you there. Spend, turtle, build up harbour as much as you can. If you insist on "defending" against Fireships, mix as much expendable off with your def (and upgrade infirmary), because Fireships work for worse against off than against def.

Also, in that case, I'd like to know your coords, to get some cheap PvPs.

So, if you defend from raids/blocks often, haven def and immprovements (Gunners, Redcoats, Scallywags, and Longhouses only) are well worth it. If you only get Fireshipped, then hiding is your only true friend.

Jan 30, 2018, 21:1401/30/18
01/19/17

OK<>

I meant that I am trying to place a cannon on a tower, and just cant get it to jigger enough to lock into place at all, stays red not green.  So I figured it is at limit.

CrowbarModerator
Jan 30, 2018, 21:1901/30/18
03/07/16

NavigatorNY said:

I meant that I am trying to place a cannon on a tower, and just cant get it to jigger enough to lock into place at all, stays red not green.  So I figured it is at limit.

No, the game will tell you when you hit the limit. Try to zoom in, and move your mouse (with the new cannon) over the basis of the tower/gate, not over its top (where you'd expect it).

Jan 31, 2018, 14:4201/31/18
01/19/17

Yes, it worked thx.  The Fortifications page says I hv 2 more cannons I can add, but how do I put a tower up?  Do I have to take down a wall?
CrowbarModerator
Jan 31, 2018, 21:0201/31/18
03/07/16

If all of your fortification slots are full, you can either remove a wall or expand your haven. IMO, the latter is a better choice.