All Categories

Brotherhood Adventure: Train Units, Earn Powerpoints, except... my point count went down.

Brotherhood Adventure: Train Units, Earn Powerpoints, except... my point count went down.

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Jul 31, 2018, 02:3307/31/18
08/20/16

Snidely Whiplash, -85; -1864, Sea Peoples Brotherhood. We started a new brotherhood adventure today, train units. None of my brethren had added any points yet when I started building. I built 10 Luggers and my score went to 90 points. I built 10 Nautilus Submarines and my score increased by 440 points to 530 points total. I then built 10 Gyrodyne Scouts but my Adventure score decreased by 213 points to 317 total.

Do units built with gears subtract from our score?

Views
Comments
Comments
CrowbarModerator
Jul 31, 2018, 06:0707/31/18
03/07/16

swhiplash said:

Snidely Whiplash, -85; -1864, Sea Peoples Brotherhood. We started a new brotherhood adventure today, train units. None of my brethren had added any points yet when I started building. I built 10 Luggers and my score went to 90 points. I built 10 Nautilus Submarines and my score increased by 440 points to 530 points total. I then built 10 Gyrodyne Scouts but my Adventure score decreased by 213 points to 317 total.

Do units built with gears subtract from our score?

Obviously not, since Nautili are also gear units. :-)

You either misread the scores or there was a display error when you looked at it after training Nautili, because your final score is correct:

(10*360 + 10*881.3 + 10*30) / 40 = 317.825.

The Nautili that you clicked should've given you 220 points, not 440.
Aug 2, 2018, 17:3708/02/18
Aug 2, 2018, 17:41(edited)
02/20/17

FYI:

I've found Mauraders and Mitrailleuse to be the most effective points per res spent if going for pure point value during a BH mission.  Defensively it would be the bonnie at 1/2 point.

I could be wrong and hopefully someone will point that out for all of us if so it's been a long time since I looked at the numbers.  :))
CrowbarModerator
Aug 2, 2018, 18:4308/02/18
03/07/16

KDH said:

I've found Mauraders and Mitrailleuse to be the most effective points per res spent if going for pure point value during a BH mission. Defensively it would be the bonnie at 1/2 point.

If resources are an issue, you're doing something wrong (ran out of weak players to bully, maybe?). Mars and Bonnies are the best choice because of their training time, especially if you pearl their training speed and get Magic anvils (although, it's annoying to remove them and put back all the time).

I wouldn't go for Mitrailleuse simply because their training is two-fold: first you have to make gears, then you have to make units.

If one really wants to look at the resources prices, then yes, gear units have a great ration (Duelists, Gunslingers,... not much worse than Mitrailleuse). Or, even better, veterans (but these cost rubies).

KDH said:

I could be wrong and hopefully someone will point that out for all of us if so it's been a long time since I looked at the numbers. :))

Bonnies are a bit below 0.5 points, but not much: 0.475.

The formula is super-simple: basic power points (you see it when you mouse-over power points of a unit in Tavern/Armory/...) divided by 40. No bonuses applied, ever (except exp. bonus in case of exp. events, but that's different). So, a Marauder is 40/40 = 1, a Bonnie is 19/40 = 0.475, etc.

To find out which is the best for the resources or time spent training, one can just divide total res or time with basic power points and aim for the lowest number. If one overflows with rum, then ignore the rum cost of training, since your rum is "free" (you're spilling it anyway). In that case, Chinese drunks can come in play, especially if you can set a trap against someone who always attacks predictably, with the same unit type (in which case, their effective power practically doubles).