All Categories

Brawl update again - but no warning this time on the forum ??

Search
How to join our moderation team?
May 5, 2023, 07:0205/05/23
01/11/17

After my initial posting about the lesser rewards in the brawl, last weekend (May 19/21) the rewards for the brawl was returned to the previous rewards as they had been as in the first one with 12 tiers

But what do i see for this weekend?

the brawl rewards for this weekend have been changed again, to the same kind of units (brethren and mech units) as they have been in the brawl of april 21/23 - with only a minor change ...... they added some extra units .

But in the end - when counting either OFF or DEF value - those unts still represent LESS value as the rewards where in the first 12 tier brawls

And this time - perhaps hoping that nobody would notice - there has been no mention neither in game nor on the forum of these changes 

and yes perhaps i'm complaining, and as usual, i expect the following comments

- thank you for bringing this to our attention, or something like .....  Thank you for the feedback! I'm sure you will find the best strategy and approach to the updated tournament's balance, and the reward will be worth the losses

To prove my point

- last weekend BASE OFF power of all rewards was 1.424.900 (Dreads counted for the max power they can have)

- this weekend BASE OFF power of all rewards is 1.165.790 (Same for the dread units as above)

and this is the same for the base def value

and also, as far as i know brethren and mech units are less efficient to fill the bank when prizing, so in fact we are getting an even greater disadvantage

Views
Comments
Comments
OlenkaAdmin
May 5, 2023, 13:0905/05/23
10/31/22

Captain, here is a post published on 04/26 warning the players about the upcoming change in rewards. According to my information, such a balance will remain for some time. If there are any changes again, we will certainly keep you in the loop. 😉

May 5, 2023, 15:0805/05/23
May 5, 2023, 15:44(edited)
01/11/17

@Olenka it was announced for the weekend of april 28/29 - but the current changes are from this week as last weekend we had other rewards than this one

but the real issue here is,  that in 99,9 % of any game, the harder the effort, the higher you score the better the rewards are - in pirates it is just the opposite, the higher the score, the harder the effort to get to max score / rewards, the amount of rewards is lower i.e LESS than it used to be.

CrowbarModerator
May 5, 2023, 15:2505/05/23
03/07/16

@Juul Kabas, I find that confusing as well, but that seems to be the general policy. Just see what you get for your money as you go for more expensive ruby packs.

I do think that it's safe to say that we (including Olena here) will not get an explanation of why, not beyond "we looked at the numbers and adjusted the rewards".

The devs will get your feedback, but that's the most we here can do right now.

May 5, 2023, 15:3305/05/23
May 5, 2023, 15:35(edited)
01/11/17
Crowbar

@Juul Kabas, I find that confusing as well, but that seems to be the general policy. Just see what you get for your money as you go for more expensive ruby packs.

I do think that it's safe to say that we (including Olena here) will not get an explanation of why, not beyond "we looked at the numbers and adjusted the rewards".

The devs will get your feedback, but that's the most we here can do right now.

you hit the spot there - just see what you get for your MONEY - i.e. if you want better / more units, buy rubies and buy units with those, as almost every week several of those already pointed out bot BH's - changing the name of their BH almost on a weekly base - take the spots in the top 10 and make it so more diffcult for others to get in there

scores of 10-11 even 15 M points are becoming a regular issue in the brawls

And i understand that you nor other moderators can do something about it, but someone has to point it out to the rest of the community

CrowbarModerator
May 5, 2023, 18:1005/05/23
03/07/16

That's ok. I like your calm and well argumented approach. It'd be nice to have a wider community of players discussing the game that way. It could make for some good feedback, that would hopefully be heard by the company.

We do try to pass such feedback to the devs, but - even for Olena and me - it's a bit of a black box how the decisions are made from such feedback. If it's any consolation, I do remember some feedback that did get used by the devs, even if it doesn't happen very often.

May 10, 2023, 00:1905/10/23
May 10, 2023, 00:22(edited)
02/20/17

Oh to be the best you must be so much better than the rest.

Poor jest?  No I attest I've spent more money to get less

Now it is all a patience test.  Sit back and unburden chest

Devs do listen it is true.  More often if words you kindly strew.

Avoid the bitter pill review for too often it is cast anew

Rather make your words of an interest veiw.

My Thanks, Adiou

OlenkaAdmin
May 11, 2023, 09:3205/11/23
10/31/22
Keel D. Haul

Oh to be the best you must be so much better than the rest.

Poor jest?  No I attest I've spent more money to get less

Now it is all a patience test.  Sit back and unburden chest

Devs do listen it is true.  More often if words you kindly strew.

Avoid the bitter pill review for too often it is cast anew

Rather make your words of an interest veiw.

My Thanks, Adiou

Fantastic poetry, Captain. I appreciate it a lot! 😉

Passing this on to the team.😎

May 18, 2023, 12:1205/18/23
May 18, 2023, 18:50(edited)
01/11/17

The brawl rewards starts to look like a jojo movement of plarium - last weekend (12/14) we where back to regular units and a more or less decent brawl rewards, this weekend they switched again and we are back on the brethren and mech units and less value.

there has been a very little change in those brethren and mech rewards

at tier 10 - we get 115 Br Juggs in stead of 100
and in tier 12 we get 150 schooner in stead of 125

But still less power than the rewards with the regular units 

Looks like Plarium don't really now what they want and they don't give any explanation neither 

OlenkaAdmin
May 24, 2023, 10:5605/24/23
10/31/22
Juul Kabas

The brawl rewards starts to look like a jojo movement of plarium - last weekend (12/14) we where back to regular units and a more or less decent brawl rewards, this weekend they switched again and we are back on the brethren and mech units and less value.

there has been a very little change in those brethren and mech rewards

at tier 10 - we get 115 Br Juggs in stead of 100
and in tier 12 we get 150 schooner in stead of 125

But still less power than the rewards with the regular units 

Looks like Plarium don't really now what they want and they don't give any explanation neither 

Captain, there are currently two balances of Brawl rewards which alternate each week. If this alternation changes or a new rewards balance is introduced to the Brawl, we will let all players know about it.