All Categories

Protection of New Players

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Nov 4, 2017, 12:2411/04/17

Restrictions of blockade and raid rules for new players are not enough. There should be more protective blockade and raid rules for new players. A 90th stage player's blockade of a 30th stage player could be acceptable for deserted islands. But it is not a chivalrous action against active players. Thus plarium is losing new members and potential customers by this way. Most players do not attack to beginners and low stage players unless they've been provoked but some players have a habbit of attacking new, low stage players. A regulation is needed to protect beginners.

Views
Comments
Comments
CrowbarModerator
Nov 4, 2017, 12:5711/04/17
03/07/16

IMO, that's just being lazy.

The blocks are irrelevant. If anything, they keep you protected, since no one will hit you while blocked by a big player. And the 25% ransom - if they even take it from such a small player - is negligible. At the same time, you're still free to raid (for example, other blocks of your blocker) and Fireship the guy blocking you (or anyone else).

Raids are easily thwarted by simply spending your res and turtling your troops. Build up your harbour, spend down as often as you can, and keep your units in the harbour. They'd be just wasting raid attempts on you, and no one does that without being provoked (even if they did, it makes no difference to you). It's as simple as that.

You can also look into that player's enemies and ask for help, if you want a more active approach. Diplomacy is a valuable, yet often ignored element of games like this one.

As for "Plarium losing customers"... Plarium doesn't care much about non-paying players. And with just a handful of rubies, you can get enough res at the Smuggler's to build your harbour up quickly, while having your warehouses and practically cellars empty. If you take care how you buy your rubies, you'll have over 1M off and def in no time, get some etchings for even higher levels of harbour, etc. Global units discounts = 2 Fireships for the price of one. Picking up a fight when the revival discount is on or when we can anticipate it to be in the next week is also good strategy for hitting back. Veteran units require few rubies, but also very little resources, so they can be trained in bigger amounts even with small production and raiding.

In other words, little money, some patience, and a bit of effort, and no big player can do you any significant harm, while you can fight back fairly efficiently.

For a bit more rubies, but just once (i.e., no need to keep investing), walls and haven improvements can make your home def 3+ times stronger, inflicting your attacker significant losses even with weak army (or even someone else's army, if you can get them to help you out).

My point is: you have options, things you can do, with or without money. On the other hand, if you decide to start hitting blocks of any big player and you're smart about it, there is almost nothing they can do about it (they can try to trap you blindly, which is cumbersome, expensive, and for a very small gain), precisely because even blocking you will do them no good. So who's really at a disadvantage here?

#BlocksShoukldImpedeBlockedPlayersFightingAbility (i.e., #MakeBlocksGreatAgan (again?!)) :-P

Nov 4, 2017, 13:2511/04/17

LMO what mr. Crowbar? If blockades are irrelevant why don't you let other players to blockade your island? Blockades are irrelevant when you blockade other islands perhaps. If some one blocokades your island it won't be so irrelevant for you off course. There is no need to remind what to do during a raid or blockade either. We all know how to handle such situation. I'm not asking to protect  my island or advanced players' islands like yours. I'm asking to protect the islands of new players and beginners who can be upset for being blockaded.

CrowbarModerator
Nov 5, 2017, 17:0611/05/17
03/07/16

Timur The Lame said:

LMO what mr. Crowbar? If blockades are irrelevant why don't you let other players to blockade your island?

I did on s1, until he started ransoming. Then I self liberated and raided him, simply because I could. Had he behaved, or even just asked nicely and offered to make up for the ransomed res, I would still be blocked. On s2, I'm in a BH where staying blocked is not really an option, but you won't find new players there.

Timur The Lame said:

I'm asking to protect the islands of new players and beginners who can be upset for being blockaded.

Beginners already have protection. If you want to extend it, then say so and for how long. We don't need new types of protection.

I, for one, would like to see more fair protections. Currently, the player stays protected against you if they hit anything yours (blocks, Presidios, Bastions) except your haven. Not a problem with new players (except sometimes with blocks), but the same thing is applied to old players returning to the game, and that can get irritating.

Timur The Lame said:

There is no need to remind what to do during a raid or blockade either. We all know how to handle such situation.

Then feel free to teach those who don't know. Being (over)protected will not teach them anything. It'll just postpone their disappointment.

Nov 7, 2017, 16:1011/07/17
02/29/16

Hi there! 

The main protection for a new player is to cooperate with other players! Just choose a good Brotherhood, and you'll be for sure protected from experienced players. Also, I highly recommend you developing your Harbor. You'll not lose the battle if you do not take part in it. ;) 

Nov 12, 2017, 15:5811/12/17

Hi sergey; 

Plarium is making advertisement everywhere to add new players to the game. Brotherhoods are also searching for new players. But whenever a new player's island get blockaded by an other high level player (eg; a stage 30 player by a stage 90 player), the new player is always quitting the game. I think, there should be more regulations for protecting new, low stage players. 

Nov 12, 2017, 17:4811/12/17
03/27/14

Timur The Lame said:

Hi sergey; 

Plarium is making advertisement everywhere to add new players to the game. Brotherhoods are also searching for new players. But whenever a new player's island get blockaded by an other high level player (eg; a stage 30 player by a stage 90 player), the new player is always quitting the game. I think, there should be more regulations for protecting new, low stage players. 

This is a combat game, If another player leaves because they are being blocked then this is not the game for them, as crow said above

they are actually being protected ... they need to learn t o use resources up not hoard them, build troops and update buildings, get into a BH and get extra help
Nov 12, 2017, 18:0411/12/17
Nov 12, 2017, 18:05(edited)

I'm tired of repeating the same thing over and over again. But current protections are not enough. A stage 30 player can not liberate his/her island by using resources,building troops, upgrading buildings from a stage 90 player.

Nov 13, 2017, 19:5211/13/17
Nov 13, 2017, 19:52(edited)
12/13/14

Timur The Lame said:

I'm tired of repeating the same thing over and over again. But current protections are not enough. A stage 30 player can not liberate his/her island by using resources,building troops, upgrading buildings from a stage 90 player.

Most blockades are usually one bonnie and can easily be self-liberated using one marauder, but new players do not even try to scout their own havens, nor ask for help - why not talk to the guy blocking you and ask why?

No level 90 player would waste his time and units sending heavy blockades unless the level 30 player was being a pest

Nov 14, 2017, 09:2311/14/17
02/29/16

Snowgoon said:

Timur The Lame said:

Most blockades are usually one bonnie and can easily be self-liberated using one marauder, but new players do not even try to scout their own havens, nor ask for help - why not talk to the guy blocking you and ask why?

No level 90 player would waste his time and units sending heavy blockades unless the level 30 player was being a pest

Yeah, it's another good idea. Thank you, Snowgoon!

A diplomacy should work. Just talk to this player. You know most great friendship relationships in the game started from the blockade.  

Nov 14, 2017, 17:0511/14/17
Nov 14, 2017, 17:16(edited)

Actually I didn't tell a fictional story. You are right due to your experinces perhaps and maybe for Pirate Bay server. But have you ever played in Golden Coast server?

Nov 16, 2017, 23:2311/16/17
02/29/16
Timur The Lame said:

Actually I didn't tell a fictional story. You are right due to your experinces perhaps and maybe for Pirate Bay server. But have you ever played in Golden Coast server?

And what is the difference between these servers, Sir?
Nov 17, 2017, 12:0711/17/17
03/27/14

In any game when first starting out it's hard,

this is how you learn to use up resources put troops away 

ive played in many servers in many games started new and built up

So yes ive played there, grow learn from your mistakes

its not suppose to be easy