All Categories

Fix the rum, Fix the problem

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Sep 17, 2017, 22:4709/17/17
07/21/16

Let's put some strategy back into the game. Removing this great equalizer did more to hurt this game than help in my opinion. They have cap limits in sports, it works. Here is an idea. If you have more troops than you can feed and you send them into battle, there should be a random chance they do not fight and return to the haven.  

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 18, 2017, 01:1609/18/17
11/06/15
The game used to be on the rum standard. It was simple. And a much better game then. If you couldn't supply enough rum, your troops would desert. I'm currently producing over 102k P/H of rum. I'd be called a fool by most for upgrading production when it isn't needed to keep troops, but I'm still hoping the game will revert back to the rum standard. Only then will there be a level playing field. 10 raids a day would not supply enough rum to keep some of the havens troops supplied. They would either have to buy rum or lose troops.
Sep 18, 2017, 13:5509/18/17
03/27/17
I concur on the rum issue. Massing 60k of each type of troop in a battle using money is not strategy but pays the bills I guess. Those who need to use those kind of funds to win at something I do not think could play this game using knowledge. Do your worst I say, you can't seem to do your best. 
Sep 18, 2017, 14:0409/18/17
11/06/14

Think we'd have a bit of an uproar at the rum standard being put back into place. But eh sure why not.  The games losing its excitement that it used to have the way it is now. 

Sep 19, 2017, 14:3009/19/17
02/29/16

Hi there!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

Unfortunately, this feature may affect the game balance significantly. I'm afraid we will not change the war or the economy balance without a good reason.

Sep 19, 2017, 14:5309/19/17
Sep 20, 2017, 04:39(edited)
11/06/15

Sergey Kryvorotchenko said:

Hi there!

Unfortunately, this feature may affect the game balance significantly. I'm afraid we will not change the war or the economy balance without a good reason.

You can bet your @ss it will change the game balance significantly. And that is what many players want to see happen. It would put the game back on an even playing level for all but the few.......

Besides, just think of the income that would be generated by the sale of rum if those few wanted to keep their massive numbers of troops that were somehow obtained. What better reason would you need $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sep 22, 2017, 13:2909/22/17
11/06/14

awmllr said:

Sergey Kryvorotchenko said:

Hi there!

You can bet your @ss it will change the game balance significantly. And that is what many players want to see happen. It would put the game back on an even playing level for all but the few.......

Besides, just think of the income that would be generated by the sale of rum if those few wanted to keep their massive numbers of troops that were somehow obtained. What better reason would you need $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The devs hurt the game by making this change.There's supposed to be a somewhat balance between the coiners and the casual to non-coiners. However what plarium failed to realize was we no longer have a need to buy resources from the Smugglers Den. Rum isn't needed to keep our troops. So the need to buy rum or rum consumption reduction or increased production boosts aren't needed anymore. Now, I normally wouldn't share this but what reason do I have to use my rum in the smugglers den:

Then there's page 2 with even more. Including page 2 over 1 billion in rum that really has no use.
Apr 11, 2020, 00:4904/11/20
Apr 11, 2020, 00:58(edited)
02/20/17
i agree this game is too one sided make the game fair and playable again 300 million points should be the norm for upgrades to 20 on rum cellars and distilleries with all upgrades it should remain at no more than 400 million points in troops this unlimited troops means no one can play but spenders so yes i agree reinstate rum limits so the game is playable  the average player has 20 million in offence and 5 to 10 million in defence  why do spenders need more than 400 million points thats should be with all upgrades and include offence and defence this will bring players back to the game not a bunch of new alts of old players how is it fun when spenders dont play they buy their win this is why players leave and dont come back i read it will change the game well thats what everyone wants to make the game more fair and give everyone a equal chance to play so yes changing the game is what it is all about  this can also make alot of money for plarium as it will require much more buying back troops for those spenders who wish to buy the game and not play it
CrowbarModerator
Apr 11, 2020, 23:0304/11/20
03/07/16

The currently active topic about rum limit is here, and we don't need two. So, this ancient one goes under a lock.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.