Bastion and the new money extortion !!

22 Replies
JackTheReaper
11 May, 2016, 11:29 AM UTC

so as everyone have noticed a new feature called bastion has come out...but don't get too excited cuz it's just a new and a completely way of money extortion..


u need stones for upgrade + codexes which u obviously buy with rubies...


my question about this new "robbery"..if u get the bastion to level 5 and it can't be downgraded ..why the hell do we need to put defense there..it's not gona be downgraded since it's reached the first milestone ?

any thoughts here ??


Plarium u



and i m


UTC +1:00
Icy
Moderator
11 May, 2016, 1:10 PM UTC

if you want to reach level 20 then you need defense. 


For the concern over plarium pushing coining on you. Actually, there are other ways to upgrade bastions than just rubies. BH Adventures offer cosex on top of the normal reward packs. Also stones will be available in BH tournaments as an additional reward. So no this is no a scam to force you to spend rubies on the game. If you choose to spend its yours or the members of your BH. 


If you actually read this post all the way through a full explaination on bastions is there as well as where stones and cosex comes from.


http://plarium.com/forum/en/pirates-tides-of-fortune/news-and-announcements/topics/scurvy-new-feature--brotherhood-bastions-/1/#123548/
UTC -4:00
Drake
11 May, 2016, 2:19 PM UTC

Icy said:


if you want to reach level 20 then you need defense. 


For the concern over plarium pushing coining on you. Actually, there are other ways to upgrade bastions than just rubies. BH Adventures offer cosex on top of the normal reward packs. Also stones will be available in BH tournaments as an additional reward. So no this is no a scam to force you to spend rubies on the game. If you choose to spend its yours or the members of your BH. 


If you actually read this post all the way through a full explaination on bastions is there as well as where stones and cosex comes from.


http://plarium.com/forum/en/pirates-tides-of-fortune/news-and-announcements/topics/scurvy-new-feature--brotherhood-bastions-/1/#123548/

Icy are you talking as a player or as a moderator and part of plarium group.

even presidios can be upgraded with rubies but with normal resources too, but this bastion is mainly rubies if you want to get away from the danger of being downgraded.

also even if you can get stones and codexes from Bh challenges..it's not gona be as faster as the usual way..because after level 5 and until you reach level 20 ..you will be a target for other Bh.

Bh with no presidios have advantage here as they have big defense then the rest..


let's not pretend that plarium is not making the game more and more unbalanced by focusing on the rubies.
UTC +2:00
Blasphemy
Moderator
11 May, 2016, 2:27 PM UTC

you get them when you do brotherhood adventures and other quest

as we are new to this and learning too, we still have yet to fully understand

but as off!!! not everything you need rubies, but rubies come to an advantage 

when getting it done "faster" rather than playing the game and waiting it out




I am a daughter of a High King who is not moved by this world for my God is with me and goes before me, I do not fear because im his
UTC +2:00
Frank Connett
11 May, 2016, 3:56 PM UTC

Well Another Money grabber what freakin surprise.


Maybe one of the features you could modify with Presidio's is a "Controlled View".

By this, I mean just as in Pardons, you can turn them off and on.

Controlled View,  would allow the Leader to Turn off and on who can actually view the contents of a Presidio. This would allow them to assign rank, but not necessarily give them access to view the Presidio contents or numbers other than their own.


Again something more to grab money than something that would be a big help to allievate the spying somewhat.


But this will probably go by the wayside or misdone. Just like Global/Regional chat is neither.

UTC +0:00
Icy
Moderator
11 May, 2016, 5:03 PM UTC

I was saying that as a player/BH leader. Lets say for a moment you don't want to spend rubies on upgrading your bastion. Honestly the best way to go about it, knowing there's a cost is to not build it until you have banked enough stones and codexes to be able to do upgrades without the need for rubies. 


Concerning Presidios though you have the ability to control view of units but it is limited to the first 3 ranks - cadet/crew and boatswain mate. After that any rank has the ability to see whats in the bastion/presidio. However for bastions we do have a bit more control. You can disable a crewman's ability to interact with the bastion but then this restricts their ability to send reinforcements as well.
UTC -4:00
StarLight
11 May, 2016, 6:02 PM UTC
That's the Point Icy, you should be able to control just what they can see in a Presidio but control what they can see.They don't need to see what's in a Presidio necessarily, just be able to do the normal interactins with it. If you can do it for Pardons, then it's not that big a programming feat to put another button there just like you have for Pardons.
UTC +0:00
Blasphemy
Moderator
11 May, 2016, 6:32 PM UTC

i agree there, and i believe these suggestions been given to the devs to work with, and they do listen to us, ive seen a few sugestion added to the game already, so in hope soon precids awareness of what can be seen what can be taken out and more control to the bh leader will be added 

I am a daughter of a High King who is not moved by this world for my God is with me and goes before me, I do not fear because im his
UTC +2:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
12 May, 2016, 7:11 AM UTC

StarLight said:


That's the Point Icy, you should be able to control just what they can see in a Presidio but control what they can see.They don't need to see what's in a Presidio necessarily, just be able to do the normal interactins with it. If you can do it for Pardons, then it's not that big a programming feat to put another button there just like you have for Pardons.

We will do the same restrictions for Bastions, don't worry.



Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
12 May, 2016, 7:12 AM UTC
Blasphemy said:

you get them when you do brotherhood adventures and other quest

as we are new to this and learning too, we still have yet to fully understand

but as off!!! not everything you need rubies, but rubies come to an advantage 

when getting it done "faster" rather than playing the game and waiting it out




That's right. Moreover, there will be special Tournaments in which you can earn bigger rewards.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
rbrian
12 May, 2016, 1:23 PM UTC

I have a question on buying stones for the Bastion?

- The "+" sign next to the Stones is not available for all members of the Brotherhood.

Would someone explain what criteria is used to buy stones?


UTC +0:00
Blasphemy
Moderator
12 May, 2016, 2:20 PM UTC

rbrian said:


I have a question on buying stones for the Bastion?

- The "+" sign next to the Stones is not available for all members of the Brotherhood.

Would someone explain what criteria is used to buy stones?


right now i believe you can't buy them, soon they will be added in tournaments and or quest

they didn't add everything at once, guessing they like to keep us on our toes lol 


I am a daughter of a High King who is not moved by this world for my God is with me and goes before me, I do not fear because im his
UTC +2:00
rbrian
12 May, 2016, 2:36 PM UTC

Blasphemy said:


rbrian said:


I have a question on buying stones for the Bastion?

- The "+" sign next to the Stones is not available for all members of the Brotherhood.

Would someone explain what criteria is used to buy stones?


right now i believe you can't buy them, soon they will be added in tournaments and or quest

they didn't add everything at once, guessing they like to keep us on our toes lol 


I was able to purchase a quantity last evening, but not now; hence my question.  I do hope they will be added in tournaments as you have indicated..  I know that the codexes are presently available via daily events for the brotherhood.

Thanks
UTC +0:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
12 May, 2016, 3:28 PM UTC
rbrian said:

I was able to purchase a quantity last evening, but not now; hence my question.  I do hope they will be added in tournaments as you have indicated..  I know that the codexes are presently available via daily events for the brotherhood.

Thanks
Greetings. You can buy Stone Blocks if you have permissions to upgrade Bastion. And yes, they will be added to Tournaments, as well as Codexes. 
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
FaZi
12 May, 2016, 5:34 PM UTC

If the plus button does not work you can simply click upgrade bastion, and pay for it.


I believe purchasing smaller numbers is not possible for stone blocks for the moment.
Th' rougher th' seven seas, th' smoother we sail. Ahoy! ahead ye coward
UTC +3:00
osw7552
13 May, 2016, 4:11 AM UTC

Are you moderators employees of plarium? Or do you just get free rubies and stuff, cause you are not thinking clearly. This is in fact another ruby processor. Why would Plarium do anything that doesn't gain them rubles, or the coin of the realm in Israel? Face it ... it is a ruby sucking construct. For crying out loud Plarium can't even fix the speed and capacity of daggers permanently let alone do this right. And the point of instituting other parts of this fiasco? They haven't fixed all the other problems they are presented yet.



nuff said
UTC +4:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
13 May, 2016, 8:44 AM UTC

osw7552 said:


Are you moderators employees of plarium? Or do you just get free rubies and stuff, cause you are not thinking clearly. This is in fact another ruby processor. Why would Plarium do anything that doesn't gain them rubles, or the coin of the realm in Israel? Face it ... it is a ruby sucking construct. For crying out loud Plarium can't even fix the speed and capacity of daggers permanently let alone do this right. And the point of instituting other parts of this fiasco? They haven't fixed all the other problems they are presented yet.



nuff said

Rubies can only speed up the development of your Bastion. But you can upgrade it without using them. There will be special Tournaments which allow your Brotherhood to get free Resources to upgrade your Bastion. 

Please give this feature a chance, and you'll love it.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Blasphemy
Moderator
13 May, 2016, 2:23 PM UTC

osw7552 said:


Are you moderators employees of plarium? Or do you just get free rubies and stuff, cause you are not thinking clearly. This is in fact another ruby processor. Why would Plarium do anything that doesn't gain them rubles, or the coin of the realm in Israel? Face it ... it is a ruby sucking construct. For crying out loud Plarium can't even fix the speed and capacity of daggers permanently let alone do this right. And the point of instituting other parts of this fiasco? They haven't fixed all the other problems they are presented yet.



nuff said

Everything among plarium games is a choice in using rubies a choice to use them or not.

You can wait it out and wait for the stone blocks in adventures and quest or the faster way

and having you BH help and level it up.......


My being a Moderator has nothing to do with my point of view i just see things in both perspectives 

I understand that these bastions are harder for the none coiner players

but again, time will help out and soon you will get these stones freely

just because something was added to the game that has the option in advancing using rubies does not mean you have to go that method

 
I am a daughter of a High King who is not moved by this world for my God is with me and goes before me, I do not fear because im his
UTC +2:00
Frank Connett
14 May, 2016, 2:10 AM UTC

Well...Well...Well......


Bravo Bravo Bravo PLARIUM.  As I watched the slaughter of newly created Bastions, HOW MUCH LOUDER CAN YOU SHOUT:


"IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY THEN WE DON't WANT YOU TO PLAY."


So all the new small brotherhoods who have built a Bastion have witnessed them slaughtered by the coiners. Like little school boys running around trying to get a badge for their belt. I stopped counting at 30.


And no, MODERATORS, With all the rubies and resources that Plarium is paying you, hard to believe that any of you can be totally honest about anything.
UTC +0:00
BackMan
14 May, 2016, 2:55 AM UTC

Just curious exactly what is considered "Downgrade Protection" for a Bastion that has been ht and downgraded? Seems to me that even with the so called Downgrade protection it can continue to be hit until every last units is gone?


Oh I get it, just protection against being downgraded another level, until tomorrow when it gets hit again but nothing else......


COINERS PARADISE
UTC +0:00
1723143 users registered; 43062 topics; 272536 posts; our newest member:rafanasiev.yota