All Categories

Brotherhood Challenge and Report Problems

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Jan 6, 2016, 07:2101/06/16
11/05/14

During a brotherhood challenge, the opposing BH launched a large number of raids (estimate at least 120) against all of our members almost immediately after the challenge was initiated.  These raids consisted of 3 to 10 Bonnie Beauties and all failed, usually with 100% casualties.  Despite these losses, the raids continued unabated and with same result that all failed and most had 100% casualties.

Because of the time of day, most of our members were off-line and those of us on-line monitored the raids using sentinels we had placed in member havens.  We made no response but simply noted and discussed the results as the raids landed in rapid succession.

The following morning, the challenge report showed our opponent had gained slightly over 5K defense points and trailed us slightly in total points despite the fact we had made no response and our opponent had not made a single successful raid.  The small raids continued into the next day and the defense points grew to 16K+ and we now trailed in total points.  By that time, several small raids had been made against our opponent but none revealed any defense of any consequence and inflicted no casualties.

So how did our opponent get 5K defense points when we attacked nothing?  Why does the challenge report say defense points are earned for defending a haven, target or presidio when none were attacked yet points were earned?  How could we earn attack points for attacks we did not make?

Obviously, our opponent knows something about the illogical scoring system for challenges that we do not know and could not learn by reason.  Would you please add an explanation of how the scores are computed and correct the misleading information on the report?  Would you also include the formula for calculating the total score since that is not readily apparent from the report?  Thank you.
Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 6, 2016, 07:3201/06/16
09/21/15

Well this is really weird, They should not get points for defense if you have not raided. 

It is possible maybe some of your BH member have attacked them. Just Curious.

Jan 6, 2016, 08:3601/06/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:48(edited)
11/05/14
We checked for that and no one attacked them until 2 hours after the defense points had been recorded.  The attacks we have made after were not large enough to get the result we are seeing.  Something is up because no sane person would send losing raids time after time using BBs with no chance of winning or getting intel.  But a number of them are doing it, even now as I type I have multiple raids incoming.  There must be glitch in the formula they know about but we don't, otherwise they must be crazy.
Anne BonnieCharacter
Jan 6, 2016, 09:0701/06/16
Jan 6, 2016, 09:09(edited)
01/13/15

Ahoy Captain! As Fazi pointed out, if yer opponent gained def points, it means that someone from yer Brotherhood attacked them.  Matey, everything is fine with the scoring system.  Maybe some of yer Captain drunk too much Rum yesterday. Ye can read more about Wars/Challenges here

Jan 6, 2016, 15:1801/06/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:08(edited)
11/05/14
Thank you.  It is possible someone attacked, failed miserably and is concealing that fact from our BH.  I'll accept that the scoring system works.  How the total scored is determined from the components is still unexplained.  They are simply additive.
Jan 6, 2016, 19:2101/06/16
11/06/14
Another place someone maybe concealling is if they're hitting your opponents targets(rum convoy ect..) and failing this would also give def points
Jan 7, 2016, 09:0501/07/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:05(edited)
11/05/14

Icy said:

Another place someone maybe concealling is if they're hitting your opponents targets(rum convoy ect..) and failing this would also give def points

This is also a possibility except for one huge and glaring problem: our opponent continues to send hundreds of raids and easily 98% fail with very high or total losses.  Why are they doing this?  They are losing tens of thousands of troops.  They could create the same camouflage effect or feint using 1 unit but they send from 3 to 25 now.  Are these dead troops banked similar to the way Prizes work?  Our opponent has now pulled 10,000 points ahead with virtually no successful attacks from hundreds of failed raids.

As far as the claim the scoring system is not broken, that depends on your sensibilities.  For a company with a game where losing things, such as dead troops, has potential for making money by selling replacements, giving rewards for losing stuff makes plenty of sense.  When we kill every raider, we get nothing because that is bad for business.  Those who lose things on the other hand, well, that is good for business and they get rewarded.

I think I have solved this problem and just need to adopt a strategy to fix it.

Jan 9, 2016, 04:3701/09/16
11/06/14
Best I can suggest is if they're sending fakes of 1 bonnie then leave enough out to have a successful defeat without loses. Should boost your defense points at least.
Apr 1, 2016, 16:4304/01/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:54(edited)
11/05/14
Almost sounds like that if you attack with defense you get defensive pts for your effort, but when you defend you get no pts for defending but pts for attacking.  There definitely seems to be a problem there.
Apr 2, 2016, 08:4904/02/16
09/21/15

My alliance is currently in a state of challenge and I didn't observe anything weird at all.

If you attack you get attacking points & your opponent get defensive points

if you defend you get defensive points & your opponent gets offensive points