All Categories

Questions on Being Firebombed

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Aug 20, 2017, 12:1208/20/17
01/19/17

1) Does the other capn get any PVP points when he firebombes me?  

2) If not, why bother in the first place other than just plain harrassment?

3) What is the strategy to counter the impact of a fireship?  Build more walls, put more of certain units for defense in haven?

4) Sometimes I want to mass my defense units in haven after attacking an enemy and hoping he will get sloppy and raid me and fail.  is tht a failing strategy?

Navigator
Views
Comments
Comments
CrowbarModerator
Aug 20, 2017, 12:3008/20/17
03/07/16

NavigatorNY said:

Yes. Defender sometimes gets a few points; offender gets far more, for all the units they kill.

NavigatorNY said:

To kill opponent's units. PvPs are generally not worth the cost of a Fireship (often referred to as "FS"), with the exception of BH events if the offender is in a strong and active BH.

Some of us use FSs as quick scouts before hitting. Some use them as the only means of attack on a haven, because they are chickens who don't dare to risk their precious units against live players, even in this game where defending is all but impossible for anyone not pouring a small fortune in the game.

NavigatorNY said:

3) What is the strategy to counter the impact of a fireship? Build more walls, put more of certain units for defense in haven?

Nope. Walls and improvements have no effect, and defence will often attract more FS hits, often from the offender's BH and not just them alone.

The only strategy that works is to turtle (i.e., keep your units in the harbour non-stop), then unturtle seconds before a normal raid or block and turtle back right after it (which rarely happens because you won't see a real attack coming, since they usually travel under 2-3 minutes, due to Whirlpools and charts).

Also, spend down as often as possible, so you're not raided while away (because you don't have the def out).

NavigatorNY said:

4) Sometimes I want to mass my defense units in haven after attacking an enemy and hoping he will get sloppy and raid me and fail. is tht a failing strategy?

If your oponent has a half-functioning brain, it will fail. He'll either attempt to scout you first or, more likely, will send a Fireship and see def, then he'll send several more (maybe a 5-pack or even a 10-pack), thus wasting your and your friends' def without actually making an attempt. If they do raid you a few times without scouting/FSing and you're not too often under fire from someone else, then it's probably worth setting up a trap.

In my experience, mass defending of havens stopped being a thing a long time ago. All the defences I did for myself in over a year were "lure a fool, turtle so their Fireships miss (to make them think you're not defending), untrutle when they launch a raid", which is a long shot because you're usually not here at exactly the right moment (see my answer to the previous question).

If you're looking for a strategy game, you're at the wrong place. Sorry.

Aug 20, 2017, 17:2108/20/17
01/19/17

Well, tht sucks.

Whats the purpose of building defensive forces then, it is worthless against those who hv the pocketbook to buy 50 FS on discount every time it is offered.

Plarium has to offer an anti-ballistic missile FS killer invisible shield, so that the offender has to think twice whether his FS will get wiped out by the invisible shield of the defender.  Then you will have a legitimate game.

CrowbarModerator
Aug 20, 2017, 18:1008/20/17
03/07/16

You're not the first to think that. We were promised "something against Fireships" and, after a long wait, we got another sucky thing: overpriced Full protection. As someone put it nicely: now we also get to pay to not play. And, of course, it's no protection, since it's visible, timed, and renders all your offensive actions impossible (lest you get your overpriced item cancelled and thus wasted). So, it's not, like we were asking, something just against FSs.

IMO, counting the bonuses in would be a huge help. But they've refused to do that.
Aug 21, 2017, 03:1008/21/17
01/19/17

I am getting the ugliness of Plarium now, they actually need to die an ugly death.

They r banking on morons buying more 
FS to shoot back at those who shot the FS at them in the first place.

Can we firebomb Plarium? 

Does anyone know where they live?

Sep 3, 2017, 21:4009/03/17
11/04/15
NavigatorNY said:

I am getting the ugliness of Plarium now, they actually need to die an ugly death.

Can we firebomb Plarium? 

Where are all the grassy knolls when you need them?    
Sep 3, 2017, 21:4709/03/17
02/15/16
NavigatorNY said:

Can we firebomb Plarium? 

Sep 3, 2017, 22:1109/03/17
02/15/16

Greetings pirates 

@ Navigatorny 

Fireships are Plariums way of making money here 

They rely on players getting angry when someone FS's their haven and spend money to get back at them by returning fire 

Plariums bottom line is money  They could care less about fair play or the players here 

The coiner with the most money can buy the most toys and goodies and it makes them # 1 in the game and # 1 in Plariums books 

This is Plariums directive here They are in it for the money 

They do not care the game is corrupt and run by coiners and cheats 

Please send a ticket to support Lol

Cheers 

Sep 4, 2017, 00:5909/04/17
11/06/14

Yes they do, the pvp you get is roughly 15%. At least thats what a few of us calculated

To be honest plain harassment really is some people's thing. And since it doesn't break any rules it is allowed. 

3) What is the strategy to counter the impact of a fireship? Build more walls, put more of certain units for defense in haven?

Best defense is no defense. If I send a fs constantly and I get no points. I'm not going to eventually give up since it is a waste. 

4) Sometimes I want to mass my defe

Don't best strategy vs fs is to turtle. For a raid if you're going to put out mass D then you have to let him scout you. Let him scout you seeing you have offense out. It'll be too tempting to not want to hit. Then of course recall after the scout wait till the last 30 seconds max and pull out your defense. Cross your fingers and hope for the best.