Treasure Islands - we need your opinion!

24 Replies
Snowgoon
8 September, 2016, 9:52 PM UTC

Raventor said:


Factoring in a system where by you can only go to the treasure at certain levels, a level 5 island cannot be attacked, defended, farmed by any level over 5, would open various different little competitions for that level of island.

The code changes would have a significant time period to implement, I would suggest some sort of grading, say 5 to 10, 10 to 20 20 to 30 etc etc, this way a higher level could not easyerly knock a set of Treasure at level lower than his field of allowance, in layman’s terms the big boys fight the big boys, and the small boys fight the small boys, compare it to say “Boxing”

  

Treasure Islands are created in 5 sizes - higher level players cannot see different sizes, therefore lower level players are already protected

Go to your lighthouse and compare the levels of visible players, you will not see any players outside your own 'tier' - http://prntscr.com/cfsjen


Maybe the best way to collect from Isles is to recall units as soon as possible, before they are wiped out by some neanderthal hunting for pvp points - send units to 3 or 4 Islands, wait 15 minutes then recall. For this you will need best possible Levers an' Axles level to increase loot per hour

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
UTC +0:00
SwagOnEm
8 September, 2016, 11:46 PM UTC

3Snowgoon said:


Raventor said:


Factoring in a system where by you can only go to the treasure at certain levels, a level 5 island cannot be attacked, defended, farmed by any level over 5, would open various different little competitions for that level of island.

The code changes would have a significant time period to implement, I would suggest some sort of grading, say 5 to 10, 10 to 20 20 to 30 etc etc, this way a higher level could not easyerly knock a set of Treasure at level lower than his field of allowance, in layman’s terms the big boys fight the big boys, and the small boys fight the small boys, compare it to say “Boxing”

  

Treasure Islands are created in 5 sizes - higher level players cannot see different sizes, therefore lower level players are already protected

Go to your lighthouse and compare the levels of visible players, you will not see any players outside your own 'tier' - http://prntscr.com/cfsjen


Maybe the best way to collect from Isles is to recall units as soon as possible, before they are wiped out by some neanderthal hunting for pvp points - send units to 3 or 4 Islands, wait 15 minutes then recall. For this you will need best possible Levers an' Axles level to increase loot per hour

For real nigga? all that hustle for 1k/hour recources? and if you get caught whats then? if your freaky enough to not only think that but actually do that, for how long do you think it will last before some punk ass tracking the Islands every 5 min to hunt for PVP will get on your pattern? sure as hell not long enough to make a decent profit out of it.


How about letting ppl know the attack is coming?,the balance of the element will not break, here is why

1. travel time are significantly shorter, so its not like you get an hour advance, range is limited too on top of that, travel times are real fast you need to keep an eye open all day and be obssesed with it, which works really well for Plarium if I read btw their lines well, while making another intense element of the game that hardcore users who stays up alot would be able to use, and those who aren't will get to choose what whether it worth the risk of capturing and logging off, or just mass def it, or just not use it, sure as hell it will get more attention then now.

2. You do not benefit from haven bonuses/haven guard.

3. You do not benefit from reinforcment.


Now you might be concerned about ppl just taking off the isle while an attack is on the way so ppl would not even try? wrong, here's why

1. Defenders want PVP as well, even tho they will not have alot to protect (except the Island itself which will be more contested as a result of that change.) which leads me to point 2

2. More incentive to capture and protect, it will get more popular, hence more desired, hence more activity, hence the will to invest in defending that, you will have a choice to either pu.ssy out and lose your spot or man da fk out. (This point is directed to Both men and women [AND trans]),

3. You might claim the same for your haven, People can ditch the haven to the harbor and spend the exceeding  recources.

The downside might be that even if you are logged in you might be doing other stuff on your pc and only check the game tab once in a while (10m? Plarium help me out with some stats, you data-analyzing-maniacs xD), which wont allow you to catch the attack unless you are staring at the screen or checking in every 3m in avg, both are not really practical, so a tweak to travel times might be needed, maybe like a normal haven? maybe half? idk. It wont lose its uniqueness if travel times were to increase IMO.

Another suggestion in addition to that might be, the dude that HOLDS the Island has a lesser travel times, since he's becoming a sitting dock target without the ability to benefit from haven bonuses nor reinforcments, he needs a lil help to defend himself properly, cutting the travel times into and from TI might do the trick, recalling from other TI's to defend one maybe etc etc. I belive this direction and usage of the TI will see HUGE play if tweaked in balance. 

Another suggestion in addition to the previous - turn it into some kind of personal presidio, meaning you can't hold many without having big personal def army, since no reinforcment is allowed. Right now the gain is obviously lame by every parameter, (except the rubies maybe and got no clue about the gear), a way of changing that would be - increasing the recources haverested per hour, give some specia bonuses for holding the Island for X amount of time (That1 came to me as I'm writing, I think its genius LOL ppl will get baited into fights for defending the Island real bad - mo' action - mo' money $$$ yumyumyum), well for more suggestions than that you need to actually pay me, peace out.


Regards, Avi.


Edited alot of stuff, added downsides and solutions as well. (04:37 GMT +3)

 
SuPQQ
UTC +2:00
Rollo
9 September, 2016, 5:53 AM UTC

I play Treasure Islands in one way : the personnal event "Capture Treasure Islands" -> "Defeat rivals at Treasure Islands".

I play this with one friend whose haven is close to mine on the map. When we are both online, we choose an unclaimed island close to our havens and then :

1 - I send 10 bonnies to capture the island, as soon as my friend see I have captured the island, he attacks with a juggernaut, and he has the reward : 3 frigates and some stuff.

2 - Then my friend sends 10 bonnies to capture the island, and you understand what I do.

So we both lose 10 bonnies and gain 3 frigates and stuff. That's a nice exchange 

It's the only way I use these islands.


My friend plays also this way : when a ruby island is close to his haven, he captures the island with a minimum number of bonnies, and in a few minutes he manages to collect a very little amount of rubies. This way he avoids staying too long on the island.

And he repeats the operation for hours.

This way, he manages to have a fair amount of rubies, (very little amount) x (big number) = fair amount


Most of the time, my other friends use the islands as a kind of PVP event.

UTC +1:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
9 September, 2016, 9:10 AM UTC
didier.grandemange said:


So we both lose 10 bonnies and gain 3 frigates and stuff. That's a nice exchange 


That's tricky :)
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Snowgoon
9 September, 2016, 4:20 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


didier.grandemange said:



So we both lose 10 bonnies and gain 3 frigates and stuff. That's a nice exchange 


That's tricky :)

Add random Treasure Chests to all islands to make it worthwhile sending defense... especially during Treasure Hunt Tournaments

Nobody likes to risk hundreds of bonnies for a fistful of gold - How about digging up Coils, Etchings, Enhancers, Fortifications and Improvements occasionally?

Make it a true Treasure Hunt
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
UTC +0:00
1667841 users registered; 34086 topics; 254058 posts; our newest member:erkotkas