All Categories

Flash will die ...will game end or it will continue using alternative source.

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Feb 5, 2019, 20:4602/05/19
02/20/17

1) As mentioned in other threads, Adobe will discontinue support of it’s Flash product at the end of 2019. Many players have asked Plarium if it will continue it’s games using alternative software. No solid confirmation has been provided.

So again, we ask… Will Plarium continue it’s flash based games by alternative means?

2) IF NOT, DO YOU PLAN TO REIMBURSE THE PLAYERS WHO STILL INVEST MONEY IN THE GAME ... THE PLAYERS WHO HAS INVESTED MONEY SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME TO BUILD THEIR HAVEN, TRAIN THEIR TROOPS AND SO ON?

Simple yes or no question. A simple yes or no answer would be appreciated. ...on both 1 and 2.

Thankyou 

hugs and kisses to everyone.

-kaya

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 5, 2019, 22:2902/05/19
02/25/18
I would like to know the answer to this question also.  I am quite hesitant to keep putting money in the game if it isnt going to continue.
Feb 5, 2019, 23:0202/05/19
11/26/16
Yes, I too agree with this and something has to be done. I have put money into this and other plarium games over the many years I've been playing these games with its many fine players from all over the world! It would be a shame if nothing is done to address this issue. We lost enough players once before when Kabam went under and nothing was done to help players and we lost them and all their hard work put into building up here. Plarium please address this soon coming issue so we all can continue playing! Peace SS
Feb 6, 2019, 00:5502/06/19
02/20/17

Does the current Plarium app involve flash?

I'm sure your staff has considered how from a consumer's perspective insecurity in future stability and accessibility might equate to declined investments?

I do agree it would be nice to know in advance if we are making a "limited time" investment.  I do realize any and all investments can become forfeit at any time.  If you know in advance give us the courtesy of sharing that information.  Then at least it isn't a shocker to some folks when you go "Server is going dark in x minus y seconds thanks for the wonderful years. xoxo bonnie the filthy rat!"

Feb 6, 2019, 03:5202/06/19
02/20/17
the saying 'no news is good news' in this case means 'no answer no $$$'  so maybe it s time you come up with a simple answer.Much obliged,yers AK
Feb 6, 2019, 08:5502/06/19
Feb 6, 2019, 08:55(edited)
02/29/16

Hello, Captains!

First of all, Adobe will stop supporting Flash player at the end of 2020, not 2019 https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Secondly, we know about it and devs are working on the solution that will allow playing the game even after Flash player won't be supported.

I understand you all are concerned about this news and the future of the game.

Despite this change, we don't have any plans to close our browser/social games.

CrowbarModerator
Feb 7, 2019, 06:4902/07/19
03/07/16

Keel D. Haul said:

Does the current Plarium app involve flash?

I'm pretty sure that the app is not much more than a wrapper for a browser.

I raised the question of Flash's EOL over a year ago, and I was told that they are working on a solution which is not the app. I am assuming it will be HTML 5, because they said it'll still work for everyone (as a Linux user, I cannot use the app, nor will I ever be... not interested in Wine, VirtualBox, etc... not just to play a game).

I agree with y'all that it'd be nice to have a guarantee on the technology (although, HTML 5 + Typescript is pretty much the only cross-platform thing they can go for here) and a timeline, but we all know Plarium doesn't do that kind of announcements. However, I also think that it's safe to assume that Plarium will (try to) do this one right, as most of their livelihood depends on it.