All Categories

We need a PERMA-BOOT button!

Search
Jul 13, 2016, 10:2707/13/16
08/07/15

Hello,

Over the past 5 weeks or so an individual has been going from clan to clan impersonating Chiefs or Advisors trying to get that clan to attack one of our players. This individual has harassed our adviser, posted false allegations in regional chat .. has PMd players in the clan they happen to be in at the time telling them to leave the clan etc. That individual has also PMd members of the clan they just joined, posing as a chief/adviser and asking that player to attack one of our advisers.

These actions have caused huge damage to both clans involved 

Long story short ... we have booted that player at least 5 times... many other clans have also REPEATEDLY booted this same player for the same behaviors as i mentioned above... Ive asked my players to BLOCK that individual, however EVERY week like clockwork they re-join our clan (sometimes with a new location and name).

That player has clearly crossed a line and i view their actions as harassment and in violation of good spirited gaming.

We as Chiefs NEED a perma-boot button or ban button to prevent that player from EVER joining our clan again (unless specifically unbanned/invited by me .. i know this is possible as other games have this perma-ban feature. 

While clan hopping trying to start a war is a valid tactic... it crosses the line when one player is targeted for harassment (from several clans who were fooled by this individual) and that individual has been booted multiple times by the top 10 clans on the server.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 13, 2016, 10:3807/13/16
08/07/15

In addition to my comments above... it would be nice if plarium would PREVENT two players from having the same in game username ...

This alone would make it more difficult to pose as a Chief/Advisor by simply changing their name before joining their target clan.

Remember in clan chat, user nicks don't show level so if someone posing as me, issues a attack order in clan chat, some may be fooled by this and act.

Perhaps putting rank beside names in clan chat might mitigate this entirely -- ie >> Mattius (CHIEF) ... Avidgamer (SWORD) etc ... seeing a trainee rank would be a huge tipoff ..same with PMs .. including clan rank on the top beside their name would prevent these kinds of incidents.
Jul 13, 2016, 11:3407/13/16
09/21/15
Mattius said:

Perhaps putting rank beside names in clan chat might mitigate this entirely -- ie >> Mattius (CHIEF) ... Avidgamer (SWORD) etc ... seeing a trainee rank would be a huge tipoff ..same with PMs .. including clan rank on the top beside their name would prevent these kinds of incidents.

I like this idea, +1
Jul 13, 2016, 11:3607/13/16
09/21/15

Mattius said:

We as Chiefs NEED a perma-boot button or ban button to prevent that player from EVER joining our clan again (unless specifically unbanned/invited by me .. i know this is possible as other games have this perma-ban feature. 

I doubt this one,  I haven't came across this permanent boot button.

Jul 13, 2016, 12:3207/13/16

Mattius said:

Hello,

Over the past 5 weeks or so an individual has been going from clan to clan impersonating Chiefs or Advisors trying to get that clan to attack one of our players. This individual has harassed our adviser, posted false allegations in regional chat .. has PMd players in the clan they happen to be in at the time telling them to leave the clan etc. That individual has also PMd members of the clan they just joined, posing as a chief/adviser and asking that player to attack one of our advisers.

These actions have caused huge damage to both clans involved 

Long story short ... we have booted that player at least 5 times... many other clans have also REPEATEDLY booted this same player for the same behaviors as i mentioned above... Ive asked my players to BLOCK that individual, however EVERY week like clockwork they re-join our clan (sometimes with a new location and name).

That player has clearly crossed a line and i view their actions as harassment and in violation of good spirited gaming.

While clan hopping trying to start a war is a valid tactic... it crosses the line when one player is targeted for harassment (from several clans who were fooled by this individual) and that individual has been booted multiple times by the top 10 clans on the server.

We definitely need something like this....

This guy is becoming a real pain in the arse and doesn't seem to giving up on his impersonating clan leaders to cause problems.
Jul 13, 2016, 13:4007/13/16
09/21/15

As you all are aware, developing a thing or introducing a new feature will take a little time and i also understand you can't deal with this person that long.

I will encourage you to submit a ticket here with valid proof's (they would need lots of them) and they will ban this player, they have got that big RED button.

http://support.plarium.com/ennords/Tickets/Submit/Step1/96

Jul 14, 2016, 07:5207/14/16
10/11/15
Wow! In all my years playing online games this is the 1st time I come across such an Arsole who have so much time and effort to spare to do such stuff :O