All Categories

What is the point of having a strong stronghold defense?

Search
Aug 3, 2017, 00:4008/03/17
10/11/15

Lately with so many PVP events I notice that using up so much emeralds building up a stronghold defense is not very effective. I mean my stronghold defense is at its maxed but when players send a massive amount of troops only around 60% get destroyed but 100% of my defensive troops get wiped out and I lost. Should it not be all my defensive troops get wiped, all my hexguards, canons and turrets are destroyed before I am considered lost? I look at my battle report only 60% of my SH defenses got destroyed and 100% of my defense troops got wiped and I am considered lost. :(
Views
Comments
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Aug 3, 2017, 08:2008/03/17
09/17/15
Even if you max your Stronghold Defense, overwhelming Offensive troops will simply wipe you out. You need to make sure that you have enough Units in Defense to counteract your enemy.
Aug 5, 2017, 00:4808/05/17
10/11/15
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Even if you max your Stronghold Defense, overwhelming Offensive troops will simply wipe you out. You need to make sure that you have enough Units in Defense to counteract your enemy.
Yes I agree but should it not be all my Stronghold  def equipment get destroyed before I am considered lost rather than just 60% damaged and the rest still standing and I am considered lost?
Aug 10, 2017, 16:4808/10/17
07/06/15
Adrian said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Yes I agree but should it not be all my Stronghold  def equipment get destroyed before I am considered lost rather than just 60% damaged and the rest still standing and I am considered lost?
think of this as a real life battle.. in real life if they wipe out 60% or your wall defense that means at least 2 sides of your castle are open to invading forces. in real war your enenmy would flood in threw those entrances and wipe out the troops inside. I am not a fan of plariums game systems since they still have yet to fix the defense and offense calucations to include all types of bonuses after a month already.. but in this case its true to life
Aug 12, 2017, 00:2608/12/17
10/11/15
But that was what happened when all my Def was around lvl 3. Everytime someone pays me a visit it was a total wipeout and then I am considered lost but now that I have maxed out my SH def only around 60% is gone and they considered that I have lost. If I know about this rule I would not have upgraded to lvl 6 but instead stayed at lvl 3 or 4 and used my emeralds for other stuff.

think of this as a real life battle.. in real life if they wipe out 60% or your wall defense that means at least 2 sides of your castle are open to invading forces. in real war your enenmy would flood in threw those entrances and wipe out the troops inside. I am not a fan of plariums game systems since they still have yet to fix the defense and offense calucations to include all types of bonuses after a month already.. but in this case its true to life

Aug 15, 2017, 15:5508/15/17
08/07/15

gday ;)

Castle DEF bonus does play a HUGE part but you must have defence troops in the castle to back up those defences. for example:

if you have 2 million DEF in your castle and 10,000 def bonus .. that 2 million will act roughly like 4 million BUT if some super coiner sends 40 million at your walls (it happens more often than you think) you will lose all 2 million (minus a few maidens to tell the story) and the attacker will lose about 4 million.

now try that same scenario with 20 million DEF ... same attacker will likely either JUST squeak past your walls and lose 45-48% or fail and lose 51-53% depending on how the battle plays out.

you as the defender would get the bulk of the pvp points. failed raids give attackers a bit more pvp but those with high castle def bonus always win point wise. trust me , SRS is HUGE on DEF and we have pages of battle reports proving my point.
Aug 18, 2017, 06:0808/18/17
10/11/15
Mattius said:

gday ;)

Castle DEF bonus does play a HUGE part but you must have defence troops in the castle to back up those defences. for example:

if you have 2 million DEF in your castle and 10,000 def bonus .. that 2 million will act roughly like 4 million BUT if some super coiner sends 40 million at your walls (it happens more often than you think) you will lose all 2 million (minus a few maidens to tell the story) and the attacker will lose about 4 million.

now try that same scenario with 20 million DEF ... same attacker will likely either JUST squeak past your walls and lose 45-48% or fail and lose 51-53% depending on how the battle plays out.

you as the defender would get the bulk of the pvp points. failed raids give attackers a bit more pvp but those with high castle def bonus always win point wise. trust me , SRS is HUGE on DEF and we have pages of battle reports proving my point.
So let me see if I got it right even if I lose I still get more PVP points than the attacker if he lost around 50 plus % of his attacking forces?
Aug 29, 2017, 12:1908/29/17
02/29/16
Adrian said:

Mattius said:

gday ;)

So let me see if I got it right even if I lose I still get more PVP points than the attacker if he lost around 50 plus % of his attacking forces?
Hey! Just test this on your own experience