All Categories

Sketches to upgrade Royal Cannon.

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Jul 16, 2022, 14:3907/16/22
02/20/17

Changes occured and several things in the game got new levels.  Like ( thank goodness) the windmill.  All require copious amounts of sketches and resources to upgrade.  That is just fine.  When you get hit they remain the same, unlke the Royal Cannon which crashes and you have to start upgrading it again.  Imagine my surprize to see these new levels require sketches.  They didn't at first.  This is just flat out wrong.  In the info guide it specifically says  upgrading it requires no rubies or resources. Sketches ARE a resource.  I would be fine with it if that meant my cannon becomes permanent and can't be knocked down ever agan.  But it isn't, and sketches cost real money.  It is horrible that Plarium did this.  As Crowbar suggested maybe make it a one time thing, you pay the sketches once and thereafter you can upgrade it to 9 with no more sketches ever being required again.

Views
Comments
Comments
CrowbarModerator
Jul 17, 2022, 14:1207/17/22
03/07/16

Yes, I agree. Level 7 is something like 250 etchings, which is 2500 rubies (without discounts) and I assume that the higher levels cost even more. Way too much to be just blown away with a Fireship or a raid.

Possible solutions:

1. Make RC indestructible, which will spell bad news for attackers (many rely on RC destruction as a sign of attack's success).

2. Make etchings payment a one-time thing, like with Bastion upgrade requirements.

3. Give etchings back when the RC is destroyed (which makes it a bit pointless to require them in the first place, but it might be easy enough to implement).

It'd be nice to hear more players' voices here. Despite what some people think, Plarium are interested in players' feedback.

Jul 23, 2022, 17:0507/23/22
Jul 23, 2022, 17:50(edited)
05/16/15

it's 250 etchings to level 7 for cannon

350 for to level 8 

500 etchings to level 9

I have wasted etchings several times with reflex click to upgrade cannon, there ( at the very least) should be a 2nd chance to stop: "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO SPEND ETCHINGS UPGRADING YOUR CANNON?" notice

- it took me a year to get used to even seeing the green pop up notice that cannon  can level up more..

now it will take me a year to get used to ignoring it forever.. I don't think I'll stick around that long if this stays as is. 

Was this a good idea? let me put it this way.. we were already tired of upgrading the cannon for free over and over. I have been asked by 20 different people if they can remove cannon altogether.

Make this an Official Request.. Please make all cannon levels free, at the least put a 2nd chance to stop, or  make it so we can remove our cannons. 

as it is.. Plarium said 2 years ago they liked the brawls as they were with prizes being the main scoring tool, we had asked for the PvP to count for more.. now 2 years later you change your minds.. without warning.. you changed, you don't share plans before implementing when it would be most usefull for this feedback. It seems some changes are thought up and made by people who don't really play pirates enough or they would know better.

and finally as for feedback - very few bother to come here anymore because there  is no direct link in game to open the pirate forum window keeping us logged in for quick posting & access, so if your hoping for comprehensive feedback you may be missing that mark, couple times I found my way here from launcher window and started this message, still had to log in again.. I closed the game to focus on writing and it closed this window losing my progress.. this is why I say you got to use a browser and find your own way here... i did this today.. and I'll probably not do it much if at all ever again.. if I leave game before I post again.. Farewell to all, Save Ukraine, May better days find you all.

PS.. i see I have to clear my brawl rewards one at a time if there is more than one brawl reward stacked up or close and reopen account for almost every extra brawl reward saved.. what ever changes you did still has a problem while collecting rewards if you don't clear brawl rewards every week. I used to like to save up a few weeks since I am over 500K negative rum flow.. I thought it would help but after the 1st few hundred thousand negative rum flow.. nothing helps lol,, the windmill upgrade is a few years behind if intent was to make a real difference..

PPS..   hah.. still logged on.. 20 minutes later, I always had this page open before switching to Play app.. 

5 years ago I asked for Liberations to be added to FAME and to have "Liberation" events.. -  I mean that is if, you really want to pump new life even more than added pvp value to brawl scoring. 

New Liberation Fame Category.. imagine the competition to own that fame.. increased PvP 24/7 = it's what plarium  wants to happen.. 

and BTW in case I sent mixed signals, bottom line: I take my hat off to the incredible amount of time and effort it takes to maintain this and so many other games.. 

CrowbarModerator
Jul 23, 2022, 21:2007/23/22
Jul 23, 2022, 21:24(edited)
03/07/16

@Cigneous, thank you for your detailed feedback. I honestly believe that it's useful for Plarium to get this and I'll ping them with the link.

Two personal remarks:

1. Yes! The ability to delete the Royal Cannon is something I also want.

2. "i see I have to clear my brawl rewards one at a time if there is more than one brawl reward stacked up": no, it's an old bug. I've reported it months ago, got them to test it on my acc,... I think that they have some idea what the problem is, but I'm not sure and I have no info on the fix.

P.S. Thank you for the etchings numbers for the Royal Cannon.

Jul 24, 2022, 06:1607/24/22
05/16/15

it only happenned when they changed the original reward layout.  they need to go back to original layout.. I bet they made new layouts for other variations and never quite got it same interaction .. also there is a cross tier compatability issue.. collecting saved rewards for different tiers.. same issue 

The original reward page layout never wierded out when saved, now they dropped original layout altogether and we have non stop issues..

i'd say bring back original reward layout, duplicate it making it "The Template" and then edit in all the desired changes as the fastest way to fix it.. there is probably no easier way to fix that

ciao  

Mar 5, 2023, 13:5203/05/23
02/20/17

Total agreement.  Spending etchings on the cannon is assinine and I feel like it was implemented that way just to take advantage of my instinct to upgrade it after over a  decade of clicking on it.

Please put a verification setting on it or have the little upgrade me symbol disappear after all the free levels have been upgraded.