Double-crossed by Busy Anne O'Malley

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Feb 22, 2016, 11:4802/22/16
11/05/14

Hey everyone!

On the 20th, I had a raid incoming. Sent me offence to the haven, missed a rebuild, and got the following message after the raid:

[10:56] Cpt. Anne O'Malley: Ahoy, Captain!

Ye'll be wanting to take better care of your Offensive Units, if ye ever plan to become the Scourge of the Seven Seas! Ye should be glad ye have me for a friend - I took them to your Haven's Harbor to hide during that awful attack. 

I'll help keep an eye on you for 2 days. But then ye're on yer own, sailor. I have better things to do than to save yer crew all the time!

Cpt. Busy Anne O'Malley

Today on the 22nd, another attack arrived at 10:52, first a tactical unit and then a well-timed follow-up raid with the same timestamp according to the Master At Arms. 

Short review: At the most conservative calculation, 10:52 - 10:56 = -00:04 minutes should have been left on that kitten-auto-haven function. But... as I'm sure you've guessed... it didn't respond this time, not for the tactical (which I might understand) but also not for the following raid. 

I relied on the message, was delighted with it. So I left the screen in good faith, knowing I would likely be attacked after my offence would return from a raid. Now my 150k offence is lost and I am left with 23 experience in return. Not saving from a tactical... I considered that a possibility but unlikely. But not against the follow-up either? Why? 

Explanations I can think of: 

- O'Malley enjoys speaking with a split tounge. There are quite some spots where the game lies to us. Intentionally? Don't believe so. 

- O'Malley figured it wasn't day (remember, she said she'd keep an eye out for 2 days...) but night - though at 9:52 UTC that's hard to argue.

- O'Malley never learned how to round her numbers. But then, when she says she will send me a ship for backup, I should really receive two or none, right?

I can take a hit without throwing the towel or resorting to spending angry money on O'Malley's mistake. But as someone in the BH chat wrote, it ruins a game experience through no fault of mine. True words. So I would much prefer some compensation. And I'm not talking about the pvp placement I couldn't up last-minute because my troops were mislead by that minxy pyrate mermaid...

As the old saying goes: A friend can betray you, but an enemy will always stay the same.

Plarium, I would like a short reply. 

Fair winds and following sea, a lvl 47 on day 12... 060

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 24, 2016, 00:5402/24/16
11/06/14
From what I've noticed O'Malley does offer assistance but not every attack on you she helps. The best protection for you would have been the Auto Crew Hider, something to consider in the future
Anne BonnieCharacter
Feb 24, 2016, 12:1002/24/16
01/13/15

Ahoy Captain NIXUDAU060 ! Please don't hold a grudge against me. Matey, have ye ever seen a Pirate wearing a wrist watch? Every Pirate day starts at first light and  ends as the Sun goes down. Pirate do not use timers. 

I have a giant hourglass on my table and that's all I could get from my last sailing. Let me explain what does my message mean: 

I'll help keep an eye on you for 2 days. But then ye're on yer own, sailor. I have better things to do than to save yer crew all the time!

It mean that today and tomorrow (20 and 21 February), I will help ye and save yer Crew from certain death. On the third day ye stay alone with ye Units and ye arrr the one who takes care of them. Matey, always hide ye Units to the Harbor or  use the Auto Crew Hider like Capt. Icy recommended. 

Piratically yers,

Anne Bonnie 

Feb 25, 2016, 02:3702/25/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:45(edited)
11/05/14

Have thanks for yerr replies, ye scurvy dogs!

Now, ordering me crew to their bunks is nerry a problem, mate Icy, once I know Anne's off the deck - it's what I've been a-doing 10 days long afore I ever got that misleadin' message.

As far as yerr explanation goes Bonnie Anne, sun's well up at 9 am by my reckoning and clocks arrr sorely required in navigatin' -- so even shallow water pyrate ought've heard of the concept.

I rrrecommend with the highest rrrespects - that ye change the wording to mean what ye think. Make it clear as rum weather it be one/two more days -- which be at least twenty-fourr hours according to the scolars, thou I hear sum Frenchmen will preferr decimal time -- or the end of the day after -- which be the beginnin' of the wee hours to all reckonin'.

That bein' said, if ye heed by yer own timin', why promise any assistance at all? It's merry and fine with me just to say ye'll stop watching eventually - if yer still around when we don't think ye arr, why would we take that against ye, lass...

If ye want me not to begrudge ye, send me back me ship's crew from where they lie at the bottom of the seas as I asked of ye! Tis not their fault the concept of the 24-hourrr day differs twixt us. With the past three days in Davy Jones' locker, they already be looking mightily bruised about now...

Fair winds fellow pyrates, 060

Feb 25, 2016, 04:0502/25/16
03/27/14
i thought u was given a clock the bottom of your game, when the clock goes poof then you're on your own......
Feb 25, 2016, 08:4902/25/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:45(edited)
11/05/14

Ahoy Blasph, me din'na see any such clock so methinks there was none. 

Thank yee for this idea, it would be the most simple solution. 

Feb 25, 2016, 09:3302/25/16
11/06/14
hmm..actually I think there is a clock but if you commit any offensive actions during that time it nullifies your protection. ie..scouts, raids, fireships, and blocks
Feb 25, 2016, 14:5102/25/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:05(edited)
11/05/14
Well that couldn't have been it - I had committed such acts before I got the first message, which actually auto-saved an offensive rebuild. Such acts are also required on behalf of the tutorial, but I didn't do it for that alone. I didn't notice a clock before or after - and me bubble had burst well before the message, since I reached lvl 30 on day 1, if that has anything to do with the mysterious clock. :-)
Feb 25, 2016, 16:0602/25/16
03/27/14

I believe the protection clock stays even then, you are only protected through those you did not hit

those you had raided can retaliate. You lose that protection only to those you had raided 
Feb 28, 2016, 01:0002/28/16
11/06/14

yes blas is right, those under the lv30 below bubble lose protection to those they've taken any hostile action toward, which includes scouting. All other pirates can't attack you. 

An example you and the haven next to you start the game at the same time and argument sake I'm 2 havens away from you. Even though you may have the ability to make the initial hostile action against me I have to wait for you to hit me. However you can take a hostile action against anyone under that lv30 bubble. So in the example. Your neighbor and you are both lv20, even though I may not be able to do anything to either of you due to the lv30> bubble. Either of you can attack the other. But keep in mind though if lets say he reaches level 40 while you still have your bubble and hostile actions were taken by either of you. That protection does not imply to either of you.
Feb 28, 2016, 03:3102/28/16
04/27/15
Just checking in.