All Categories

Rum limits

Rum limits

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Apr 10, 2020, 01:1004/10/20
04/28/15

Rum limits

Hey everyone lets all tell plarium we had enough its one thing to have 50 alts its another to buy alts from others with 2 billion point armies as fred sold his alts to tatton in golden coast the way we can change it to make it competitive again is to reset the rum limits so no one can have more than 300million points of armies this gives everyone a better chance of fun instead of one bully in the game running everyone out of the game you would think plarium would see this and fix it but they dont care about your game just their profits so join me in making this happen lets make the game more interesting so players come back to the game and bullying will end what say ye pirates end the bullies in phoenix and there alt bh almighty
Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 10, 2020, 14:5804/10/20
02/20/17
Non sense from people who themselves are bullies and then find out their swinging stick isn't so grand. I'm sorry to crush you with my wallet but lets be real here you cant be upset because people spend more money than you. I will be here spending tens of thousands every year until this game ends. how about you? and your bot programs that cheat the game. If there was a word below coward and crybaby you would below that. Whoever wants to join us message me. You will find these lies from people who themselves play in very dishonorable ways to be nothing but that. liars and cheaters. i hope plarium looks into your IP and follows all of your alts and bands all of your bot accounts because that is what you deserve. At least I spend and play legally, you can be upset all you want for that, be a better player, its not always only units.
Apr 11, 2020, 00:4504/11/20
02/20/17
Pirates had been plagued by one of the most nastiest and egocentric wallet warriors I've ever seen in any game, rum limits is the only way to put an end to this charade, and the last thing players needed are hypocritical, hubris-filled snark talk from the wallet warriors themselves.
Apr 11, 2020, 01:3304/11/20
Apr 11, 2020, 02:24(edited)
02/20/17
i agree to end his wallet egos game rum limits need be reinstated this way the alts shadow bought from fred can no longer be of much use to tatton from phoenix yes thats right tatton bought the alts fred had took over ky cats alts and the alts slyone had and then still plays in phoenix as well as as amighty bh leader  since plarium no longer worries about alts they should worry about losing players to this wallet ego maniac he has no game except to try to out spend everyone this has turned the game not into a pirates game but how much we can make him spendso everyone please feel free to make him spend as that is his whole game  plarium should be concerned of lawsuits for allowing a unstable player like him in the game as first when he quits he can claim game addiction and sue plarium for all his money back and make them pay for his treatment as to the laws of the states second other players could sue if they find out he sues  and get all their money back for letting him abuse the game in such a way thus rum limits could end this and make the game fun again for all as most are getting really tired of seeing how much he is willing to spend their is a law in the states called a gamers law this is mostly for gambling addictions but also applys to games where players over spend like this one he needs to seek mental health help as you can see his wrantings above this is not a stable personality  i am a minister and they train people on how to spot these imbalances and to talk with people on the edge shadow above also known as tatton  in phoenix makes so many claims on others to keep plarium from looking at him but when you put in his mental state he should not be playing the game he is a danger to himself as much as others in the game he once said he would hunt me down in real life this is real psyhcotic to need to hunt down players out side the game he not only needs to bully here in the game but also in real life  as for alts shadow why not talk about your da accounts why do you need to lie with out spend everyone just proves everything i just posted and guess what we never attacked your bastion or ps  why you bring another alt to defend yourself you leave evidence for them to find your alts i have two challenges for you shadow  ready go to a dr and talk with him about your gaming addiction see if i am right second get rid of all your alts for two months can you do one ?? if only one then i would rather you go to a dr and seek help
Apr 11, 2020, 01:4904/11/20
02/20/17
It is funny that only when all your units are destroyed you now want this . You can accept defeat or  be cry babies about it. All I see is jealousy from narcissist who cant accept their loses. You fools went and attacked a stacked presidio and bastion that has never fallen. What did you think was going to happen? This sad attack over the course of many hours like noobs, left you vulnerable. Now that you are very clearly out of units, you want to state opinions of changes like a hypocrite. How about you rebuild and try again, maybe this time not being bullies across the ocean. What goes around comes around.  I especially loved how all of you sent and only your fearless leader kept all of his units. I mean blind sheep following blind shepherds is a vast understatement. Its a game and a business, and if you were going to spend more money you wouldn't be on here talking about rum limits. You forget the days of hyro . if you think its bad now it will be 100X worse when everyone feeds rum to one tank that never runs out of resources. Then the game will be a few destroyers and everyone else flames in a frying pan. But it is like you to think outside the box right? And what do you think the rest of the ocean will do with rum limits and the  hundreds of Armageddon accounts  you will awaken. Your thought process is incredibly flawed. You want the game to end only because your game has ended. No one is going down with your ship cap'n
Apr 11, 2020, 04:3904/11/20
02/20/17

You have got to be kidding me now after almost 4 years without limits you want to reinstate them I have call BS on that. You want to stop alts that is fine with me but to limit me on the amount of troops based on rum consumption is total BS. I do not have one alt and have built my fleet by trading, raiding, blocking, contest, prizes and of course buying packages when they are discounted. By putting limits on everyone the only people you are helping are the ones you seem to be trying to stop as they can purchase their unit right back. Here are couple of suggestions to make the game better:

1. Get rid of limits on attacking force

2. increase the number of players that can be part of a mass attack to 10

3. Let player select the make up of a discounted package

Apr 11, 2020, 10:4604/11/20
02/20/17

A rum limit would make the game fairer, it would level out game play so everyone has a chance. 

However that being said it would be unfair to people who have spent  thousands of pounds building big fleets up, especially on multiple accounts. They would lose their troops and probably (not all) quit as whats the point in investing in something for it to be taken away. 

Like it or not credit card players are the ones that keep the game alive, although i do believe there should be something to level out game play for the newbies and smaller guys, what that is i have no idea.

I'm in two minds personally, 

As for limits on troops numbers on attacks, personally i think they should stay. I find them annoying when doing mass attacks, however it makes it fairer for the defender.

As for the increase on mass attack numbers, 10 is too many, 3 is annoying, make it an even 4 i think :).

But i agree on letting the player select the make up of a discount package, that would be cool.

Apr 11, 2020, 12:3804/11/20
Apr 11, 2020, 12:42(edited)
02/20/17

Having more people with the ability to participate in  a singular massed attack, would allow even smaller players to not feel left out of points. The upgrades can get you very far, but when your fleet  is so large rum consumption is something you just have to deal with. I do not mind losing rum, but to lose units again or have the brotherhood constant send or constantly have to purchase the rum I need will be a tedious boring task. It wont help the smaller players , it will hurt them in growth. Not everyone spends money , if they did we would have new updates all the time. The ones who put money into it keep the game alive.  Now if you are a smaller player I don't think it wise to be engaging in war with people who have more experience and ships than you do. The ones who complain will always be the ones who lack the emotional intelligence to negotiate things on their terms without having to lose a single unit. The mindset of the Art of war. If you are kinder and more respectful in your words to pirates they will see you less as a threat and can lead to negotiations. Some things are beyond that, but there is always talks before battles. Don't throw a rock at a giant and then scream into the camera somebody help me please. Why did you throw it to begin with? In conclusion pick your battles wisely and know your enemy. You can purchase to survive , build an empire through negotiations, or be a farmer. For those so worried about big people then just practice shielding and dont hold presidios or bastion then what can they do but go off onto the next target. It is easy to complain. But numbers are not everything, even a big fleet can be destroyed in the blink of a second. https://prnt.sc/rww4nv    https://prnt.sc/rwtjs9    Fight smarter and dont pick battles with people that are not bothering you. The quite ones are always the most dangerous.

Apr 11, 2020, 13:3104/11/20
Apr 11, 2020, 14:20(edited)
02/20/17

So a bunch of cry baby bullies who bit off a little more than they could chew are now choking and the only thing they can do about it is try and change the game play. If the shoe was other the other foot, no doubt you would be smiling. Thats called being a SORE LOSER. Personally, I think you should crawl back into your hidey hole and lick your wounds in silence instead of embarrassing yourselves further. Don't throw stones and then cry when a rock lands on you and don't point fingers when you have 10 pointing back at you.

Its quite simple really, put on a shield... you can even move to another server. But for goodness sake man, have some pride and stop whining on a gaming forum like a little princess. It called PIRATES, Tides of Fortune not DISNEY, Drowning in Glitter.
CrowbarModerator
Apr 11, 2020, 23:3904/11/20
03/07/16

Without trying to take sides here, I want to point out something that I always thought was obvious, but apparently it isn't to everyone.

Try to buy some rubies. Or just imagine doing so. What you will notice is the amount of units that you get, unless you're throwing money on anything outside of "special deals".

Here is one of that is currently on offer, just for example:

So, if you buy all 3 of this (which is a common scenario) you will have spent only $30 and your rum consumption will go up by

3 * (125 * 2 + 125 * 4 + 4 * 8 + 4 * 8 + 100 * 4 + 4 * 2) = 3666 units of rum per hour.

Of course, a big spender will likely have bonuses to reduce this, so let's say 2000 per hour is more realistic.

Now, buy a 100 times, which is still a few dollars shy of $3000 and you get to 200k/h jump in rum consumption. We are discussing big spenders, so this is a completely realistic scenario. I know that some spend or used to spend far more than that in a month.

Now, imagine your units - for which you're paying cold, hard cash - dying because of the rum limit. You would stop buying, wouldn't you? In other words, Plarium would suddenly start earning far less money.

And THAT, I believe, is why the rum limit was removed and why it will not be reinstated. Plarium would kill its own cash flow and if you think that this game or their interest in it is about anything else, you're - to put it as simply as possible - endlessly naive. This always was, is, and will be a pay-to-win game.

I know that some will claim that I took a side here or whatever. I challenge you to poke a hole in my argument. Ad hominem attacks are useless and they merely prove that I'm right, because - if I wasn't - you would've beaten me with arguments instead.

Apr 12, 2020, 18:1004/12/20
Apr 12, 2020, 18:15(edited)
02/20/17

Crowbar said:

Without trying to take sides here, I want to point out something that I always thought was obvious, but apparently it isn't to everyone.

Try to buy some rubies. Or just imagine doing so. What you will notice is the amount of units that you get, unless you're throwing money on anything outside of "special deals".

So, if you buy all 3 of this (which is a common scenario) you will have spent only $30 and your rum consumption will go up by

3 * (125 * 2 + 125 * 4 + 4 * 8 + 4 * 8 + 100 * 4 + 4 * 2) = 3666 units of rum per hour.

Of course, a big spender will likely have bonuses to reduce this, so let's say 2000 per hour is more realistic.

Now, buy a 100 times, which is still a few dollars shy of $3000 and you get to 200k/h jump in rum consumption. We are discussing big spenders, so this is a completely realistic scenario. I know that some spend or used to spend far more than that in a month.

Now, imagine your units - for which you're paying cold, hard cash - dying because of the rum limit. You would stop buying, wouldn't you? In other words, Plarium would suddenly start earning far less money.

And THAT, I believe, is why the rum limit was removed and why it will not be reinstated. Plarium would kill its own cash flow and if you think that this game or their interest in it is about anything else, you're - to put it as simply as possible - endlessly naive. This always was, is, and will be a pay-to-win game.

I know that some will claim that I took a side here or whatever. I challenge you to poke a hole in my argument. Ad hominem attacks are useless and they merely prove that I'm right, because - if I wasn't - you would've beaten me with arguments instead.

Amen. And to note on the discounts the more you buy in one shot the higher the prices and less bonuses you get. I wish this was changed but I cant complain about something that has always been and if i want to get the best bonuses I need to buy only the lower priced ones or wait and not buy until they reappear. Unfortunately my patience does not always allow that so my offers are nothing like that i am almost halved the bigger i buy. I wish it would be opposite have a choice and if it was a nice big pack like $1000 would be nice to have more bonuses instead of less. 
CrowbarModerator
Apr 12, 2020, 22:0004/12/20
03/07/16

Shadow *DA* said:

And to note on the discounts the more you buy in one shot the higher the prices and less bonuses you get. I wish this was changed but I cant complain about something that has always been and if i want to get the best bonuses I need to buy only the lower priced ones or wait and not buy until they reappear. Unfortunately my patience does not always allow that so my offers are nothing like that i am almost halved the bigger i buy. I wish it would be opposite have a choice and if it was a nice big pack like $1000 would be nice to have more bonuses instead of less. 

Most of the people I know to buy, do so at $10 and wouldn't go beyond no matter how much they needed rubies, and that's what I suggest to all who buy.

One drops to lower priced tiers if they don't buy anything for about a month and a half, so - if you're in a very high tier - it can be a long wait. Not sure if it's 1.5 months for each tier. Maybe you drop faster if you go at it all at once.

It might be a good idea to stock up on rubies, and then wait with buying for as long as you can. In long term, it is definitely worth it. Far more units and rubies per $.

Apr 13, 2020, 08:3904/13/20
09/20/15
once again you crowbar are  the voice of wisdom i agree with all you posted well done
Apr 13, 2020, 13:2304/13/20
02/05/17

Let me add my voice to what will likely be a chorus agreeing with Crowbar.

Apr 13, 2020, 14:4504/13/20
01/01/17
To all those complaining and crying to Plarium about limiting crew and reverting back to how the game originally played regarding negative rum , Please Please  come over to the Pirate Bay Server ! we would certainly give you pilgrims plenty to whine about 
Apr 13, 2020, 21:4504/13/20
02/20/17
Put strategy back into a strategy game by reinstating rum limits, what a novel concept.
Apr 15, 2020, 23:3204/15/20
Apr 16, 2020, 01:05(edited)
02/20/17

I personally am glad I don't lose troops to rum negative productions.  To reinstate the rum limits will only handicap the non alt players.  Alts will have more troops to attack and defend with because they play with multiple havens.  Kind of like the trade limits.  Alt players get the advantage there too as each alt can send the haven in need of res two free ships.  Those who don't alt are stuck with a limited number of trade offers they can accept.  Alts also have a disadvantage.  They can only watch so many havens at once.  Sometimes not even logging in for days.

Now on to the next subject of this thread.

I've been fighting Peonix on and off for years now.  Recently we started fighting allmini too.  Along side 6 other Bh's.  I don't understand what everyone is whining about.  Quit playing soldier and start playing PIRATE!

Confused by that statement?  These groups have LOTS OF BLOCKS!  Feed off the supply line.  QUIT ATTACKING YOUR ENEMY WHERE THEY ARE STRONG!  Play the game of attrition.  Did spartacus dive right into the main mass of troops or did he hit and run?  Harry the flanks don't dive on the pikes!  When I first started fighting Peonix I had 3 million in offense.  I had been a diplomat for years.  Happily working on the lighthouse riddle while chatting with a thriving group of farmers.  When farmville failed and we started having to fight for our existence I found that I grew much faster when raiding millions of res per week from enemy blocks.  Don't forget to leave them unblocked so they can fight someone else who might come along and think it unclaimed terror-tory.

Sure you might lose a fleet here and there on a spiked block.  If you don't load all your eggs in one basket you won't lose them all.  I never understood why people insist on throwing their hard earned troops away on reinforced P's, B's, and built up havens?  Do the math it's not a sustainable strategy.

Take it from someone who have been fighting the "elite" for half a decade.  Poach them eggs and get fat off the protein.  It's been working well for me.

I do spend.  That too makes a difference.  To me it is no different than a cable bill.  It's called an entertainment budget.  I spend hours playing this game.  Why should I not invest in my personal satisfaction?  How big of an investment  is related to my income.  I might work for poverty wages but I quit smoking so that gave me $100 per month right there since I was quite literally burning it up anyway.  Really though I spend about $150 per year on PTOF.  Don't hate the spenders.  Don't hate the players.  Don't even hate the game.  Drop the hate and try laughing.  You just might live longer.  Life is too short as it is.  Try having fun without the compulsive need to "win" or prove yourself "superior" to the other players.  This is a long game.  We all have indestructible bases.  The only time you "lose" is when your will to stand up against the enemy is no more.  Until then it will always be just another battle until the end of the war.  This game rewards you well for fighting.  Ye just got to learn how to hit your enemy without bustin' yer Knuckles!  Unless they are already so Busted ye don't feel the pain.  :)))

I'll give you a hint.  Build up your harbor! (devil grin)

Here be some of what I'm talking about!  (I edited out names and coords per forum rules)

sometimes it's fun to make the stub thier toes (giggle)

Here it was straight from the horses mouth (at least I think it was the right end I edited out the profane fer ye)

So quit letting them goad you into giving them what they want. AKA POINTS.  Play it smart.  Use your enemy to your advantage and quit playing THEIR GAME.  They payed enough to win at that one. I wouldn't mind if you helped me make them EARN IT!  (gap toothed battle grin)

Apr 17, 2020, 03:0104/17/20
Apr 17, 2020, 03:15(edited)
02/20/17
I'm not surprised this thread is going to be swamped by super whales, goes to show how much this rum limits is going to really put them in a bind.
Apr 17, 2020, 05:3704/17/20
11/06/15

Crowbar said:

Only argument I would give is that:  If they are willing to the spend money to get these units, then they would be willing spend the money to purchase the needed rum to keep these units. Another big win for Plarium.

CrowbarModerator
Apr 17, 2020, 11:3104/17/20
03/07/16

awmllr said:

Only argument I would give is that: If they are willing to the spend money to get these units, then they would be willing spend the money to purchase the needed rum to keep these units. Another big win for Plarium.

Fair attempt, but I disagree. There are two reasons:

First, this would be a significant persistent expense, like a subscription that gives you nothing and you cannot really cancel it. Let's check the numbers: 30k is the cheapest pack of rum and it costs 40 rubies. My own negative is over 300k/h and I'm sure that many have a bigger negative. So, 400 rubies per hour, which amounts to almost 10k per day. This is your rubies dying instead of your units. Not really different from having a rum limit, is it?

Second, it would require you to constantly take care of your units. 300k/h amounts to 7.2M/day. The largest cellar is 3x1M, which means you'd need to "feed" your units every 10 hours (so, 3 times a day). Even if we allow more rum in cellars, this is still 7.2M per day. Or more, for those with bigger negative. And then if you lose internet for a day or go for a trip or, much worse, end up in a hospital for a month... bam! your units are dead. It's a very unattractive risk for anyone who piled up a big army.

I'm sure Plarium would love it. I just don't think it would work out for them, and I'm quite certain that they agree (or they would've made it happen already).

Feb 3, 2021, 17:3902/03/21
02/20/17

I agree that Plarium needs to figure out a way to stop cyber bullying by players who are willing to pay Plarium large sums to "play".  These members, like tatton and rich don't mind lining Plarium's pockets with ruby money, but it takes the fun out of playing.  When an entir eBrotherhood gets bullied by these players, members leave the game.  I have a suggestion, but the Suggestion menu option is closed because the game developmers cannot do a good job making the game work since dropping Flash Player.  My sugestion is for limits to be placed on the ratio of attack power compared to the target of the attacker.  That will limit the attackers to a certain level compared to the target size.