Bastion confusion

19 Replies
HDB
22 September, 2016, 7:28 PM UTC
Ahm do any dread stationed in a bastion get max bonus from units provided by other members with the same Brotherhood.   
UTC +1:00
HDB
22 September, 2016, 7:30 PM UTC
Or is it each pirate on his own?
UTC +1:00
bernd
22 September, 2016, 7:43 PM UTC
every pirate on his own ... if you have no Supporting cast for the dread unit, the Units of other Players wont Count instead.
UTC +1:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
23 September, 2016, 9:47 AM UTC
bernd said:

every pirate on his own ... if you have no Supporting cast for the dread unit, the Units of other Players wont Count instead.
Exactly!
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Astaroth
25 September, 2016, 3:17 PM UTC

Shouldn't we suggest a change?


This makes no sence...
UTC +2:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
26 September, 2016, 1:26 PM UTC
Astaroth said:

Shouldn't we suggest a change?


This makes no sence...
Why should someone else's Units get benefits from your Dread Units?
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
FaZi
26 September, 2016, 3:56 PM UTC
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Astaroth said:

Shouldn't we suggest a change?


This makes no sence...
Why should someone else's Units get benefits from your Dread Units?
Because we are Brotherhood mates, & we are working toward a mutual goal which is either to defend OUR bastion, Presido or colleague 
Th' rougher th' seven seas, th' smoother we sail. Ahoy! ahead ye coward
UTC +3:00
Astaroth
26 September, 2016, 4:07 PM UTC

FaZi said:


Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Astaroth said:


Shouldn't we suggest a change?


This makes no sence...
Why should someone else's Units get benefits from your Dread Units?
Because we are Brotherhood mates, & we are working toward a mutual goal which is either to defend OUR bastion, Presido or colleague 

This is the exact reason.


Besides, just imagine situation. You send a few elephants, they arive to your bastion but they will just stand there being "empty". There would be thousends of Cuirassiers around but no, Elephant must stay unmanned because those Cuirassiers comes from other Haven. That doesn't make sence, does it?

UTC +2:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
27 September, 2016, 12:43 PM UTC
Guys, our devs won't let anyone's Units benefit from your Dread Units. It's against our basic game mechanics.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Astaroth
27 September, 2016, 5:30 PM UTC
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Guys, our devs won't let anyone's Units benefit from your Dread Units. It's against our basic game mechanics.
I don't understand, can you explain it a little bit?
UTC +2:00
User Deleted
27 September, 2016, 11:29 PM UTC

Astaroth said:


Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Guys, our devs won't let anyone's Units benefit from your Dread Units. It's against our basic game mechanics.
I don't understand, can you explain it a little bit?
what you dont understand , your dread fleet can suport ONLY your units .....

UTC +1:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
28 September, 2016, 8:33 AM UTC
Astaroth said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Guys, our devs won't let anyone's Units benefit from your Dread Units. It's against our basic game mechanics.
I don't understand, can you explain it a little bit?
Nightwolf is right: Your Dread Units can be supported only by your own Units.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Astaroth
28 September, 2016, 5:57 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Astaroth said:


Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Guys, our devs won't let anyone's Units benefit from your Dread Units. It's against our basic game mechanics.
I don't understand, can you explain it a little bit?
Nightwolf is right: Your Dread Units can be supported only by your own Units.

Um, I understand that my Dreads can be supported by my units only.

What I don't understand is the second part, how is it against your basic game mechanics?


Seems to me, brotherhoods and everything that comes with them, such as bastions, presidios, sharing resources, sketches and knowlegde, supporting each other and so on, is very important, I would even dare to say crucial, part of the game.

Or shortly, HELP.


Now this being said, how come that this kind of help is against your basic game mechanics? Helping is like half of the game. It just makes no sense to me.


UTC +2:00
Icy
Moderator
28 September, 2016, 10:26 PM UTC
I'd have to agree. When we're all defending together our units should be complimenting eachother rather than working separately.  We all benefit from the benefits from a bastion for instance (knowledge) but our units can't help each other?
UTC -4:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
29 September, 2016, 11:25 AM UTC

Astaroth said:


Um, I understand that my Dreads can be supported by my units only.

What I don't understand is the second part, how is it against your basic game mechanics?


Let's take a closer look at it:

Let's say you have 1 Dread Units which can support 50 normal Units. But you have only 40 normal Units of the required type. Let's imagine your Dread Units can support your BH member Units.

So it will support 40 of your Units and 10 of your BH member Units. But should it be 1 Unit for each member? Or 10 for 1 member? Or how will we pick that lucky guy? or lucky guys? This boost also gives better results in PVP - more XP, more Ranking points, etc. 

No matter whom we pick to be supported by your Dread Unit, it will be unfair to all the rest.

To avoid such cases and uncertainty, our game developers have set certain game mechanics which don't allow your Units get benefits from someone else's Units. 

Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Astaroth
29 September, 2016, 12:35 PM UTC

I see. So the whole problem is that the devs don't know what to do with extra points that would be generated by having my Dread units supported by other's units, right?


Those points could go to the owner of the Dread unit. Or they could be ignored. Devs should really think about it.


Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


No matter whom we pick to be supported by your Dread Unit, it will be unfair to all the rest.


No. My Dread units won't support other's normal units, vice versa, other's normal units will support my Dread Units.

Normal units don't get a bonus for supporting, Dread units get bonus while being supported.

Thus it doesn't matter if my Kraken is supported by your, Icy's or Fazi's submarines. The point is they are supported.



This also makes me feel that the special ingame offers aren't that good.

Often there's offer offering (besides rubies, boots, resources and so on) dread + armada units.

Now why would I buy a pack of 5 Krakens and 40 Subs when 3 Krakens are of zero use to me? I'm here for like 2.5 months, I'm level 63 and I'm nowhere near to the Hydrodynamics reasearch.

I though I'll just send them to our bastion but now I see its pointless (I know they have some def on their own but using them w/o support is just waste).

UTC +2:00
User Deleted
30 September, 2016, 1:18 AM UTC

Astaroth said:

No. My Dread units won't support other's normal units, vice versa, other's normal units will support my Dread Units.

Normal units don't get a bonus for supporting, Dread units get bonus while being supported.

Thus it doesn't matter if my Kraken is supported by your, Icy's or Fazi's submarines. The point is they are supported.



This also makes me feel that the special ingame offers aren't that good.

Often there's offer offering (besides rubies, boots, resources and so on) dread + armada units.

Now why would I buy a pack of 5 Krakens and 40 Subs when 3 Krakens are of zero use to me? I'm here for like 2.5 months, I'm level 63 and I'm nowhere near to the Hydrodynamics reasearch.

I though I'll just send them to our bastion but now I see its pointless (I know they have some def on their own but using them w/o support is just waste).

first of all Dread Fleet gives additional bonus to your units , and your units support Dread Fleet

second -why you are in a hurry , if you bought a pack with more Krakes than Subs , you need to find the way to earn more Subs (like prizes) or you can hold your horses for some time until you research Hydrodynamics ( you can always  buy few sketches for rubies to speed up your discoveries )

maybe you just need a better team , who will help you to grow faster , you can find me at  -980; 1391 if you decide to change your hood 


UTC +1:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
30 September, 2016, 11:11 AM UTC
NightWolf said:


maybe you just need a better team , who will help you to grow faster , you can find me at  if you decide to change your hood 


Please be careful. Someone may want to attack you ;)
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Astaroth
30 September, 2016, 1:38 PM UTC

NightWolf said:


Astaroth said:

No. My Dread units won't support other's normal units, vice versa, other's normal units will support my Dread Units.

Normal units don't get a bonus for supporting, Dread units get bonus while being supported.

Thus it doesn't matter if my Kraken is supported by your, Icy's or Fazi's submarines. The point is they are supported.



This also makes me feel that the special ingame offers aren't that good.

Often there's offer offering (besides rubies, boots, resources and so on) dread + armada units.

Now why would I buy a pack of 5 Krakens and 40 Subs when 3 Krakens are of zero use to me? I'm here for like 2.5 months, I'm level 63 and I'm nowhere near to the Hydrodynamics reasearch.

I though I'll just send them to our bastion but now I see its pointless (I know they have some def on their own but using them w/o support is just waste).

first of all Dread Fleet gives additional bonus to your units , and your units support Dread Fleet

second -why you are in a hurry , if you bought a pack with more Krakes than Subs , you need to find the way to earn more Subs (like prizes) or you can hold your horses for some time until you research Hydrodynamics ( you can always  buy few sketches for rubies to speed up your discoveries )

maybe you just need a better team , who will help you to grow faster , you can find me at  -980; 1391 if you decide to change your hood 


Oh, I missed the fact that even normal units get bonus.


Well, the situation is indeed complicated.


I know I can have Krakens just sitting and waiting for months but I'd rather get an offer I can use now.
UTC +2:00
Icy
Moderator
3 October, 2016, 3:37 PM UTC

 I agree as a beginner in the game having armada dreads  is a good thing because of the lighthouse or other methods the game has to give us subs but in the reverse I've been at this game for almost 2 years and I barely keep bonnies around or any defensive pirate and thanks to purchases have more harpooners than I know what to do with.  

  Having been told the same info myself for ages, I was under the assumption at least they'd get supporting troops from my crew who send their units to the bastion or presidio. Guess the next time I que bonnies I'll just send the harpooners to the lighthouse instead.


But I do suggest keeping kraken or hms reliants on hand even if you don't have supporting units. You will have them in the future and when you see deals for those units pick them up they are definitely worth it down the line. This is a strategy game gotta always be planning for the future

UTC -4:00
1725481 users registered; 43171 topic; 271707 posts; our newest member:transd4