What is my bank value? Increasing transparency has been pursued - why not do more of it

5 Replies
Gut
20 September, 2017, 11:41 PM UTC

I remember when you needed hit squads sent to a Caravel to discern the type of power they had at them.  I remember when they took more than a minute to hit any one of them.


So my praise is to Plarium on this topic.  You made a system that was very difficult and timely to pierce accessible to a casual player or working professional alike.


My suggestion then is, why not do more of it?  If transparency made sense on Caravels, can we get transparancy on how large our bank in prizes is?


An upgrade to a building would seem fitting, but that bank value/data for each player exists somewhere on a server.  Why not provide that to us, too?
UTC +0:00
2
Icy
Moderator
22 September, 2017, 1:15 PM UTC

You should already know how plarium thinks having been a mod. But I do fully agree with you. 


Personally though something I'd love to be undone is having the lighthouse and units reset to what they were 3yrs ago. Lighthouse max level max at 100 and not being able to have negative rum and still keep our troops. DeathBringer was right when it happened it would mess up the game.
UTC -4:00
0
Sergey Kryvorotchenko
Community Manager
24 September, 2017, 6:53 PM UTC

Hi there!

I understand your point, Captain. And I know many Captains support this suggestion. But on the other hand, our developers have their own vision of the game, and it should come as no surprise that the game development process is mostly based on their vision and their plans. Unfortunately, we're not planning to change this part of the game.

Plarium Community Manager Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Plarium_Support
UTC +2:00
0
Crowbar
Moderator
24 September, 2017, 10:08 PM UTC

Sergey Kryvorotchenko said:

I understand your point, Captain. And I know many Captains support this suggestion. But on the other hand, our developers have their own vision of the game, and it should come as no surprise that the game development process is mostly based on their vision and their plans. Unfortunately, we're not planning to change this part of the game.

Are the bugs also part of the vision? 

It'd be nice to get rid of the missing reports bug. That one's quite crucial to the quality of the game... and it's been with us for about 2 years now. Also, superslow havens with long training queues are quite problematic. Weird "vision", IMO...

UTC +0:00
1
Sergey Kryvorotchenko
Community Manager
25 September, 2017, 8:20 PM UTC

Crowbar said:


Sergey Kryvorotchenko said:

I understand your point, Captain. And I know many Captains support this suggestion. But on the other hand, our developers have their own vision of the game, and it should come as no surprise that the game development process is mostly based on their vision and their plans. Unfortunately, we're not planning to change this part of the game.

Are the bugs also part of the vision? 

It'd be nice to get rid of the missing reports bug. That one's quite crucial to the quality of the game... and it's been with us for about 2 years now. Also, superslow havens with long training queues are quite problematic. Weird "vision", IMO...

Regarding superslow Havens. Actually, we're working on the way to solve this issue. We're planning to add significant changes to the game to make it faster. And I think it will be implemented very soon.

Regarding missing reports. Unfortunately, this task is not high priority task. So, I have no time frames to its fix.

That is our vision regarding bugs, Captain. We'll fix them!
Plarium Community Manager Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Plarium_Support
UTC +2:00
0
Crowbar
Moderator
25 September, 2017, 9:15 PM UTC

I didn't really expect a response to my snarky remark, so thank you for that.

Sergey Kryvorotchenko said:

Regarding superslow Havens. Actually, we're working on the way to solve this issue. We're planning to add significant changes to the game to make it faster. And I think it will be implemented very soon.

That is a very good news, thank you! 

Sergey Kryvorotchenko said:

Regarding missing reports. Unfortunately, this task is not high priority task. So, I have no time frames to its fix.

Errr... missing battle reports are not a high priority task in a strategy (at least in theory) game?! 

Sergey Kryvorotchenko said:

That is our vision regarding bugs, Captain. We'll fix them!
We might not be very optimistic about it, but it'll be more than very welcome if you do. 
UTC +0:00
0
1777298 users registered; 47955 topics; 285827 posts; our newest member:Long Shanks 72