All Categories

Statistics Defense pane doesn't match actual unit Defense at obelisk?

Statistics Defense pane doesn't match actual unit Defense at obelisk?

Search
Comments
Feb 22, 2016, 20:4102/22/16
12/07/15

Ok....

Not sure what that had to do with my dilemma, however I understand all of that.

Thanks?

Mar 1, 2016, 18:3503/01/16

In summary.  Sammy Cable Guy is stating that the statistics tab is worthless for understanding precisely where you stand defensively and who is doing their part.  Or how really well defended your OB is.  

All of the moderators are explaining the way the tool that is there is doing the math.  Thank you for that academic exercise but Sammy's point remains.

The tool..as it works right now...is basically....worthless. 

Here's a thought.  Since the math and calculation is simple for the game...FIX IT.

Mar 1, 2016, 20:4603/01/16
Mar 1, 2016, 20:47(edited)
07/09/15

Is this a repeat post.  I thought we covered this before.  Click Obelisk/Garrison tab.  The actual, accurate value is under the troops view.  So, scroll past the troops and look at the number below them.  Then add plus 5 percent to that number per value of your obelisk.

http://storage8.static.itmages.com/i/16/0301/h_1456865279_8900440_994091c415.png

Pull up the link.  green number is 29.6 mil.  add 25 percent due to being level 5 obelisk.  So actual value is 32 million.  

Mar 1, 2016, 21:1303/01/16
12/07/15

So without getting my calculator out, I don't have an accurate number. The statistics should reflect the def plus the 25%. 

Thats the point!

Mar 14, 2016, 06:2703/14/16
Apr 25, 2020, 12:07(edited)

sammycableguy2003 said:

So without getting my calculator out, I don't have an accurate number. The statistics should reflect the def plus the 25%. 

Thats the point!

For some reason Sammy, people think that by telling you HOW to calculate the REAL total it's somehow an adequate answer. Anyone that has managed clan members should realize the importance of getting accurate numbers so you can manage properly. Because of this design flaw, it fosters distrust between clan managers and their members because members are ALWAYS calling into question their obelisk requirement minimums.

This can be easily fixed by adding the code to calculate the true numbers (with ALL bonuses) contributed by each member and placing it in the statistics tab.

Secondly, turbomaster above and everywhere else says the number in the "Reinforcing Army" section of each obe garrison screen is the TRUE number plus the obe level bonus (25% for lvl 5). This is demonstrably false and here's why... that number EXACTLY matches the total of the member Obelisk defense in the statistics tab. I total those numbers for my clan and know this to be true. We already know those Obe defense stat numbers vary from person to person and probaby has to do with legendary bonuses but one thing we DO know is that it's NOT matching the calc that turbo suggests (adding 25% for a lvl 5).

I hear you loud and clear and I wish someone would give a hoot about game design around here. 

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Mar 14, 2016, 09:5103/14/16
09/17/15

THS RavFour said:

For some reason Sammy, people think that by telling you HOW to calculate the REAL total it's somehow an adequate answer. Anyone that has managed clan members should realize the importance of getting accurate numbers so you can manage properly. Because of this design flaw, it fosters distrust between clan managers and their members because members are ALWAYS calling into question their obelisk requirement minimums.

This can be easily fixed by adding the code to calculate the true numbers (with ALL bonuses) contributed by each member and placing it in the statistics tab.

Secondly, turbomaster above and everywhere else says the number in the "Reinforcing Army" section of each obe garrison screen is the TRUE number plus the obe level bonus (25% for lvl 5). This is demonstrably false and here's why... that number EXACTLY matches the total of the member Obelisk defense in the statistics tab. I total those numbers for my clan and know this to be true. We already know those Obe defense stat numbers vary from person to person and probaby has to do with legendary bonuses but one thing we DO know is that it's NOT matching the calc that turbo suggests (adding 25% for a lvl 5).

I hear you loud and clear and I wish someone would give a hoot about game design around here. 

Could you please show me some screenshots? I would appreciate it.

Also, if you suspect a bug, you can report it to our Support Team. This will make the investigation process faster.

As for the bonuses, they cannot be counted each moment for all of your Clan members in real time. By the way, this game is based on calculations. This is a strategy game, so some things must always be kept in mind while you are playing. Like bonuses, for example. 

You can see the basic values, constant ones. The same is with your strength in the statistic tab. You can't see the actual number unless you choose all Units and see all the values with bonuses.

This may be challenging, but everything is possible for the real player.

As for the Obelisk Defense requirements, I understand the misunderstanding that may occur. But you can set the basic values as a requirement. It would be more profitable for your Clan.
Mar 14, 2016, 18:5603/14/16
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

As for the bonuses, they cannot be counted each moment for all of your Clan members in real time.
Nobody is requesting realtime numbers, the statistics tab is not real time and that's where the correct numbers should be.
Mar 14, 2016, 19:0103/14/16

You can see the basic values, constant ones. The same is with your strength in the statistic tab. You can't see the actual number unless you choose all Units and see all the values with bonuses.

You can't see legendary bonuses of other people, only yourself, and the stats page is NOT real time (constant as you put it). Please spend some time learning about the game mechanics before you spread misinformation.
Mar 15, 2016, 00:5903/15/16

Turbo and CM, here is confirmation that there is no "true" obe number in the game that reflects legendary bonuses, and it also does not reflect the obe lvl bonus. As Sammy and I have outlined, it makes clan management a real problem that should be fixed. Simply add the true calculation to the game!, it gets no simpler.

Anyone can do this test... immediately after daily reset total up all the member values in the "Obe Defense" column in the stats page and compare that with the number that Turbo talks about... the "Reinforcing Armies" number. They are EQUAL.  The 'reinforcing armies" number is updated much more often than the stats numbers. Stats are updated 1 - 3 times a day and the "Reinforcing Armies" number is updated every 7 minutes or so. Today I compiled the totals about 90 minutes after daily reset and they were 1% different, due to troop movements of course.

Ok, so they're equal, what can we say about those two numbers now that we know they are equal? We can say that the stats number of each individual member's obe defense does NOT include legendary bonuses. To prove it just pick multiple members and have them tell you what THEY see when they recall their troops. Do this with multiple members and you'll see that for some members the numbers are pretty close and some members they are very different.

This proves there is no number in the game that reports all troop bonuses, which makes it near impossible to manage individual member clan obelisk requirements effectively.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Mar 15, 2016, 09:3703/15/16
09/17/15

You are right. Bonuses are not shown until you choose the Units. But I don't see any difficulties in managing the basic Defense power. The bonuses are added, not taken away. 

Mar 15, 2016, 16:5703/15/16

But I don't see any difficulties in managing the basic Defense power. The bonuses are added, not taken away. 

OK let's try one more time. When a clan sets a minimum defense value for their members, one role of leadership is to periodically check to see if their members are contributing their fair share and many base their ranks on it. For this example let's say the number is 500k to get Worm rank... members start messaging leadership and are upset because their numbers show 500k but because the bonuses can't be seen by leadership the leaders only show 400k and not yet eligible ro Worm rank. 

That initial misunderstanding leads to many more messages trying to explain to the members that leaders don't see the correct values in the stats page, and this is repeated ALL the time.

Now do you see the "DIFFICULTY" that we've been trying to explain since the original post?
Mar 16, 2016, 06:3003/16/16
09/21/15

RAV, you can tell your members that bonuses are not included and they can do a little subtraction to find original value.

Additionally i think Plarium dev team can divide the total defense/offense value in two portions.

One is basic & other one is bonus. Total will be collective seen by players & basic will be used by leadership. Hope it will solve the issue to some extent.