All Categories

Whirl Pool o' Fate - save your money

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Aug 14, 2017, 11:4408/14/17
02/20/17

I have been bullied by a player 32 levels higher than me so I decided to move my haven and change my name. Low and behold my bully is still able to track me an hour later and blockade me. The system clearly shows your agressor where you moved. Don't waste your money on this thing - it is pointless. I think that I will give this game away now.
Views
Comments
Comments
CrowbarModerator
Aug 14, 2017, 12:0308/14/17
03/07/16
Or you could check that guy's BH's enemies and ask them to help you set up a nice li'l trap. 
Aug 14, 2017, 12:0608/14/17
03/27/14
Moved to game discussions
Aug 14, 2017, 14:0008/14/17
Aug 14, 2017, 14:07(edited)
12/13/14

ozzie_brian said:

I have been bullied by a player 32 levels higher than me so I decided to move my haven and change my name. Low and behold my bully is still able to track me an hour later and blockade me. The system clearly shows your agressor where you moved. Don't waste your money on this thing - it is pointless. I think that I will give this game away now.

The whirlpools were not added to help us defend our havens, they were added to make it easier for bullies ... just like everything in the game

I suggest you ignore this fool and he will soon get bored, or you could ask your brotherhood for help

Does anyone know if our haven fortifications help the blocker? or do they help us to liberate?
It always seems harder to liberate a haven with walls, which seems to be the exact opposite of logical

CrowbarModerator
Aug 14, 2017, 17:1808/14/17
03/07/16
Snowgoon said:

Does anyone know if our haven fortifications help the blocker? or do they help us to liberate?

I was told that they have no effect, but I haven't checked it myself.
Aug 16, 2017, 23:0308/16/17
07/10/16

ozzie_brian said:

Try this in case he does not have you in his log file...

Send the guy one rum and cancel the send, fast. 

He will turn green and if he is just using his enemy list, you will have vanished. 

If he uses his log file, do not break his block and ignore the guy. Never send them mail. They want the attention, don't give it to them. You can  play just fine while blockaded and it actually offers some protection.

CrowbarModerator
Aug 17, 2017, 06:3608/17/17
03/07/16

Azhaar Laghari said:

He will turn green and if he is just using his enemy list, you will have vanished.

Won't he still be able to click on ozzie_brian's name in any of the old reports (for example, liberation)?

Aug 18, 2017, 21:5908/18/17
11/06/14

On the reports, correct me if i'm wrong but an old report will end up showing 2 sets of coords. 1 with battle coords and the other under his name showing his current coords. then of course theirs the captains log. The resource trick though I don't think it would work. Simply being since many of us use the 100k raid fake. Havens still turn up green after raiding and still show up in  the enemies list. 

the whirlpools though as stated above weren't created to defend ourselves. They were just given to us as an additional tool. when they were first introduced many of us used them specifically to move our havens to bot lines for easy raids. This actually benefited players especially those on the outskirts of the map that had 1hr+ travel times. But in the end its nothing more than a tool nothing more. Use it for offense, raiding, presidio/bastion defense or try to run and hide. 

Your best solution however is 2 things 

1. get help from your brotherhood.

2. use his blockade times against him. he's given you the time frames when he's online. A little research and you can take the fight to him and all he gets is a measly ransom which doesn't account for much.

p.s. if you think he's using you for the weekly ransom fame board. after learning his online times you can easily mess him up so he misses out on collections and plausibly loses a top 3 or top 10 spot on the board 
Aug 19, 2017, 08:2108/19/17
04/13/15

Even on the reports, all they have to do is go to your BH and go down the member list and it will show your new coord. The way I got away from this once before was left my BH, moved, let all the messages fall off, reports, etc... took about 2 weeks, moved again, changed my name and finally since there was no way to track me, I wasn't in a BH, they weren't able to track me. They can track you through messages, but those do fall off after time, same with reports. It can be done it just takes time. Can't be done overnight.

Aug 19, 2017, 16:1408/19/17
07/10/16
Crowbar said:

Azhaar Laghari said:

Won't he still be able to click on ozzie_brian's name in any of the old reports (for example, liberation)?

Yes, certainly, IF, a player like that keeps them in their queue. Since the queue has a limit, a few friends can wipe out an attackers queue rather easily with little cost but 1 marauder per blockade.