Bot Havens Are Waste of Space

11 Replies
1970ssuperbird
12 February, 2017, 4:49 PM UTC
Understandably, Plarium has drastically cut back on the amount of resources that we can now get from all those Bot Havens scattered around the board.  This is merely their response to the "No $$ for Cheats" program that players have instituted.  The end result has become that those "BOTS" are now simply wasting space on the board since it is more productive to raid 20 to 30 level havens that players have abandoned.  A mere 3 blockades is another sticking point.  Seems that number could and should be upped a bit.  There are players who have literally hundreds of blockades and Plarium rewards them with rubies for hogging the map.  The game has decidedly become one where there are no more rewards for being a true "PIRATE" but rather being someone who is able to scrounge mere morsels to survive....unless you want to spend lots of CASH. 
UTC +6:00
4
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
13 February, 2017, 11:56 AM UTC
Hi! Unfortunately, we're not planning to increase the number of blockades you get Resources from.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
0
Blasphemy
Moderator
13 February, 2017, 12:51 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Hi! Unfortunately, we're not planning to increase the number of blockades you get Resources from.

he isn't talking about blockading he is talking about raiding them for resources, they are now useless when in fact they used to produce heavily 

plarium banned the bots and fixed the resource production on them so they give very lil ... this had upset many players 
I am a daughter of a High King who is not moved by this world for my God is with me and goes before me, I do not fear because im his
UTC +2:00
1
Blasphemy
Moderator
13 February, 2017, 12:54 PM UTC

1970ssuperbird said:


Understandably, Plarium has drastically cut back on the amount of resources that we can now get from all those Bot Havens scattered around the board.  This is merely their response to the "No $$ for Cheats" program that players have instituted.  The end result has become that those "BOTS" are now simply wasting space on the board since it is more productive to raid 20 to 30 level havens that players have abandoned.  A mere 3 blockades is another sticking point.  Seems that number could and should be upped a bit.  There are players who have literally hundreds of blockades and Plarium rewards them with rubies for hogging the map.  The game has decidedly become one where there are no more rewards for being a true "PIRATE" but rather being someone who is able to scrounge mere morsels to survive....unless you want to spend lots of CASH. 

If you want a reward for being a true pirate it was never gaining resources from them bots... that's a lazy pirate advantage we all took for granted 

go find some havens like old school, the bots are dead 
I am a daughter of a High King who is not moved by this world for my God is with me and goes before me, I do not fear because im his
UTC +2:00
0
Icy
Moderator
18 February, 2017, 11:39 AM UTC
The bots are a waste of space though. They also scatter new players to the edges of the map where they have no one to raid, which in theory can easily effect retention rates of new players. When whirlpools were introduced all the lv 2s were wiped from the map, so getting rid of the bots is plausible
UTC -4:00
1
Crowbar
Moderator
18 February, 2017, 12:17 PM UTC
Icy said:

When whirlpools were introduced all the lv 2s were wiped from the map, so getting rid of the bots is plausible
Actually, no. Level 1s and 2s are just hidden behind Whirlpools. They stil exist and I'm fairly certain they could log in if they returned (unless they were always bogus, accountless havens... I have no way of checking that). It'd be interesting to see one of them log in while someone else is Wirlpooled on their position.
UTC +0:00
0
Icy
Moderator
21 February, 2017, 10:31 AM UTC
From my understanding of those players they're just given a new location either to the edge of the map or a nearby whirlpool. The level 1-2s for that I do have experience with because in my original position on the map. I had 3 in my general vaccinity and they were replaced with whirlpools. On a personal note, I wanted to return to my original position and someone already took it :(
UTC -4:00
0
Raventor
21 February, 2017, 3:19 PM UTC

Icy said:


The bots are a waste of space though. They also scatter new players to the edges of the map where they have no one to raid, which in theory can easily effect retention rates of new players. When whirlpools were introduced all the lv 2s were wiped from the map, so getting rid of the bots is plausible

100% agree with you Icy, get rid of them all together, and at the same time put any one who hasn't been online for 6 months out of a brotherhood and, on the edge of the map, you can call it " Not Here Land "


Raventor

“In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity” Sun Tsu
UTC +1:00
1
Blasphemy
Moderator
24 February, 2017, 8:07 PM UTC

I know in a mobile game i play after a month not playing the city disappears if they decide to come back they are warped onto another location 

this could really help with the bot issues in our game if we could get the devs to add it 
I am a daughter of a High King who is not moved by this world for my God is with me and goes before me, I do not fear because im his
UTC +2:00
0
Pyrate
26 February, 2017, 6:16 PM UTC
are bot havens easy to spot?
UTC +8:00
0
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
27 February, 2017, 1:15 PM UTC
ffsffs74 said:

are bot havens easy to spot?
Some say yes, but you still need to scroll over the map until you find some. 
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
0
Blasphemy
Moderator
1 March, 2017, 7:16 PM UTC

ffsffs74 said:


are bot havens easy to spot?

yes if you play on the first server...lol

but the resources aren't what they used to be,
I am a daughter of a High King who is not moved by this world for my God is with me and goes before me, I do not fear because im his
UTC +2:00
0
1777624 users registered; 48038 topics; 286004 posts; our newest member:GOURCUFF