All Categories

remove the invite your freinds popup

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Jul 6, 2017, 06:5907/06/17
08/30/16

when are you people going to remove the invite your friends popup it is the most anoying part of this game
Views
Comments
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jul 6, 2017, 10:4807/06/17
09/17/15
Hi! We are not planning to remove this popup. It appears only when you're inactive in the game for a few minutes. It's like a screensaver ;)
Jul 7, 2017, 01:0707/07/17
08/30/16
it pops up every three minutes ,and there is very little in this game that takes less than three minutes ,also it is extremely annoying when I am trying to read something or I'm in the middle of doing something .It is totally useless and not necessary ,if a person was inclined to invite their friends they wouldn't need the constant proding by this insidious popup ,
CrowbarModerator
Jul 7, 2017, 06:1507/07/17
03/07/16

On Kabam, we didn't have "friends" and invitations, yet the popup was still there. It just said something along the lines "Sober up and get to work, captain", with an image of a drunk pirate sleeping in a bar with a cat on his back (anyone has a screenshot of that? :-)).

The point is that the game goes inactive (yes, after 3 min) and pops up something to let you know. The point is not to make you invite people, that's just a side effect.

Now, does the game really need to go to "sleep" mode after just 3 min is a far better question. I think not. If it really has to go to "sleep", 30 min or an hour sounds much more realistic. I think it's just Plarium's attempt to save on server resources (bandwidth and the need for processing power) and thus pay a little less for hosting, but that's just my wild guess.
Jul 7, 2017, 10:1307/07/17
Jul 10, 2017, 11:29(edited)
09/17/15
nowhere.md said:

it pops up every three minutes ,and there is very little in this game that takes less than three minutes ,also it is extremely annoying when I am trying to read something or I'm in the middle of doing something .It is totally useless and not necessary ,if a person was inclined to invite their friends they wouldn't need the constant proding by this insidious popup ,
Just close it when it appears. If you're doing something in the game actively, it won't even appear.
CrowbarModerator
Jul 7, 2017, 19:1407/07/17
03/07/16

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

If you're doing something in the game actively, it won'r even appear.

This is somewhat wrong. One can read the chat (without typing or actually doing anything) and this popup will close it, or wait an exact moment to send units (popup wastes a few seconds and can make the person miss their mark), or monitor their own haven because they are expecting an attack (in which case it is annoying to have to click every 3 minutes while doing something else in another browser window or another program),...

Jul 7, 2017, 23:2207/07/17
08/30/16
Crowbar said:

If you're doing something in the game actively, it won'r even appear.

This is somewhat wrong. One can read the chat (without typing or actually doing anything) and this popup will close it, or wait an exact moment to send units (popup wastes a few seconds and can make the person miss their mark), or monitor their own haven because they are expecting an attack (in which case it is annoying to have to click every 3 minutes while doing something else in another browser window or another program),...

exactly my point ,why should we have to click away this useless part of the game every three minutes ,thats twenty times an hour ,and I actually missed defending an attack by two seceonds because of this useless popup ,if they can't make it time out after thirty minutes or an hour then give us the ability to turn it off all together 
Jul 8, 2017, 00:3807/08/17
08/30/16

nowhere.md said:

Just close it when it appears. If you're doing something in the game actively, it won'r even appear.
if your active in the game it takes hours for anything to happen ,so you expect us to click away this popup twenty times an hour ,don't you have any respect for your customers
Jul 10, 2017, 11:3007/10/17
09/17/15
I will pass your feedback to our devs. But can't promise you any changes.
Jul 12, 2017, 23:3707/12/17
08/30/16

I would presume they will do nothing
CrowbarModerator
Jul 13, 2017, 05:3807/13/17
03/07/16
nowhere.md said:

You underestimate our devs. They might add another popup and a ruby-only item to get rid of that one and another, more expensive one, to get rid of both. :-P  We can call those items "Ad Block Minus" and "Ad Block Plus", respectively. 
Jul 16, 2017, 01:0807/16/17
Jul 16, 2017, 01:09(edited)
08/30/16
Crowbar said:

nowhere.md said:

You underestimate our devs. They might add another popup and a ruby-only item to get rid of that one and another, more expensive one, to get rid of both. :-P  We can call those items "Ad Block Minus" and "Ad Block Plus", respectively. 
would be a good thing if they took things back to before cristmas the invite your friends popup wasn't there ,the ruby popups at login are no problem they go away when you click them off