App on Windows 10 installation failiure

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Mar 17, 2019, 12:2603/17/19
02/21/17

Dear Plarium

I have been using the app on Windows 10 for almost 1 year and I was super happy with it.

in February or January (don't remember the day anymore) I was forced to update the app.

During the updating process, it deleted the old version of the app. 

The new app was afterwards not installed, a failiure message was seen on the screen.

I tried every few days again hoping that you would solve the problem.

Just now I am doing it again and Installation is in Progress.

However, just before the installation is finished, the plarium play setup windows changes to the simple message (Setup Failed).

It would be really nice if you guys could fix this issue. 

Kind regards
Hitschgi

Views
Comments
Comments
CrowbarModerator
Mar 17, 2019, 12:4403/17/19
03/07/16

Thank you for the clear and precise report. 

Sadly, I don't have a solution for you. I only have this what Alina Phoenix said here:

Hello, Captains!
Devs are working on a new version of the application which will contain fixes of the major reported bugs.
It's planned in April for now and will improve the Application performance significantly.

I know that "there'll be a new version in 2 to 6 weeks" is not really encouraging, so I have passed your post on to the Support. If there are any new details, a CM or a mod will let you know here.

Mar 21, 2019, 11:2803/21/19
03/05/19
Th Ka said:

Dear Plarium

I have been using the app on Windows 10 for almost 1 year and I was super happy with it.

in February or January (don't remember the day anymore) I was forced to update the app.

During the updating process, it deleted the old version of the app. 

The new app was afterwards not installed, a failiure message was seen on the screen.

I tried every few days again hoping that you would solve the problem.

Just now I am doing it again and Installation is in Progress.

However, just before the installation is finished, the plarium play setup windows changes to the simple message (Setup Failed).

It would be really nice if you guys could fix this issue. 

Kind regards
Hitschgi

Hello! I've contacted our devs and they informed me that all the app issues should be fixed. Please, try to reinstall the application. This should help. 
Mar 29, 2019, 10:1903/29/19
02/21/17

Hi Boris

Sorry, have not been online for quite a time.

I just downloaded the app again, and installed it, but just as it is finished, I end up at the same screen as before.. (Setup Failed)

No improvement there at the moment.

Many thanks for your help though... 

Kind regards

ThKa
Mar 29, 2019, 15:2503/29/19
Mar 29, 2019, 15:26(edited)
03/05/19

Thank you for getting back to me. I've contacted our devs on this matter and, in order to investigate this issue, we need some additional details. 

1. Please, try to install Parium Play again. 

2. Then open your Event Viewer. Here is an instruction for you >>> 

https://www.wikihow.com/Check-an-IIS-Event-Log-on-Windows

3. Find the information about the fresh events which will be indicated like this >>> https://www.screencast.com/t/1WhfKqwZnKyM
It should be "Warning" on your side. 

4. Make a screenshot of that window and send it with your message to this thread. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.