All Categories

Banking in Prizes(New)

Banking in Prizes(New)

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Comments
Jun 1, 2017, 16:2306/01/17
11/06/14
Only thing I'd love to know is the exact value of brethren,dreads,  pardond and DCs. Other than that rest  I'm fine figuring out for myself
Jun 1, 2017, 16:2306/01/17
02/20/17

This thread is great, thank you ICY for condensing the info and to all that contributed.  

I am curious, maybe someone can clarify...

After receiving a "max payout", many operate under the assumption of repaying the bank 12%-15%.  My question is, do you need to repay the entire resource value of ALL troops won from the Prize, or just repay the "profit/gains" received from the prize?

i.e. you start with 10k SOL's, finish with 15k SOL's, do you need to repay the resource value of 15k SOL's or 5k SOL's?

Thank you in advance for any information on the matter.
Jun 1, 2017, 16:3206/01/17
11/06/14

yw

If you're payout is 15k sols then thats what you have to pay  back. the 10k you destroy to get the 15k  doesn't count towards your new bank. Also don't forget when getting payouts resources do count not just troops

Jun 14, 2017, 21:5006/14/17
04/13/15
I stopped doing prizes after Plarium decided to change the algorythms of the payouts. We use to win large amounts of ships/subs but you  now throw away far more than you ever win, so it's best for me to just train my units and keep them in my harbor. I use to keep up with my bank, and knew down to the prize when I would hit big but since the algorythm change, no more. I won't throw away thousands of troups to win 17 SOTL and 79 Subs. Just not worth it anymore. They took the fun out of it just as they have done with many things in this game.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 15, 2017, 08:2706/15/17
09/17/15
The algorithm of rewards wasn't changed even a year ago. We added a guaranteed reward, that's true. but your total reward will still be the same.
Jun 15, 2017, 15:4806/15/17
11/06/14
The new system throws us off a bit bc of the win everytime. But when you're in the hundreds and have to drop down to climb your way back up. Its a major help. Yes its different in the sense we have to adjust how we calculate our bank but end result it actual does help
Jun 18, 2017, 01:5106/18/17
Jun 18, 2017, 01:51(edited)
09/09/16

OH. And, don't forget to mention that the minimum banking requirement for a given prize is also a variable.  

So, even if you think you've met the minimum bank, and take down the prize, quite often that's still not enough to trigger a payout. Figured this out when going back down the ladder and taking down yellow-lined prizes of lower level. I sometimes go down 2 or 3 levels before triggering a payout. What's up with that?

A variable of 1pc, 2pc, even 3pc, is probably fine to make a fuzzy bank. But, when it's 9pc. to 20pc. it becomes monstrously difficult, especially when dealing with high level prizes.

To put things into perspective, after a prize run it takes 3-5 days, or up to a week, to re-train pirates and mercs (especially mercs), and that's only working towards bank on a lvl.33 prize. Some of me higher-level brethern are constantly training marauders for prizes and other things. And, do you know how many they have in their harbor at one time? Take a guess? (answer below). 

There's got to be a better way. I feel like a mouse on a wheel. I'll eventually forgo banking and just work at taking down the highest level prize I can get away with limited to 2 days of re-training. See where that takes me. 

Answer: (Millions. Millions and millions!)
Jun 21, 2017, 12:0506/21/17
03/27/14

I changed alot of how i do prizes now, i specially build troops only for prizes, 

if i don't wanna lose them and im aware that the banking doesn't always pay out even when im expected a payout

ive done them enough to know it's doesn't always happen..

Jul 6, 2017, 12:0807/06/17
11/06/14

When working in the lower levels, payouts are a pain. You generally exhaust more troops than what it pays out. Ideally you want to be in the 40s+. This is where you start to see decent payouts. 

Secondly yellow barring doesn't work the same way anymore. Its best to yellow your highest and second highest then take out your advancer. Then because it won't pay the full payout you drop down and hit your second highest. Also when yellowing you don't want to yellow 30's or less. Its relatively useless.

I'm in that category of players constantly queing troops and it takes at least 1 -3 weeks to get a fleet that actually will do some damage in the lh. To give you an idea of the number of troops that is. Its 500 mauraders per day. The only fleet you can ever build and be substantial is scouts. Offense or defense will never be enough
Jul 18, 2017, 18:3707/18/17
04/13/15
Since the algorithm was changed last year,  the returns on prizes were drastically reduced. We use to get large payouts, I always kept up with my banking and built a large fleet doing prizes, after the algorithm change, I have only received little rewards. I do better just training units. I quit doing prizes because Plarium didn't like the fact that we were able to win huge fleets from prizes. The results, they changed the algorithm so we aren't able to win the large payouts anymore. Nothing like we use to win. So IMO, your just throwing away your units doing prizes. You don't win large quantities of units anymore. it's just another way the game get's you to buy your units back out of the infirmary, which I never do. Why would I throw away thousands of pirates, mercenaries, fleet and armada just to win a measly 25 SOTL and maybe 100 subs. Just not worth it anymore. Right before the algorithm change I did a prize and won 6000 subs and 2500 Juggs, since that time, I've not won a single thing. They claim your suppose to get some kind of payout on every prize, but I even had times that I didn't get a single reward.  Prizes now are a joke. I've done the math, I have always kept up with my banking, it's how I use to win large fleets, since the change, after my last large win, My bank right now should be that I should win a large fleet but that hasn't occured, I still would get no large return. Winning a couple hundred MOW or GB's to me isn't a win. Not on a level 103 prize. It's like a lottery, there are a few that get a few hundred Juggernauts or SOTL, but the large unit number wins are extinct, I mean the wins that use to result in the thousands of ships
Jul 20, 2017, 14:1307/20/17
11/06/14
I understand your point however I'm still seeing players get payouts of 17-30 million on prizes. My suggestion however is to stop using mercs, fleet and armada for the lh and only use mauraders. Based on time + cost + stats they are actually the strongest unit when banking. Also since pirate relics are more common this becomes more beneficial when banking
Nov 4, 2017, 14:2411/04/17
Why can't we see our banking accounts that we used to see before the prize update?
Nov 7, 2017, 16:0211/07/17
02/29/16

Timur The Lame said:

Why can't we see our banking accounts that we used to see before the prize update?

Hello!

Cool! I'm glad that we resume this thread!

Well, some of the in-game features should not be explicitly shown to players. To me, this adds more excitement and thrill to the game. 

Nov 12, 2017, 15:3111/12/17
Nov 12, 2017, 16:16(edited)
Sergey Kryvorotchenko said

Hello!

Well, some of the in-game features should not be explicitly shown to players. To me, this adds more excitement and thrill to the game. 

Hi Sergey: Do you really think that hiding our banking accounts are making the game more exciting?   
Nov 14, 2017, 09:1811/14/17
02/29/16

Timur The Lame said:

Sergey Kryvorotchenko said

Hello!

Hi Sergey: Do you really think that hiding our banking accounts are making the game more exciting?   

Yes, I think so, Captain.

Let's consider 2 cases:

1. Your Prizes' progress is known. You need just send Units to Prizes and wait for your progress reaches the certain value. Very simple.

2. Your Prizes' progress is hidden. And you have to a) find out what is the Resource value of each type your Units; b) Calculate all the loses; c) investigate which types of Units are more useful for exchange on Prizes; d) pay attention to details to find out your bank is full and it's time for a big reward!

And which case is more strategical to you, Captain?

Nov 14, 2017, 17:1111/14/17
Ok.
CrowbarModerator
Nov 14, 2017, 19:3911/14/17
03/07/16

Sergey Kryvorotchenko said:

Let's consider 2 cases:

1. Your Prizes' progress is known. You need just send Units to Prizes and wait for your progress reaches the certain value. Very simple.

2. Your Prizes' progress is hidden. And you have to a) find out what is the Resource value of each type your Units; b) Calculate all the loses; c) investigate which types of Units are more useful for exchange on Prizes; d) pay attention to details to find out your bank is full and it's time for a big reward!

Number one, because with it I can plan, i.e., make strategy. With number two, I can play detective/researcher/adventurer (or ignore the prizes, as I usually do).

Nov 16, 2017, 23:3111/16/17
02/29/16

Crowbar said:

Let's consider 2 cases:

Number one, because with it I can plan, i.e., make strategy. With number two, I can play detective/researcher/adventurer (or ignore the prizes, as I usually do).

You can plan with number two as well. Why not? You just need to investigate this feature carefully to make a more precise plan. The difference is just in difficulty level.

CrowbarModerator
Nov 17, 2017, 22:0111/17/17
03/07/16

Crowbar said:

Let's consider 2 cases:

You can plan with number two as well. Why not? You just need to investigate this feature carefully to make a more precise plan. The difference is just in difficulty level.

I cannot plan if I don't know how it works. The question was "which case is more strategical to you?" and my answer is: "the one in which I can plan to make strategy". The other one is a detective game (where you can change things under the hood without us knowing). We can play both, of course, but only one is (more) strategical.

I can accept that one can plan to a certain point without knowing the exact rules and/or when they change (i.e., in case #2), but there is no doubt that one can plan better if they know how it works, making the case one more strategical, which was the original question I was answering.

Nov 23, 2017, 23:1911/23/17
02/29/16

Crowbar said:

Crowbar said:

Let's consider 2 cases:

I cannot plan if I don't know how it works. The question was "which case is more strategical to you?" and my answer is: "the one in which I can plan to make strategy". The other one is a detective game (where you can change things under the hood without us knowing). We can play both, of course, but only one is (more) strategical.

I can accept that one can plan to a certain point without knowing the exact rules and/or when they change (i.e., in case #2), but there is no doubt that one can plan better if they know how it works, making the case one more strategical, which was the original question I was answering.

I feel like we're going in circles, sir Crowbar. Prizes are a difficult part of the gameplay. I know a lot of players who lose their troops. On the other hand, I know players who get their rewards constantly. What does it mean? It means some players have a strategy even without their Prizes' progress (bank) and another part doesn't have any strategy or tactics.