All Categories

Scourge of the Seas?

Scourge of the Seas?

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Dec 17, 2016, 14:5912/17/16
07/10/16

Scourge of the Seas?

Since suggestions are closed, let me run this by the real players who have real havens and who play most every day.

Should a "user" of this game be Scourge of the Seas when said "user" has a 0 or a negative number in any of the four categories?

I write the word "user" due to the fact that I have seen some harvest havens that are Scourge of the seas and frankly, I find this more than distasteful. Some players worked very hard to get the title, some have millions in two of the categories, while a harvest haven, just because its creator has visited it once a month or so, also gets the title.

It may seem minor to some or most, heck, I am not yet a Scourge so nothing in it for me. It is just the very idea that a 0 or negative haven is "A horrible pirate?"

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 23, 2016, 13:1812/23/16
11/06/14
If I remember correctly, not completely sure. But I believe thats based on the medals in our diary. Not all of them require pirating actions like raiding or attacking. 
Dec 26, 2016, 15:1712/26/16
08/08/16

I think its based on time...how long ago you created ur acct...i joined in Aug-2016...i am pirate king...whenever i get an updated title, there is no apparent victory or accomplishment that triggered it...only my time on line....

correct me if i'm wrong!
Dec 27, 2016, 08:0112/27/16
Dec 27, 2016, 08:02(edited)
07/10/16

freedominpa said:

I think its based on time...how long ago you created ur acct...i joined in Aug-2016...i am pirate king...whenever i get an updated title, there is no apparent victory or accomplishment that triggered it...only my time on line....

correct me if i'm wrong!

Yup, mouse over your current status and it say, in x days, you will get your new infamy... Prior it prattles on about awards enabling it sooner so it contradicts itself. First part says awards and experience and time and then it clearly states, next infamy in x days.

I still go back to the point that a 0 or a negative in any of the catagories, no scourge of the seas allowed.
CrowbarModerator
Dec 27, 2016, 13:0812/27/16
03/07/16

azhaarlaghari said:

I still go back to the point that a 0 or a negative in any of the catagories, no scourge of the seas allowed.

Negative in prizes should be "Pirate Hacker". 

Joking aside, I agree. In a game that goes on "forever", giving some kind of status depending on the time spent playing is nonsense.

IMO, some kind of ranking based on the rest of the server would make sense. For example, if you're in top 5% by off, def, raids, or prizes, you could be "Scourge of the Seven Seas". And yes, that means your rank could drop.

However, I don't expect Plarium to ever change this. It's just a filler in the Diary window that most people don't even notice anymore.
Dec 27, 2016, 23:3212/27/16
07/10/16

Crowbar said:

azhaarlaghari said:

Negative in prizes should be "Pirate Hacker". 

Joking aside, I agree. In a game that goes on "forever", giving some kind of status depending on the time spent playing is nonsense.

IMO, some kind of ranking based on the rest of the server would make sense. For example, if you're in top 5% by off, def, raids, or prizes, you could be "Scourge of the Seven Seas". And yes, that means your rank could drop.

However, I don't expect Plarium to ever change this. It's just a filler in the Diary window that most people don't even notice anymore.

I like the way you think. Hey, a topic off of the same old, same old I am getting sick of reading. :)

Reminds me of the black knight in Search for the Holy Grail, Scourge of the Seas indeed. lol
Feb 22, 2017, 02:3002/22/17
09/17/16

what is the list or order of the infamy titles?  i cant seem to find it anywhere?   just wanted to know for my own knowledge.

lady diana prince