Dozens of new BOTs

15 Replies
FeistyFiona
10 October, 2017, 12:56 PM UTC

I have again received a private message from a player named "Master", but this time, instead of the usual offer for resources, I get a blank message. I decided to check out his haven, and surprise surprise, this is what I saw.




Go to these coords -629; 2155 and look to the left and right of it. You will see the entire row with havens named Master all at level 1. 

I know posting coordinates is frowned upon, but this is a BOT, and not a real player.

Please don't bother asking me to send a ticket to support. Support has been unsupportive in my experience. I'm just posting this here so people are aware.

UTC +0:00
0
Crowbar
Moderator
10 October, 2017, 1:08 PM UTC

I won't send you to the Support, but I will urge Plarium to disable parrots for havens under level 15. Let "Master" do at least some building on each of his damned accounts before he starts spamming, or at least he'll have to make/buy a proper bot to do that (and I am yet to find a proof that such bots can actually be bought).

Also, a there should be a very low limit for a number of different people who are not in one's BH nor shipmates/friends that one can parrot in a single day. I see no legitimate reason for mass parroting people who have not accepted your friendship request nor are in your BH.

These two measures alone would mean that "Master" would have to create and somewhat build a bit hundreds of havens in order to spam the whole map just once. With quick responses and some imaginative banning (like, making it easy for the Support to ban the whole arrays of accounts), the problem would be mostly solved.

UTC +0:00
0
FeistyFiona
10 October, 2017, 1:55 PM UTC

And now I get a message from another Master (-520; 2155). The first one who sent me a blank message is located at -649; 2155 . 



UTC +0:00
0
awmllr
11 October, 2017, 3:34 AM UTC

[05:57] Master: NEW WEBSITE AND NEW SERVICES! We have just launched our updated site with more offers than ever before. In addition to our great line-up of services, we now also offer “Attack on demand” service! Current special: Order 50 friends for your Pirates Den rewards, and get thousands of defense units to defend your polis FREE. We also offer sketches, Defense reinforcements, Attack for XP/PVP, Resources, and more! Check us out today at www.GameHelp.me With questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected]









This is the message I received. Probably looks same as everyone's message. Plarium  doesn't want to prevent this from happening for a very good reason to be sure. It is a lot easier to prevent these type messages than most realize if they only wanted to prevent them.

UTC +5:00
0
Snowgoon
11 October, 2017, 4:35 PM UTC

Crowbar said:


I won't send you to the Support, but I will urge Plarium to disable parrots for havens under level 15. Let "Master" do at least some building on each of his damned accounts before he starts spamming, or at least he'll have to make/buy a proper bot to do that (and I am yet to find a proof that such bots can actually be bought).

Also, a there should be a very low limit for a number of different people who are not in one's BH nor shipmates/friends that one can parrot in a single day. I see no legitimate reason for mass parroting people who have not accepted your friendship request nor are in your BH.

These two measures alone would mean that "Master" would have to create and somewhat build a bit hundreds of havens in order to spam the whole map just once. With quick responses and some imaginative banning (like, making it easy for the Support to ban the whole arrays of accounts), the problem would be mostly solved.

The Master has hacked ADMIN rights to be able to spam all havens like this - you don't believe he sends these messages one-by-one do you? lol

Oddly, he sent me his e-mail address

Deleted ------->    [08:19] Master: Email:     <>


His name seems to be S Belokon, born 1971 and is Russian

Russian?

Who would ever have guessed?   hahahahaha

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
UTC +0:00
1
Crowbar
Moderator
11 October, 2017, 5:32 PM UTC

It's not hacking. It's just (another?) bot, and probably a fairly simple one to write. That's why he needs so many accounts, due to "parrots per hour" (or whatever) limit. I don't know exactly what the limit is, but I do remember hitting it once, a long, long, long time ago. And I wasn't even scamming people selling anything, oh the shame!

They have "interesting" deals on that site. 50k gold, 50k lumber, 100k rum for about 66 cents (if you take the longest lasting package). Bought legally, you'd get 60k gold, 60k lumber, 120k rum for 320 rubies, which is around 30 cents if you're careful when choosing your special offers.

I guess that the thrill, the tension, and the risk of being scammed even more are worth the extra price.

P.S. If someone thinks I should delete the above quotes/addresses... nah... we all got them in parrots anyway.  

UTC +0:00
0
Sergey Kryvorotchenko
Community Manager
11 October, 2017, 7:00 PM UTC

Hello, Captains! 

As you know we have a daily limit for parrots you can send. It's 250 messages.  If you don't want to send the coords of these Havens to Support, well, I'll do this for you. We block every account that abuse our rules. We take measures if we are certain that player is acting against our rules. It includes hacking, farming, account trading etc.

I'll forward your feedback to our developers. We'll find new methods to fight these scammers.

Plarium Community Manager Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Plarium_Support
UTC +2:00
0
Phill
11 October, 2017, 7:37 PM UTC

You can't be serious!

Are you really taking all of us for idiots?
UTC +0:00
1
Crowbar
Moderator
11 October, 2017, 8:54 PM UTC

Phill said:

Are you really taking all of us for idiots?

I don't think he is. I, for one, appreciate Sergey's effort and approach. Please, remember that he is something between customer support and public relations. A resolution to this problem (and many other problems that we have with the game) is not in his power, but someone else's (the devs in this and the majority of other cases). Sergey can only relay the info he gets from other departments of the company, so don't hold those unconvincing promises against him.

UTC +0:00
0
Stiletto
12 October, 2017, 12:45 AM UTC

Deleting his level one havens is a bit of a waste of time and effort tbh - he could quickly create hundreds more


The problem is the actual bot havens, especially the established havens that are reaching level 62+
If these were permanently shut down he would have nothing to sell, no resources and no units

but he is able to reactivate these bots at any time, which should not be possible


Plarium need to find a way to shut down the higher level active bots and prevent them logging in again after being banned

UTC +8:00
1
Crowbar
Moderator
12 October, 2017, 7:13 AM UTC

Sergey Kryvorotchenko said:


As you know we have a daily limit for parrots you can send. It's 250 messages.

This was either lower before or I misremember hitting it (maybe I confused it with some other limit).

Anyway, 250 messages might make sense between a few people, but parroting 250 different people is a ridiculously high limit.

Also, I agree with what Stiletto wrote.
UTC +0:00
0
Sergey Kryvorotchenko
Community Manager
12 October, 2017, 8:09 AM UTC

Stiletto said:


Deleting his level one havens is a bit of a waste of time and effort tbh - he could quickly create hundreds more


The problem is the actual bot havens, especially the established havens that are reaching level 62+
If these were permanently shut down he would have nothing to sell, no resources and no units

but he is able to reactivate these bots at any time, which should not be possible


Plarium need to find a way to shut down the higher level active bots and prevent them logging in again after being banned

Manu thanks for your suggestion, Captain. Be sure, we're looking for ways to fight these high-level accounts too. 

It is easy to criticize the moderators and administrators for not doing "enough". But It's not as easy as you think to hight the many-headed Hydra.

But, again, we're working on new methods to fight spammers and I hope we'll get rid of them very soon.

Plarium Community Manager Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Plarium_Support
UTC +2:00
0
Azhaar Laghari
13 October, 2017, 1:41 PM UTC

Sergey Kryvorotchenko said:


Hello, Captains! 

As you know we have a daily limit for parrots you can send. It's 250 messages.

Why would you allow any non BH account to send 250 messages a day? Also, as mentioned, make them work to level 15 or whatever before they could post, say, 10 messages to non BH players. And to me, 10 is too liberal.


UTC +5:00
1
Sergey Kryvorotchenko
Community Manager
13 October, 2017, 2:49 PM UTC

Azhaar Laghari said:


Sergey Kryvorotchenko said:


Hello, Captains! 

As you know we have a daily limit for parrots you can send. It's 250 messages.

Why would you allow any non BH account to send 250 messages a day? Also, as mentioned, make them work to level 15 or whatever before they could post, say, 10 messages to non BH players. And to me, 10 is too liberal.


Hello!

We'll pass this suggestion to devs. The limit will be discussed.
Plarium Community Manager Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Plarium_Support
UTC +2:00
0
uijj555888
15 October, 2017, 8:53 AM UTC
many bots arround lines Y 2150 and Y -2150. Tens and tens, and with the same brotherhoods
UTC +1:00
0
Snowgoon
17 October, 2017, 4:22 PM UTC

Crowbar said:


Sergey Kryvorotchenko said:


As you know we have a daily limit for parrots you can send. It's 250 messages.

This was either lower before or I misremember hitting it (maybe I confused it with some other limit).

Anyway, 250 messages might make sense between a few people, but parroting 250 different people is a ridiculously high limit.

Also, I agree with what Stiletto wrote.

It is very likely that the limit was much lower on Kabam servers, but there can never be any need to send mass parrots at any time, except to bh members ... and even then they should be kept to an absolute minimum

I ignore hundreds of BH messages every month - almost all of which demand extra defense for presidios and bastions - tell us something new hahaha
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
UTC +0:00
0
1776358 users registered; 47865 topics; 285795 posts; our newest member:Bárbaro fenix