09/17/15
charles vane said:

Blasphemy said:

i like to gamble with prizes, seems i do well 
so do i , i love a little flutter on the prizes
Just be careful and don't send all Units at once
May 27, 2016, 11:5705/27/16
11/06/14

Dunno I did that yesterday and won big on a 99. Thank god we don't lose our troops at negative rum anymore otherwise all that work would of been for nothing. -30k in rum right now.

Scouts are good though to send into the lighthouse as long as its dutchmen the other 2 scouts have no value being gear units. 
Jun 16, 2016, 02:4006/16/16
06/14/16

I read the "banking thing" by LordCorpseKiller, several times, , but don't know enough about the game play to understand it. 

Can some one explain if for a newbie, please? 

Jun 16, 2016, 08:1206/16/16
09/21/15

Please read the whole thread carefull and also see some other similar threads.

& tell us what is that particular point that you do not understand. So we can explain that in detail.

Jun 23, 2016, 19:0406/23/16
06/02/15
I've noticed since this new tournament came out, that the rewards on prizes have been cut drastically. What I was winning for a level 77 prize, now I'm only winning about 1/3 of what it was a week ago. I did several and even the lower payouts for a level 55 is what I was winning on a level 20 months ago. Plarium keeps taking away from the players, no matter how many ruby packages they sell. They have taken and taken, so I'm leaving this game.. I've spent my share of $$ and from what I just saw in rewards from a level 78 prize, it's disgusting. So Keep taking away from the players plarium and you will no longer have a game...
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 24, 2016, 15:2106/24/16
09/17/15

Hi, em75270!

I understand that you may feel confused about this new Update. However, that's what our players have asked for a long time. They've asked us to make Locations pay out each time you hit them.

Now they do. But it doesn't mean that these small payouts are the only payouts you will ever receive. You will still get full payouts as soon as your Bank is filled enough.

So now you have:

1) Mini-payouts to make sure you will always have some Units to throw into the fight.

2) Big payouts which you will receive as usual.

I don't see any negative point here. And you?

Jun 24, 2016, 19:1706/24/16
Jun 24, 2016, 19:20(edited)
04/13/15

After my post last night, our BH decided to do our own research this morning. It seems that it now takes far more to take a prize. Where say it use to only take 5 bonnies to do a level 1 or 2 prize, now takes twice as many. and the further up you go is the exact same thing. So it's taking double the troops to take your prizes. You may win a little, but the large rewards that the moderators spoke about don't happen. It's now designed to lose your fleet/troops. I think plarium is hoping that you'll lose all your fleet, so that you are forced to buy them back. I've seen it first hand. No longer are the days of the huge wins. and as far as those little wins, those go to be applied to the next prize. So actually not are you only losing double troops/fleet on your prizes, then you turn around and throw these little wins you gained also. So there is no wins. 

I've sent out a warning to my members in our BH, explaining this and warning them to be careful or they would end up with nothing after doing prizes. I've already seen quite a few leave the game after this slap in the face. Just when we could had our banking down pat, and being able to receive large prizes you take them away from us. These players that are leaving are long time members. Seems most are just so fed up with all the other things that have been taken away from us. So maybe you'll just have a bunch of smaller members left. But I'm here to tell you that you won't win large prizes anymore. Saw it first hand. Thank you Plarium for totally ruining a great game from a year ago, and to take and take and take until you've pushed players into quitting the game..Way to go....There will be many others, count on it.

And those of us who have been playing this game for years, have not asked for this to be reformed into winning a little each time. I'd much rather have my big rewards as all my upper level members do also. Seems your catering to the lower level members now. That's fine. Enjoy your game now. Since you ruined it.

Jun 24, 2016, 19:3506/24/16
09/21/15

LINDA i would suggest to stick to one thread, do not post same thing over & over again.

Let me tell you one thing. If you send 5 bonnies to a prize it is possible that all will be killed but you don't kill the prize.

If you send 100 it is possible that you lose only 1 and get the prize done.

Greater the power lesser the loss.

as i posted in other thread, i am using one image to determine the value a prize is gonna need to get killed. & it is perfect for me even now.

Additionally ok let say it takes double the troops. You know your bank is there & it is going to pay you than why all this?

Please stop complaining and check this new update, test some strategies that trigger you a new payout.

I don't see any other reason for all this except this that old sports need to do research all over again to get a payout and they don't want to move their arms or legs for that.

players who are playing other games such as nords, stormfall they are gonna dominate this prize thing simply because they know this system for a while and they are good.

Jun 25, 2016, 16:3506/25/16
01/21/16

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Hi, em75270!

I understand that you may feel confused about this new Update. However, that's what our players have asked for a long time. They've asked us to make Locations pay out each time you hit them.

Now they do. But it doesn't mean that these small payouts are the only payouts you will ever receive. You will still get full payouts as soon as your Bank is filled enough.

So now you have:

1) Mini-payouts to make sure you will always have some Units to throw into the fight.

2) Big payouts which you will receive as usual.

I don't see any negative point here. And you?

Problem is that you DON'T have the 2) big payout. I made attempts on 12 offensive targets and lost 40% of the troops

Paying each raid is nonsense and the booty are now just a tip. It's not worth the sweat and the troops ! We are not tramps !

Jun 26, 2016, 19:5206/26/16
06/14/16
FaZi said:

Please read the whole thread carefull and also see some other similar threads.

& tell us what is that particular point that you do not understand. So we can explain that in detail.

Jun 26, 2016, 19:5806/26/16
06/14/16

I got lost at the "Banking".  I understand that it costs resources to create a figure, say a Maurador. 

I understand that one hopes to receive more resources from a raid than they lost.   That is your profit or loss.

I don't understand the "banking".  What is this bank? 

and how does a brotherhood enter into any of this?

Jun 26, 2016, 20:2006/26/16
09/21/15

Banking is not brotherhood based.

It is for players.

Whenever you attack prizes, Your units that were destroyed in the prize their resource value is considered as your investment.

& you will get your that investment back. 

You can send everything to prizes, but i would suggest to not send below mentioned units

Pardoned, Veteran, Brethren (they are counted as 12)

Dark Corsairs & Gear Troops have 0 resource value so they won't be counted towards the bank at all.

You can make one excel file, and keep storing in there what you have invested in the prizes (their resource value) as + and what you get back from the prizes in the form of payout subtract them from initial values.

Through this you would be able to know how much you/prizes have to pay.

Jun 26, 2016, 22:5406/26/16
Jun 26, 2016, 23:24(edited)
06/14/16

I don't know enough about the game play to know what pardoned, bretheren, dark corsairs and gear troops are.

I'm just following the instructions in the tutorial, and sending everything out, the troops take a prize and come back with a minimal payback.  It seems to be the only way to accumulate resources aside from ramping up the factories.  

Here is where it starts getting murky for me, form the first post in this thread:

"This process is called loading, or banking. Once you finally killed off a prize missions, you may or may not get a reward, if not, just kill off another prize mission."

The point of a prize crew is to take prizes, right?  The only way to get a prize is to kill off the enemy crew, right?  And you want to do kill the enemy  with as little loss as possible, right?  So far, so good...

So, this sentence doesn't make sense to me:

"To get the most out of your banking period, you may want to take as many prize missions down to as low as possible without killing them off, it allows you to bank a lot more by delaying your reward."

1.  How would  you do that -  send a prize crew that is just barely insufficient to win the battle?

2.  Why would you do that?  What advantage is there in expending as many resources as possible without taking a prize?  You've lost your resources with nothing to show for it.  And made it more unlikely that you will be able to take a prize in the future.

3.  What is a banking period?

4.  It sounds like a 'bank' is just a sum of resources you have expended.  What is the practical advantage of keeping track of that?  Essentially, your assets are a more effective demonstration of your profit or loss, right?

5.  Your statement puzzles me:   "Whenever you attack prizes, Your units that were destroyed in the prize their resource value is considered as your investment. & you will get your that investment back."   Why, when, and how do you get this loss, or this "investment" back?  From whom?

Jun 26, 2016, 23:2506/26/16
09/21/15

@Jong

Advantage of keeping track of your bank will help you determine how much bank you have and this bank value (it should be bigger) is essential in getting bigger payouts. 

1-- Sentence means if you do not get reward from a prize, do not give up on that but go for other prizes and you will get troops back. & the rest you got it right.

2-- You got 2nd point also right, Let say if a prize take 100 bonnies to clear, send 90 instead. What happens here is prize have only few crew left and can be cleared on lately with sending out only 10 bonnies. & the earlier 90 bonnies that got killed their resource value is added in your bank which means greater bank value which is considered essential for bigger payout as mentioned above.

3-- Banking period is unlimited.

I think this clarifies the questions. If not please let us know and we will try to help again

Regarding unit type

Units with white sails are normal units & counted as 100% in prizes, you train these units using only & only resources and sometimes get them from tournaments & daily crew roster.

Units with black sails are veteran units and counted as 50%, these units are trained using rubies + resources, and they comes around when you finish your research as well.

Units with blue sails are brethren units and counted as 50%, these units come with the purchase of different offers and most of the time from tournaments.

units with red sails are pardoned units and counted as 50%. these units are normal units which were pardoned from the presido of your brother hood.

These units have different disc. as well, all you have to do is hover your mouse over a unit & it will tell you what unit it is.

if words veteran,pardoned,brethren comes before a unit original name, do not send them to the prizes

Additionally Dread fleets which are purchased using rubies are counted as 0 in prizes, do not send them either.

Jun 27, 2016, 01:0606/27/16
06/14/16

Fazi -

Thanks for your patience.

I'm still not understanding the concept of a 'bank'.

your statement:

"& the earlier 90 bonnies that got killed their resource value is added in your bank which means greater bank value which is considered essential for bigger payout as mentioned above."

So, I've got 90 bonnies that got killed.  They are gone. 

I don't understand what you mean when you say "their resource value is added in your bank which means greater bank value which is considered essential for bigger payout as mentioned above."

What is this bank, and what does it do?  How and why does it affect prize values?
Jun 27, 2016, 01:3506/27/16
03/27/14

Blasphemy said:

jongeleur said:

Fazi -

Thanks for your patience.

I'm still not understanding the concept of a 'bank'.

your statement:

"& the earlier 90 bonnies that got killed their resource value is added in your bank which means greater bank value which is considered essential for bigger payout as mentioned above."

So, I've got 90 bonnies that got killed.  They are gone. 

I don't understand what you mean when you say "their resource value is added in your bank which means greater bank value which is considered essential for bigger payout as mentioned above."

What is this bank, and what does it do?  How and why does it affect prize values?

This means you are killing lesser value troops that cost less, to gain better troops possibly ones you can't make yet, that's the fun of banking, 

once you get paid in troops, also it helps making sure your resources are capped ...
Jun 27, 2016, 03:3506/27/16
06/14/16

I'm not understanding. 

What does it mean to "gain better troops that I can't make"?

What does it mean "Once I get paid in troops"?

What does it mean to make "sure my resources are capped"?

What is banking?  What is the bank, and what is stored in it?  How do we review our account?  What is it used for?

Jun 27, 2016, 06:4506/27/16
Jun 27, 2016, 06:55(edited)
09/21/15

Jong i am really sorry that you are having a hard time understanding this.

Please bear with us, let me try one more time.

1-- Bank is a virtual concept in this game and this bank stores resources that were used to train the troops you killed in prizes. It is used to determine if you are expected to receive troops from prizes or either you already received a lot from them and it is time to return them back to prizes.

One bonnie take 120 resources to build, when your 90 bonnies are killed it means you have 90*120=10,800 in the bank. This is like you gave loan to plarium and they need to return it back to you.

Please keep in mind, Calculation of bank value & payout is done in terms of resources while transactions are based most of the time on troops. So you have to store resource value in your excel file.

2-- Prizes are giving better troops such as Armada which you can't build just yet, prizes are giving fleet which i suppose you can't build either.

No matter what you send to prizes, pirates or armada, you will win better units, (atleast that is what we players think but payout can be in units as well but not to worry you can get payout in better units as well) (if you hit high level prize & before clearing that out you had a handsome bank value)

Classification of units is as follows

I-- Armada

II-- Fleet

III-- Mercenaries

IV-- Pirates

where 1 is the best and 4 is low quality

3-- You kill troops in prizes & you get the troops back from prizes.

4-- Capped resources means, Make sure your W/H is full with wood/lumber/rum or atleast 90% filled. Because prizes also give away resources (if you are running short on them) and if you receive resources from prize your chance of getting troops is lower.

But there are some players who like to farm light house (means hunt for resources)

Jun 28, 2016, 04:1206/28/16
JONGELEUR  raises an interesting point.  It would be nice to be able to see exactly what our Prize Bank is it.  Even if it was a one time deal.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.