Ridiculous Monster Fleets

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Apr 6, 2017, 09:3904/06/17
09/17/15

Raventor said:

Top Russian Mafias ?? Ant they got far more important things to be getting on with like election rigging , and making money ( not spending it in a pirate game ) ???

Apr 6, 2017, 22:2604/06/17
Apr 6, 2017, 22:29(edited)
11/06/14

Ah I see so you old people and the mafia go hand in hand. This would explain why the heaviest "coiners" are elderly

I'm half the age of most of my crew so you're all old folk to me :D :D

Apr 10, 2017, 06:4104/10/17
07/28/16

Icy said:

Ah I see so you old people and the mafia go hand in hand. This would explain why the heaviest "coiners" are elderly

I'm half the age of most of my crew so you're all old folk to me :D :D

When you get to a " Golden Age " Icy the pleasures in life are very simple, after you managed to buy your prescriptions and microwave meals, you can then concentrate on your very own secret plan, which is to buy a lot of chocolate, to make the grand kids sick, so your kin after clean it up, and to buy them all musical instruments for Christmas, you be surprized how effective a drum kit can be on visitation rights. :o)

Rav

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Apr 10, 2017, 12:2604/10/17
09/17/15
Raventor said:

When you get to a " Golden Age " Icy the pleasures in life are very simple, after you managed to buy your prescriptions and microwave meals, you can then concentrate on your very own secret plan, which is to buy a lot of chocolate, to make the grand kids sick, so your kin after clean it up, and to buy them all musical instruments for Christmas, you be surprized how effective a drum kit can be on visitation rights. :o)

Rav

Sounds like a busy time
Apr 11, 2017, 07:3804/11/17
10/20/13
May 1, 2017, 12:4405/01/17
07/28/16

coromal said

Nothing without yr dumb arse drones & Macromedia Flash hacks. X

What is a "Flash Hack" ?

May 1, 2017, 15:3605/01/17
May 2, 2017, 02:19(edited)
02/20/17

Ravenator - now we are getting to the heart of the matter ... hacking !!!

After some discussion going back a few weeks it is crystal clear to me that the game is hackable and is hacked.

Kinda off-putting to know a hacker can just click a few buttons to get whatever they want with no effort.

This is a problem for the game Developers. After all, it is they who are losing the most money to the hacker(s).

Update: upon reading other posts it seems that hacking has been going on (on the Plarium server) for quite a while ... support seems unaware of who/what/when defending this position by saying that they regularly run scrips to check that everything is OK. That is an admission of hacking, right there.

May 2, 2017, 09:0205/02/17
May 2, 2017, 09:45(edited)
04/10/16

Hey Rav

There's so many websites on Flash hacking I honestly don't know where to start. 

Flash is the 'front end'  used to play the game. So, objects like the 'smugglers den' for eg, are rendered on our PC "Clients" and some of this functionality is then available locally at the client. This in turn can be interfered with by unscrupulous tech savvy players to gain advantage. This is hacking at the client, as opposed to the server, which will hold the necessary databases for the game to run. 

A server is "secure" LOL behind firewalls etc and hacking the back end would therefore be more difficult, though not impossible to implement. Check out SQLinjection attacks to learn a little about that stuff (for the purpose of understanding what is possible).

Now back at the client side, one could write a script to automate in game functions like pirate, merc, fleet and armada ship building at given intervals. Imagine you were controlling hundreds of bots, harvesting the rss for these activities and channelling those rss into 'designated' havens. In a comparatively short period of time, you already have the resources to build the fleet required to do some serious damage to your enemies.

Now imagine bunches of accounts on same person PC or own virtual server farm (different IP's) ?!? They can all be automated

I am not a cheat. Plarium have the records to already know this ;)

BTW - Always enjoy yr comments and think you are a kick assss player ;) hope you don't leave outa frustration.

Cheers, Coromal

May 2, 2017, 16:0805/02/17
07/28/16

coromal said:

Hey Rav

There's so many websites on Flash hacking I honestly don't know where to start. 

Flash is the 'front end'  used to play the game. So, objects like the 'smugglers den' for eg, are rendered on our PC "Clients" and some of this functionality is then available locally at the client. This in turn can be interfered with by unscrupulous tech savvy players to gain advantage. This is hacking at the client, as opposed to the server, which will hold the necessary databases for the game to run. 

A server is "secure" LOL behind firewalls etc and hacking the back end would therefore be more difficult, though not impossible to implement. Check out SQLinjection attacks to learn a little about that stuff (for the purpose of understanding what is possible).

Now back at the client side, one could write a script to automate in game functions like pirate, merc, fleet and armada ship building at given intervals. Imagine you were controlling hundreds of bots, harvesting the rss for these activities and channelling those rss into 'designated' havens. In a comparatively short period of time, you already have the resources to build the fleet required to do some serious damage to your enemies.

Now imagine bunches of accounts on same person PC or own virtual server farm (different IP's) ?!? They can all be automated

I am not a cheat. Plarium have the records to already know this ;)

BTW - Always enjoy yr comments and think you are a kick assss player ;) hope you don't leave outa frustration.

Cheers, Coromal

Thank you Coromal for the kind words, and the explanation.

I feel a little foolish I did not realize this could be done. Mind you I am a Solider not a computer programmer.

Is doing the above, game legal ?

Best Regards

Rav  
CrowbarModerator
May 2, 2017, 19:3805/02/17
03/07/16

Raventor said:

Is doing the above, game legal ?

No, but when did "illegal" stop people from doing something?

I wouldn't call the above "hacking", but it would definitely be cheating.
May 3, 2017, 03:0305/03/17
02/15/16

Greetings pirates 

Thank you Coromal for shedding some light on what has been going on here for some time now 

Plarium refuses to admit it 

But lie and deny seems to be something that is done well here 

They know it is going on but refuse to do anything about it or are unable to stop it 

The same goes for this clown Master that appears out of no where peddling his wares once a month

Until Plarium admits there is a problem here nothing will be done about it 

The cheats will continue on 

@ Crowbar hacking / cheating  same same 

Cheers 

CrowbarModerator
May 3, 2017, 05:2005/03/17
03/07/16

Kaptain Kidd said:

Thank you Coromal for shedding some light on what has been going on here for some time now 

Plarium refuses to admit it

I'm pretty sure that Alyona "admitted" it somewhere, also claiming that they are fighting it.

Kaptain Kidd said:

They know it is going on but refuse to do anything about it or are unable to stop it 

You obviously didn't understand Coromal's post. It boils down to writing your own client. The server has no way of telling yours and the original one apart. As I keep saying: the problem that needs solving is (mass) alting, not some mysterious "hacking".

Kaptain Kidd said:

@ Crowbar hacking / cheating same same

No, it's not. "Ordinary" alting is also cheating, but it has nothing to do with hacking. Hacking would imply a breaking that could and should be patched.