All Categories

Unaccessable World Chat Rooms

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Another Gift Code is live! Claim it now!
Nov 4, 2019, 16:0311/04/19
02/20/17

It has been brought to my attention there are multiple world  chat rooms for one server.  I am in archipelago 1.

I've been told on occasion that someone posted something in world chat and I should go look.  All I ever see is the same blank dead room.

Is there multiple chat rooms connected to the golden coast server?  Is there a way to change to one that is occupied by current players?  I gave up trying to recruit from WC as I never really saw any responses.

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 4, 2019, 23:4011/04/19
07/10/16
Keel D. Haul said:

It has been brought to my attention there are multiple world  chat rooms for one server.  I am in archipelago 1.

I've been told on occasion that someone posted something in world chat and I should go look.  All I ever see is the same blank dead room.

Is there multiple chat rooms connected to the golden coast server?  Is there a way to change to one that is occupied by current players?  I gave up trying to recruit from WC as I never really saw any responses.

There is no global, so, what is posted in Main can't be seen in Gold or Siren. Would it be helpful? Perhaps, for a few since server chat is basically dead. 
CrowbarModerator
Nov 5, 2019, 09:2911/05/19
03/07/16

Azhaar said:

There is no global, so, what is posted in Main can't be seen in Gold or Siren. Would it be helpful? Perhaps, for a few since server chat is basically dead. 

No, KDH is asking about archipelagos, not maps. The so called "global" chat is actually showing messages only from the members in the same "archipelago", a term that doesn't exist in the game outside the "global" chat. KDH is in Archipelago 1 (see the top right of his screenshot) and I am in Archipelago 2. If I ever wrote something in the "global" chat of our map, he wouldn't have seen it.

I'm guessing that it's an artificial, load balancing thing, i.e., that archipelagos are really servers with minimal communication. You can raid/reinf/block/... people in other archipelagos, but the chat (which would require constant communication between servers) is not shared. However, it IS just my guess and I'm still waiting for Plarium's response on it.

CrowbarModerator
Nov 5, 2019, 10:1211/05/19
03/07/16

My guess above was confirmed: it's a load balancing thing, the servers do not communicate for the purposes of "global" chat(s) (i.e., you cannot see other archipelagos' "global" chats), and you cannot switch between servers (i.e., you cannot move to another archipelago).

Jul 2, 2021, 23:5307/02/21
05/09/17

What decides which Archipelago you start in?

CrowbarModerator
Jul 3, 2021, 01:2107/03/21
03/07/16
Lizzie

What decides which Archipelago you start in?

It's picked by the game when you start playing on that map.