Building a steamworks

Building a steamworks

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Jul 17, 2018, 11:4907/17/18
06/17/17

Building a steamworks

Ahoy,

I have discovered steam engine, and I can build gears. However why do I need to discover code of honor to build a steamworks. Some years ago, before the days of code of honor, I could build a steamworks w/o code of honor, why and when has that change. As it is very hard to get idols these days, if you are a more or less pacifist pirate in game. For example you need to get 5000 pvps for 50 gears in the actual quest.

So it is just a bug that we need to have code of honor for steamworks or is a bug, not sure which way you have planed the game.

Thank you

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 17, 2018, 15:2007/17/18
Jul 17, 2018, 15:30(edited)
03/07/16
Sam_1_Hall said:

Ahoy,

I have discovered steam engine, and I can build gears. However why do I need to discover code of honor to build a steamworks. Some years ago, before the days of code of honor, I could build a steamworks w/o code of honor, why and when has that change. As it is very hard to get idols these days, if you are a more or less pacifist pirate in game. For example you need to get 5000 pvps for 50 gears in the actual quest.

So it is just a bug that we need to have code of honor for steamworks or is a bug, not sure which way you have planed the game.

Thank you

I think the chage occurred when they added new upgrade levels for building and discoveries, but I'm not sure and perhaps someone else could clarify this for you. but no it is not a glitch.  I'm also sure this particular topic will be moved as it is not a glitch of the game.
CrowbarModerator
Jul 17, 2018, 19:5407/17/18
03/07/16

Sam_1_Hall, I wouldn't expect an official answer. My guess is: they needed to push players to use idols, because these are obtained via PvPs, which means conflict, which is how these games are financed.

Try to arrange friendly fire with someone: you both reinforce some low level inactives with Bonnies and FS each other's units. Grab enough points for some idols. Rinse and repeat through few tournaments and, voilà: peacefully obtained idols.

Jul 22, 2018, 10:5107/22/18
06/17/17

Crowbar said:

Sam_1_Hall, I wouldn't expect an official answer. My guess is: they needed to push players to use idols, because these are obtained via PvPs, which means conflict, which is how these games are financed.

Try to arrange friendly fire with someone: you both reinforce some low level inactives with Bonnies and FS each other's units. Grab enough points for some idols. Rinse and repeat through few tournaments and, voilà: peacefully obtained idols.

Thank you,

I used this weekend pvp quest and collected some pvp points, hard work, but I will get 50 idols, and hoping for some BH multiplier, such that I might be finally able to build a steamworks after applying the idols for the code of honor

Jul 23, 2018, 15:1907/23/18
03/07/16
Sam_1_Hall said:

Crowbar said:

Thank you,

I used this weekend pvp quest and collected some pvp points, hard work, but I will get 50 idols, and hoping for some BH multiplier, such that I might be finally able to build a steamworks after applying the idols for the code of honor

WTG and good luck