All Categories

Upgrading Captains Quarters To Level 21

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Feb 10, 2017, 13:1602/10/17

I have been playing Pirates: Tides Of Fortune since October 2016.

While there have been some minor bugs (that appear to have been resolved with time) the playing experience has been relatively stable and enjoyable until now.

Recently I had reached a stage where I was aiming to upgrade my Captains Quarters to Level 21 and, as a prerequisite, I was working through upgrading other buildings as required.

As I worked through upgrading these buildings to the required level (the highest level of each building before Upgrade Etchings were required to reach the next level) the number of buildings I had to upgrade was gradually falling (ie: 26, 25, 24, 23, etc..).

Last Monday (6 February 2017) I had reduced the number of prerequisite buildings to be upgraded to 20.

You can imagine how disappointed I was when I logged in on Wednesday (8 February 2017) to discover that the number of buildings required to be upgraded (before I can upgrade my Captain's Quarters to level 21) had risen to 21 again.

On closer inspection I discovered that I was now required to upgrade the Lighthouse to Level 22 (requiring the use of Upgrade Etchings).

Previously it had only been required to be upgraded to Level 20 (not requiring Upgrade Etchings).

Please tell me that this is a newly introduced bug.

Surely Plarium would not change the goals of play mid-game?

I look forward to your feedback on this matter.

Captain Ginrummy

Views
Comments
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Feb 10, 2017, 15:5102/10/17
09/17/15
Hi! It's not a bug. As you know, we've added more levels for certain buildings yesterday. Too bad that you have to upgrade one more building now, but it's a new Building balance, not a mistake.
Feb 10, 2017, 21:1502/10/17
Sorry Alyona but that is a very disappointing reply and shows that Plarium have no respect for their playing community.
Feb 12, 2017, 11:4302/12/17
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Hi! It's not a bug. As you know, we've added more levels for certain buildings yesterday. Too bad that you have to upgrade one more building now, but it's a new Building balance, not a mistake.
Alyona please explain to me why, out of all the buildings that a player needs to upgrade before they can upgrade their Captains Quarters to Level 21, the Lighthouse is the only one that is required to be updated with Upgrade Etchings.
CrowbarModerator
Feb 12, 2017, 13:3202/12/17
03/07/16

ken.booth said:

Alyona please explain to me why, out of all the buildings that a player needs to upgrade before they can upgrade their Captains Quarters to Level 21, the Lighthouse is the only one that is required to be updated with Upgrade Etchings.

It is not. A friend from my BH is now upgrading his Captain's Quarters to level 22, and his Lighthouse is still at level 20. He did upgrade some other stuff with etchings, though (don't ask me which; I don't know).

I have no idea what the exact requirements are for Captain's Quarters level 21. Mine says "upgrade 1 more building" (my LH is also level 20 and I also have some buildings upgraded with etchings), but I do know that LH level 21 is not a requirement.

My guess is that you need a certain number of upgrades of any buildings, but I cannot test that at the moment. If you want to, pick the cheapest upgrade (WH or Cellar), click it, and see if it's enough.

Feb 20, 2017, 09:3102/20/17

Crowbar said:

ken.booth said:

It is not. A friend from my BH is now upgrading his Captain's Quarters to level 22, and his Lighthouse is still at level 20. He did upgrade some other stuff with etchings, though (don't ask me which; I don't know).

I have no idea what the exact requirements are for Captain's Quarters level 21. Mine says "upgrade 1 more building" (my LH is also level 20 and I also have some buildings upgraded with etchings), but I do know that LH level 21 is not a requirement.

My guess is that you need a certain number of upgrades of any buildings, but I cannot test that at the moment. If you want to, pick the cheapest upgrade (WH or Cellar), click it, and see if it's enough.

Crowbar I will not insult you or your knowledge of the game, but in my current circumstances preparing to upgrade my Captains Quarters to Level 21 the game IS requiring me to upgrade the Light House to Lvl 22 (it is currently Lvl 20).

Prior to the upgrade (that Alyona referred to in her original reply) I had upgraded the Light House to Lvl 20 and it had disappeared from the list of required upgrades.

I also reiterate that this is the ONLY building that has been required to be upgraded with Upgrade Etches during this process of preparing to upgrade the Captains Quarters to Lvl 21.

I would ask that someone else, other than you or Alyona, please respond to my enquiry.

I would happily provide a screen dump, if someone were to advise me how it can be inserted into a forum message.

Is there anyone who can assist me?

CrowbarModerator
Feb 20, 2017, 20:2502/20/17
03/07/16

CaptChuckles said:

Same here, lighthouse is one of two

http://prnt.sc/eb39sf

Interesting. Where does this list of requirements appear? I don't remember having it on Kabam (which is down now, so I cannot look).

Apologies, ken.booth. It's either Kabam vs. Plarium version difference or, more likely, my friend did his level 21 before this was introduced.

Feb 20, 2017, 22:0402/20/17
Feb 20, 2017, 22:06(edited)
12/13/14

Click the upgrade button in Capt Quarters

I dont see combat exp as such a great necessity to be spending so many etchings.
I dont even see the point of upgrading Lumber and Gold to only get +10 per hour

Feb 20, 2017, 22:3502/20/17
12/13/14

cont ......

I find it VERY interesting that there is no such requirement in Stormfall

(Embassy = Brethren Court, and no need to upgrade the Lighthouse)

Feb 21, 2017, 10:3802/21/17
11/06/14
Not to shut you down but if you look at that screen it shows 11 buildings need to be upgraded before any building can be upgraded past 20. I haven't bothered with upgrades past 20 myself. I rather use rubies on building up my dread fleet or increasing my stockpile of fireships. Anyways all requirements must be met before getting the option of lv 21 on any building. Case in point Embassy is at level 16
Mar 8, 2017, 18:4503/08/17
02/20/17

and of all possible buildings they had to pick the lighthouse that has to be upgraded. that's the most useless thing to upgrade, why do i need to expand my search radius? with a 70 mile radius, i have targets that are 164 miles away and treasure islands that are 198 miles away.

what is that search radius for?
CrowbarModerator
Mar 8, 2017, 22:3703/08/17
03/07/16

@ken.booth: I apologise once again. I have just checked this, and now I have the same requirement, which wasn't there on Kabam.

IMO, don't upgrade Captain's Quarter's. It costs enough on its own. With this extortion along, it's just not worth it, both in price and in principle.

Apr 24, 2019, 03:0004/24/19
Apr 24, 2019, 03:02(edited)
02/20/17

So yeah it would be nice to know exactly what the requirements were beforehand.  It said specifically upgrade 1 more building.  So I picked manufactory.  I upgraded it.

It said nothing about which building and how many times I needed to upgrade it.  Then I try again and get this now that I've completed the initial upgrade at 1k etchings cost.  Even on discount that was a lot of rubies to swallow!

Now I got to take it to level 5 just so I can do my captain's quarters?  How many etchings will I need for that?

It also makes no sense that I should have to upgrade other buildings to get a bonus to reduce the speed of upgrades to those buildings.  imo the cpt's qtrs should be the first thing I'm allowed to max!

I noticed someone else in this thread has to upgrade 2 buildings before he can get into the vip club.  Does this mean I got another unexpected etchings cost coming?   Does it mean I can upgrade either of these two buildings to max and then my captain's quarters?  Will I need to then upgrade further buildings before I can advance from level 21 to level 22?

What is going on with this stuff?  I found another thread buried in the archives where a newbie was asking the community to put together a list of different etchings (and apparently other costs) involved in advanced upgrades.

Can we please get some detailed info on this?  We are after all spending A LOT Of MONEY and TIME on these upgrades.  Two of the most important commodities any of us have.

CrowbarModerator
Apr 24, 2019, 08:1904/24/19
03/07/16

Keel D. Haul said:

So yeah it would be nice to know exactly what the requirements were beforehand. It said specifically upgrade 1 more building. So I picked manufactory. I upgraded it.
It said nothing about which building and how many times I needed to upgrade it. Then I try again and get this now that I've completed the initial upgrade at 1k etchings cost. Even on discount that was a lot of rubies to swallow!

Level 5. The requirements are clearly shown when you click "Upgrade": https://prnt.sc/ng4sx5.

Keel D. Haul said:

Now I got to take it to level 5 just so I can do my captain's quarters? How many etchings will I need for that?

4.5k, not counting the 1k you've already spent to get to level 2.

Keel D. Haul said:

It also makes no sense that I should have to upgrade other buildings to get a bonus to reduce the speed of upgrades to those buildings. imo the cpt's qtrs should be the first thing I'm allowed to max!

I agree and I've asked my contact to pass your feedback to the devs, but I wouldn't have too high hopes that this gets changed.

Keel D. Haul said:

Will I need to then upgrade further buildings before I can advance from level 21 to level 22?

IIRC, there are no further requirements for upgrading from level 21 to 22.