Harbor Question

9 Replies
bearog789
15 August, 2016, 1:51 AM UTC

I'm new to the game and trying to understand what's up with the harbor mechanics.  My harbor currently has a capacity of 8k each (it's level 10), and my warehouses and rum cellars have a capacity of a little over 5k and 6k, respectively.  As I understand it, if someone raids me, 8k of my resources should be safe.  This obviously comes out to 100% of my resources, since my harbor capacity is greater than my storage capacity.


However, a high-level player has been raiding me repeatedly, and makes off with 100-200 of each resource type each time.  Other than for harassment purposes, I'm not sure why they're bothering since they're stealing so little of my resources and the number of raids is limited.  That particular high-level is the reason why I upgraded my harbor so much faster than my storage capacity.  I keep all my forces hidden in the harbor, so they're not getting anything there either.


My question, though, is why they're able to get any resources since I always have fewer than 8k resources right now.  Does the harbor not protect 100% of the 8k capacity, even though that's what's implied in the description?


Thanks!

UTC +7:00
FaZi
15 August, 2016, 5:47 AM UTC
10% of your safe capacity is raided, i don't understand the logic either behind this but that is how it works.
Th' rougher th' seven seas, th' smoother we sail. Ahoy! ahead ye coward
UTC +3:00
bearog789
15 August, 2016, 3:55 PM UTC

FaZi said:


10% of your safe capacity is raided, i don't understand the logic either behind this but that is how it works.

That math doesn't work out either.  On the most recent raid, they got 95 gold and lumber and 110 rum.  My harbor capacity is 8k, so they should have gotten 800 each if it were 10%.  Either there's a bug, or there's a more complex formula going on behind the scenes.  Maybe it also takes into account the current amount of resources you have?  They hit me four or five times a day, so I'll have plenty of data by the end of the day to see if upgrading anything affects how much they make off with.


There's no good reason that I can see for someone 20 levels above me to be wasting raids for those low numbers, so I assume they just enjoy harassing smaller players.  Or me in particular.


Anyway, thanks for clearing up the harbor mechanics and that the description of what they do really has nothing to do with the way they actually work.  Going by the description, it protects 100% of up to 8k resources at my current level, hence my rush to upgrade it when the raiding started.


I've played a number of browser-based games, and I have to say this this one has, by far, the worst descriptions of how things actually work.  The help menu is no good, because it mostly just repeats what the description says but in more detail.  I still haven't figured out how summoning dark corsairs actually works.  It says your friends can summon up to three a day for you, but that doesn't seem to be working.  I even put down a Corsair's Grave, but, in retrospect, I think this just allows you to have 51 instead of 50, not summon an additional one each day.  Again, very poor description of how things work.

UTC +7:00
FaZi
16 August, 2016, 6:25 AM UTC

bearog789 said:


FaZi said:


10% of your safe capacity is raided, i don't understand the logic either behind this but that is how it works.

  Maybe it also takes into account the current amount of resources you have? 


It is understood, isn't it? how can someone raid more than what you have?


Safe capacity is 8K and your resources are also 8K than 800 each can be raided


if you have 8k safe capacity and 1K each, than 100 of each can be raided.

Th' rougher th' seven seas, th' smoother we sail. Ahoy! ahead ye coward
UTC +3:00
bearog789
16 August, 2016, 10:26 PM UTC

I didn't mean that they could raid more than I have, but I had around 4k of each resource at the time, so they would have been easily able to take 800, which was 10% of my harbor capacity.  That's all I meant.  I wasn't implying that they could take 800 if I only had 500.


I just can't fathom what formula they use to figure out how much a raider can take if I have around 4k of a resource, 8k harbor capacity, and they make off with 100 of the resource (all rounded, of course).  I could understand if they got 400, because that would be 10% of my current resources.  I suppose it will remain a mystery.


Anyway, my initial question is answered.  Thank you.

UTC +7:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
17 August, 2016, 8:21 AM UTC
bearog789 said:

I didn't mean that they could raid more than I have, but I had around 4k of each resource at the time, so they would have been easily able to take 800, which was 10% of my harbor capacity.  That's all I meant.  I wasn't implying that they could take 800 if I only had 500.


I just can't fathom what formula they use to figure out how much a raider can take if I have around 4k of a resource, 8k harbor capacity, and they make off with 100 of the resource (all rounded, of course).  I could understand if they got 400, because that would be 10% of my current resources.  I suppose it will remain a mystery.


Anyway, my initial question is answered.  Thank you.

Maybe your enemy didn't have enough Raid Capacity? Or he has reached his limit with you? 
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
johnl1055
17 August, 2016, 2:35 PM UTC

I asked a question about where the resources come from in the Harbor and didn't get a coherent response. My suggestion is to stop upgrading your Harbor (unless you understand the game better than I) and spend your time and resources upgrading your Haven resources. I'm not an expert, so don't take my advice too seriously.


UTC +4:00
bearog789
18 August, 2016, 1:22 AM UTC
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Maybe your enemy didn't have enough Raid Capacity? Or he has reached his limit with you? 
No, this was happening repeatedly with every raid, and they sent plenty of ships.  That's why I assumed it was just someone in the mood to harass a smaller player, since they were getting around 100 of each resource at a time.  Obviously not worth the waste of a raid.
UTC +7:00
bearog789
18 August, 2016, 1:31 AM UTC

johnl1055 said:


I asked a question about where the resources come from in the Harbor and didn't get a coherent response. My suggestion is to stop upgrading your Harbor (unless you understand the game better than I) and spend your time and resources upgrading your Haven resources. I'm not an expert, so don't take my advice too seriously.


I'm not entirely sure I understand your question.  Or maybe you don't understand how resource production and storage works.  You have X number of resources that are produced by your gold mines, lumber mills, and rum distilleries.  That's where the resources come from.  The resources are then stored in your warehouses and rum cellars.  The harbor doesn't have some sort of magic resources that are completely different from what resides in your storage facilities.  Actually, I think it would be more descriptive to say that your harbor doesn't "hold" any resources at all.  It simply protects what your storage facilities are holding up to its capacity.  Not upgrading your harbor but continuing to upgrade your resource production and storage capacity is an absolutely terrible idea unless you can devote enough time to keeping your resources constantly spent.  If you have 10k resources but 2k harbor capacity, that means a raider can run off with that entire 8k in excess resources.


I'm not sure how to explain it any clearer than that.  The harbor doesn't generate resources, nor does it receive them.  It simply protects what you have.

UTC +7:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
18 August, 2016, 11:00 AM UTC
bearog789 said:


No, this was happening repeatedly with every raid, and they sent plenty of ships.  That's why I assumed it was just someone in the mood to harass a smaller player, since they were getting around 100 of each resource at a time.  Obviously not worth the waste of a raid.
That is odd. Please contact our Support Team for the investigation.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
1666362 users registered; 33929 topics; 253622 posts; our newest member:§haman