All Categories

News RuAL

News RuAL

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Comments
Jun 1, 2017, 20:5106/01/17
04/06/17

he did ask for this less than 2 months ago....didn't he.....

Jun 1, 2017, 22:2806/01/17
11/06/14
NSF may want to keep mouthy players on a very short leash. 
Jun 6, 2017, 07:0206/06/17

This is a bit of an "un-moderator-ish" comment, I think.
Jun 6, 2017, 17:0806/06/17
07/10/16
Icy said:

Curious as to why this is not in the BH sub Forum?
Jun 6, 2017, 18:3906/06/17
04/06/17

azhaarlaghari said:

Icy said:

why? is it off topic more than your question ? 

Jun 6, 2017, 19:2806/06/17
10/26/15

Icy said:

What do you mean? Could you explain please ?

CrowbarModerator
Jun 6, 2017, 20:1206/06/17
03/07/16

StoneCold said:

Icy said:

This may come as a shock, but mods are players too and they do have the right for a game related opinion. Clearly, Icy was not speaking as a mod here, if for no other reason, then because no mods intervention is needed.

123 said:

Icy said:

What do you mean? Could you explain please ?

Did you see the screenshot in the post before Icy's comment? If I got it right, a NSF player invited attacks on their Presidios that have recently happened (some 2 months after that parrot was sent). Unless I misunderstood this, Icy's comment is spot on.

And that is my personal opinion, in no relation to my mods status. :-)

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 7, 2017, 10:1006/07/17
09/17/15
azhaarlaghari said:

Icy said:

I guess you're right. Time to move this thread ;)
Jun 7, 2017, 14:2506/07/17

Crowbar said:

StoneCold said:

Icy said:

This may come as a shock, but mods are players too and they do have the right for a game related opinion. Clearly, Icy was not speaking as a mod here, if for no other reason, then because no mods intervention is needed. 

I am completely aware that moderators are also players, and that they have a right for game-related opinion. They are also expected to have "the ability to mediate discussions between players, but always able to remain neutral", according to Plarium's description about moderators' responsibilities.  

The above-mentioned comment, I think, is more of a player-related comment and far from being neutral. I might be mistaken, but I don't think I've ever read a negative opinion expressed about the other party even if some of the comments could be considered "mouthy" as well. At least not on this thread anyway. 

CrowbarModerator
Jun 7, 2017, 19:0806/07/17
03/07/16

StoneCold said:

The above-mentioned comment, I think, is more of a player-related comment and far from being neutral. I might be mistaken, but I don't think I've ever read a negative opinion expressed about the other party even if some of the comments could be considered "mouthy" as well. At least not on this thread anyway. 

I have only recently started playing on s1, and only for experimentation purposes, so you can consider me completely neutral (and really not knowledgeable about who's who). So, what do we have above, from the point of a third party observer like myself? A member of some BH saying "Come attack [that BH]'s Presidios" + some insults (making that player objectively "mouthy"), sent some 2 months before that attack actually happened and, by what was written on this topic, was very successful, which makes the suggestion to "keep such players on a leash" quite reasonable.

You don't have to agree with me, but I think you should at least agree that it's a valid opinion that doesn't imply moderator's bias towards or against any of the involved parties.

P.S. The reason I decided to respond is exactly because I can only be an impartial party here.