50pc - OFF-DEFF - Booster gone

12 Replies
Attalar
1 March, 2017, 7:52 AM UTC

Hello,


my 50% OFF/DEFF-Booster ran out and usually I had an offer that I could buy a new one.

Didnt get the offer this time?Β 

Did they change something about this or is it a bug?


Greetings,


Attalar
UTC +2:00
Crowbar
Moderator
1 March, 2017, 11:02 AM UTC
These offers are not on all the time. Like Scholars, they sometimes appear, and sometimes they do not.
UTC +0:00
Attalar
1 March, 2017, 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Crowbar,


That is funny because it would be the first tme since I started playing last summer that there is no offer. It usually was right there to the second the booster expired that one could buy a new one...



UTC +2:00
jmoxley2
Moderator
1 March, 2017, 1:32 PM UTC
Crowbar is correct those two offers do not appear all the time, just like etchings in events.
John Your Friendly Moderator
UTC +0:00
Attalar
1 March, 2017, 1:54 PM UTC

So I had just been lucky over the last 3/4 year?

The booster last 7days and exactly 1day before the end there was a countdown 24:00 hours. When the booster was done, I could buy a new one.

As did my BH-members. They all were lucky, too?



UTC +2:00
Attalar
1 March, 2017, 3:01 PM UTC

... and the luck is back obiviously πŸ˜‰



UTC +2:00
Attalar
1 March, 2017, 3:03 PM UTC

P l a r ium at its best πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚



UTC +2:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
2 March, 2017, 12:36 PM UTC

Hi, Attalar!

We have fixed this issue yesterday and you should've been able to buy this Item again :)
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Smitten
2 March, 2017, 4:53 PM UTC

The game has more than enough advantages for big money spenders. This item should be removed from the game permanently.


It has the side effect of helping RuAL and their endless brotherhood strategy. It just encourages them to smash their accounts, boot them out of the BH and start new accounts. By my estimate they have had over 500 "members" since the BH was started in June of last year.


Spenders will spend on more ships if you take this item away, Plariium will benefit and you will make a slightly more level playing field for other players. Come on Plarium. Put some skill back into the game and you will see the game grow again.

UTC +0:00
Crowbar
Moderator
2 March, 2017, 5:40 PM UTC

I agree with this:

Smitten said:

The game has more than enough advantages for big money spenders. This item should be removed from the game permanently.
However, I don't understand this:

Smitten said:

It has the side effect of helping RuAL and their endless brotherhood strategy. It just encourages them to smash their accounts, boot them out of the BH and start new accounts. By my estimate they have had over 500 "members" since the BH was started in June of last year.
How does the 50% off bonus item help specifically the strategy that you accuse RuAL of (I'm not saying that the accusation is justified or not; that's not the subject here)? If they are doing what you claim, wouldn't they be doing that without the 50% bonus?

UTC +0:00
Smitten
2 March, 2017, 6:11 PM UTC

So I have no way of knowing whether they use it or not, but this is why it helps them (as a side-effect):


They only use their offences once or twice before junking them, so they can spend once and get a massive bonus to their offences for a small amount of money


Moreover, they are encouraging all of us to do the same thing. Stay turtled, don't play the game, climb the lighthouse, buy the 50% offf/def item smash and then start a new account. Is this really the kind of game they envisioned?
UTC +0:00
Crowbar
Moderator
2 March, 2017, 7:06 PM UTC

Smitten said:

They only use their offences once or twice before junking them, so they can spend once and get a massive bonus to their offences for a small amount of money

I'd say it pays off better if you use your off more than once. But, I do agree that it is also convenient for this strategy. I just don't think it is encouraging it (nor is it discouraging it).

Smitten said:

Moreover, they are encouraging all of us to do the same thing. Stay turtled, don't play the game, climb the lighthouse, buy the 50% offf/def item smash and then start a new account. Is this really the kind of game they envisioned?

Sadly, yes, in the form I quoted your text.

UTC +0:00
Attalar
3 March, 2017, 10:33 AM UTC

Smitten said:


The game has more than enough advantages for big money spenders. This item should be removed from the game permanently.


Spenders will spend on more ships if you take this item away, Plariium will benefit and you will make a slightly more level playing field for other players. Come on Plarium. Put some skill back into the game and you will see the game grow again.

I think it is just the other way around:

I don't think the removal would change that a bit.The only reguarly money I spend is for this item. I made my fleet almost completly out out of the lighthouse and I use this item to top out what I have - so that I Β DON'T have to spend rubbies for troops...


UTC +2:00
1662203 users registered; 33542 topics; 252708 posts; our newest member:Trose