All Categories

How work Dark Corsair on the ex Kabam Servers now?

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Mar 4, 2017, 16:2903/04/17
07/07/14

I wonder how it works friends and Dark Corsair. 

A friend on the server Golden Cost (ex Kabam Pirate Bay) appeared on the server Sirens Strait (ex Kabam Golden Cost) with his Dark Corsair and well known message I've Given ye Black Spot ...

How is it possible that he visited me and we did not even know one another on the server Sirens Strait, both now and before moving servers. Just we are shipmates for years and now friends on Plarium GC??

Is there a possibility of finding a haven from a friend on any server, without message him and ask where is his haven,  just find his coordinates for visiting and giving black spot??

Views
Comments
Comments
CrowbarModerator
Mar 4, 2017, 18:0903/04/17
03/07/16

Accounts are friends, not havens, i.e., it is unrelated to the maps. If you're friends on Golden Coast, you're friends everywhere.

I think that there is no way to find your friend's coordinates, as he - generally speaking - may or may not play on the same map or even game you're looking for him. In your particular case, you seem to be on t he same map of the same map, but it doesn't have to be true in general, hence my conclusion. I'm sure that someone will correct me if my conclusion is wrong.
Mar 4, 2017, 23:5903/04/17
Mar 5, 2017, 00:02(edited)
02/02/17

Edal2007 said:

A friend on the server Golden Cost (ex Kabam Pirate Bay) appeared on the server Sirens Strait (ex Kabam Golden Cost) with his Dark Corsair and well known message I've Given ye Black Spot ...

How is it possible that he visited me and we did not even know one another on the server Sirens Strait, both now and before moving servers. Just we are shipmates for years and now friends on Plarium GC??

Is there a possibility of finding a haven from a friend on any server, without message him and ask where is his haven,  just find his coordinates for visiting and giving black spot??

If he sent you a message then open it and click his name at the top, or just find his avatar at the bottom of the game page and click that to visit his haven

but if you got the black spot message then he already has a dark corsair with your name attached to it, so just go to your own cemetery and raise a dc yourself using your daily black spots
Mar 9, 2017, 13:3203/09/17
Mar 11, 2017, 12:50(edited)
07/07/14

Erik Bloodaxe said:

Edal2007 said:

If he sent you a message then open it and click his name at the top, or just find his avatar at the bottom of the game page and click that to visit his haven

I don't have his avatar on the botton on server where we don't know for each other, only on server where we are friend for years, so i can know for him only if appear message about DC

And is difficult to follow friends in bh with 150 members, i think what need improve this system to his avatar be visible in the game, or on some list inside of the game and not only on my profile page.

One more thing, on server Sirens' Strait have one friend, new member, and on server Golden Cost i find his haven accidentally on map was near my when i been look for raid some haven. So now i need remember his name from big list of friend, need go on his haven, open his info on profile picture to see is it friend or not...

That is to complicated and slow down game

Mar 10, 2017, 16:3303/10/17
Mar 10, 2017, 16:33(edited)
02/20/17
What I'm finding really irritating is that I paid rubies for gravestones and now I can't summon corsairs unless I spam people to get them to sign onto the game. I have a full shipmate roster and 2 corsairs left. We used to be able to summon them back with the gravestones and shipmates. Not anymore. All I get is a popup window to spam somebody before I can get one. This really ticks me off and has reduced the amount of purchases I would have otherwise made. This game has a lot of earning potential if it would just stop ticking off its customers. I mean it was a bright idea in theory, but implementation was bad. Give us back our original corsairs, and come up with a whole new reward system for the Pirate's Den. 
CrowbarModerator
Mar 10, 2017, 22:5403/10/17
03/07/16

You can offer friendship to anyone on the map. Start with your old shipmates. Each player's menu has "Add to Friends" item. Same on the map: enter their havens and go to the menu when pops up when you mouse-over their icon (over the Stronghold).

The "spam people" window is just the "drunken pirate" image from Kabam: something to tell you that the game is in sleep mode, nothing more.
Mar 11, 2017, 00:5503/11/17
Mar 11, 2017, 01:07(edited)
02/20/17

Crowbar said:

You can offer friendship to anyone on the map. Start with your old shipmates. Each player's menu has "Add to Friends" item. Same on the map: enter their havens and go to the menu when pops up when you mouse-over their icon (over the Stronghold).

The "spam people" window is just the "drunken pirate" image from Kabam: something to tell you that the game is in sleep mode, nothing more.

That is not what I'm seeing. When I click on the haunted cemetery, I get the Haunted Cemetery pane showing the green Dark Corsairs selectors that I used to be able to simply click on to summon them because I had adequate shipmates and gravestones. Now there are no names on the icons and when I click on one I get a popup window requiring that I invite friends from social media or email, and there appears to be no way around it. So the rubies I spent on the gravestones are now useless unless I launch a spam campaign. 

We shouldn't have to invite our already existing shipmates to re-activate the corsairs. Some of those players aren't even in the game anymore. This is an integrated marketing scheme downloaded onto the players, plain and simple. Like I said, it's not bad in theory, but it's not implemented right. It ticks me off that I have to go through these extra steps to reacquire what I already had before, and it's reduced my openness to making any more purchases. If this wasn't an issue I'd have already made another purchase today on one of the servers.

Mar 11, 2017, 04:0903/11/17
Mar 11, 2017, 04:11(edited)
02/20/17

curuser said:

That is not what I'm seeing. When I click on the haunted cemetery, I get the Haunted Cemetery pane showing the green Dark Corsairs selectors that I used to be able to simply click on to summon them because I had adequate shipmates and gravestones. Now there are no names on the icons and when I click on one I get a popup window requiring that I invite friends from social media or email, and there appears to be no way around it. So the rubies I spent on the gravestones are now useless unless I launch a spam campaign. 

We shouldn't have to invite our already existing shipmates to re-activate the corsairs. Some of those players aren't even in the game anymore. This is an integrated marketing scheme downloaded onto the players, plain and simple. Like I said, it's not bad in theory, but it's not implemented right. It ticks me off that I have to go through these extra steps to reacquire what I already had before, and it's reduced my openness to making any more purchases. If this wasn't an issue I'd have already made another purchase today on one of the servers.

Aye Aye Cruruser, I was frustrated too - just ignore the cave DC without a crew attached to it - go down the list of your own BH and visit each of their havens - select the "send a friend request" button below their haven. Once they accept you will be able to go to the cave and raise those DC

Mar 11, 2017, 05:2603/11/17
02/20/17
Datr said:

curuser said:

Aye Aye Cruruser, I was frustrated too - just ignore the cave DC without a crew attached to it - go down the list of your own BH and visit each of their havens - select the "send a friend request" button below their haven. Once they accept you will be able to go to the cave and raise those DC

Yes thanks for that. Did that. Still no replies. And what about those who quit the game, but are still on your list? It's something that has been altered that shouldn't have been. Arrr.
CrowbarModerator
Mar 11, 2017, 10:2103/11/17
03/07/16

The DCs on your list, but without a button, belong to people who are not your friends (they are likely your old shipmates). Once you kill those DCs, they won't be coming back. Like on Kabam, when you'd drop shipmates: their DCs remain until killed.

On Plarium platform, they have this "friends" system that wasn't available on Kabam. Now that we've moved, we had to switch to that too. Can't have different systems on the same platform.
Mar 11, 2017, 12:0603/11/17
Mar 11, 2017, 12:48(edited)
07/07/14

Crowbar said:

The DCs on your list, but without a button, belong to people who are not your friends (they are likely your old shipmates). Once you kill those DCs, they won't be coming back. Like on Kabam, when you'd drop shipmates: their DCs remain until killed.

On Plarium platform, they have this "friends" system that wasn't available on Kabam. Now that we've moved, we had to switch to that too. Can't have different systems on the same platform.

This friends system is sucks, sorry for language, but it is!!! Have names on friends list and i don't know from where are there, they are not in my bh, so i need for all of  them send parrot,mean message??? And write their coordinates to not forget where is their haven? Come on!!!

And i agree with Curuser, also have many in game what complain how they spend rubies for gravestone and now is useless!!

CrowbarModerator
Mar 11, 2017, 16:5903/11/17
03/07/16
Edal, I never said I liked it. I don't, especially the fact that you have no idea who's offering you friendship. I merely explained "buttonless" DCs.
Mar 11, 2017, 20:5403/11/17
02/20/17
Crowbar said:

Edal, I never said I liked it. I don't, especially the fact that you have no idea who's offering you friendship. I merely explained "buttonless" DCs.
Right. Got that. The other thing that sucks is discovering that if we want more than 10 we've got to start buying them with upgrade etchings. There's an old politically incorrect phrase for taking away something you have already given to someone, let alone paid paid for. It's not ethical.
Mar 11, 2017, 23:4603/11/17
Mar 11, 2017, 23:53(edited)
12/13/14

curuser said:

Crowbar said:

Right. Got that. The other thing that sucks is discovering that if we want more than 10 we've got to start buying them with upgrade etchings. There's an old politically incorrect phrase for taking away something you have already given to someone, let alone paid paid for. It's not ethical.

Ignore all shipmates and do not upgrade Brethren Court using etchings - we no longer need any shipmates
Send friends requests to your bh members and all existing shipmates - we all need 70+ friends (they are unlimited, and you can attack friends too)

You can click the Add Friends button on Haven sea map or click names in chat

http://prnt.sc/eiu4gm

Please note that plarium friends might appear in other plarium games and servers too - this never happened in kabam

CrowbarModerator
Mar 12, 2017, 07:5403/12/17
03/07/16
Curser, as Snowgoon explained: you are still mixing up "shipmates" and "friends". Please, take a few minutes to read the item 3 of my tutorial for (ex)Kabamians.
Mar 14, 2017, 13:4303/14/17
03/07/16
I made the mistake of casting overboard some inactives and then trying to add new active shipmates, but the game says I am at the max and must upgrade my Breathen Court to add more shipmates, so be careful.  
CrowbarModerator
Mar 14, 2017, 16:0703/14/17
03/07/16
jmoxley2 said:

I made the mistake of casting overboard some inactives and then trying to add new active shipmates, but the game says I am at the max and must upgrade my Breathen Court to add more shipmates, so be careful.  
What do you need shipmates for?