All Categories

Really slow

Really slow

Search
Nov 14, 2015, 22:3411/14/15
11/05/14

Really slow

Hello ! 

I have a problem. At the beginning, everything was nice, it was fun. But while i was playing, the game started to became slower. It's not lags, the game have between 3 and 15 FPS (depend of what i'm doing). It's really annoying. 

Someone got an idea ?

I have a good enouth connection and a PC gamer. It shouln't be slow like that.

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 15, 2015, 20:4311/15/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:50(edited)
11/05/14
refreshing the page seems to help for a while
DeletedCharacter
Nov 17, 2015, 11:2411/17/15

Greetings, Lord Marshal!

I will suggest you to clear your browser's cache or try using different web browser.

Let me know of the result please.

Nov 19, 2015, 19:3811/19/15
08/15/15

Clear your browsers cache, thats all you can answer for all problems with this game and every bug and there are manys. If you begin play the game it runs fast, but as long as you play it become a little slower and if you open other windows or games it lags. Only with Internet-explorer 9.0 i didnt have so much problems like now. but since you mainpage update all the people cant log in with it.

The longer you play the game the memory is getting more full and there will be massive display errors and bugs only fixed through a reboot. AND THATS A FACT !

After Internet Explorer 9.0 doesnt run anymore, thanks plarium, google chrome is the best choice for me after testing some with less performance problems.

Nov 20, 2015, 16:5311/20/15
03/27/14
Noticed my game is laggish too, but really don't think it's plariums side as much as i believe it's the flash program doing it, 
Dec 1, 2015, 23:1612/01/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:04(edited)
11/05/14

same here!

the game begins after about 10 minutes to slow down

so i must refresh lately all 10 minutes and that sucks

i think it´s a fault in the programming but who knows...

Dec 8, 2015, 14:3312/08/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:04(edited)
11/05/14

Time for server upgrades Plarium :)  The lag is making the game unenjoyable!!!!!!!!!! There is a lot of people paying good money to play your games and these lag issues should not be happening at all.  In order to keep your current clients and get new ones, hardware and software upgrades are a must.  Time to give the old servers the boot out the door and bring in the heavy hitter servers :) 

PLEASE do not tell me to clear my cache or try a new browser because that is all I do on a hourly basis just to make the game playable and I've tried the top 4 browsers out there "Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer and the newest Microsoft Edge.  It's time for Plarium to start getting your Tech department on this rather than sending out messages of "clear your cache or try a different browser"  I have a custom built gaming computer so it's definitely not on my end.

The End and have a great day :)
Dec 11, 2015, 00:1412/11/15
08/07/15

I too have found the game unbearably slow... especially the past few days. Ive tried all of the major browsers, and found for a while that IE (now called Edge) worked the best until a few days ago.. now they are all equally slow. The graphics fail to load sometimes when looking at the skill tree or blood pacts.. I have to refresh every 10 minutes just to make the game somewhat tolerable.

Ive been a long time player of Nords and this has been an ongoing issue... there are periods of time when the game plays reasonably well and others were even scrolling down the catacombs list takes 5 seconds... and choosing units takes longer. Ive personally lost troops due the extreme lag when trying to send them to the catacombs (thankfully it was only scouts).

Ive done a FRESH install of windows, I have no other major programs running in the background.. only essential items.. re-installed flash, tried different browsers and its STILL SLOW !! This game is over-working my computer and its running hot..

Also typing PMs in the game is like.. type out a whole sentence and wait 5-7 seconds for it to appear on my screen, the correct errors, then wait.. very ANNOYING!

Too many ppl complaining about lag and loading issues to be just me or my computer.. im a tech savvy person and i know its not on my end. Upgrade your server capacity with all that money you guys are raking in from emeralds purchases!! Fine tune your code. And most importantly... ensure your servers are scalable to meet growing demand. I personally will not spend another cent until the game plays as intended with minimal lag or glitches.

Mattius

Storm Riders (SRS)
Dec 18, 2015, 04:3012/18/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:50(edited)
11/05/14
*Bump this Thread*  in the hopes that the "Nords" Servers/hardware/software gets fixed and we have no lag :)
Jan 5, 2016, 20:4501/05/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:01(edited)
11/05/14
I'm pretty sure it's the flash, so it could be something wrong with their coding.  Like if they are adding new code rather than fixing old ones when making updates, so now it's just completely loaded with junk.  A few months ago, it ran fine.  Now, you click to drag the screen, and 5 seconds later it starts moving.  You click on the BG menu, and it doesn't pop up for 10 seconds.  And that is right after logging in.  I've even tried changing my browser and flash priorities to above normal/high which makes a little difference, but still nearly unplayable.  Just tried switching from Chrome to Firefox which i hardly ever use-so no cache problems there, and it is still unbearable.  At this rate, they might as well just take the game down for a few days and completely redo the coding so that it doesn't get bogged down in the flash player
Jan 6, 2016, 04:2701/06/16
Apr 25, 2020, 12:07(edited)

Yeah I'm playing a lot less now because of how slow the game is. Changing browsers for some people helps but nowhere near solves the problem. For Admins and Mods to respond with the typical canned responses... "clear your browse", or "submit a trouble ticket" is an insult. Plarium will never see another dime from me and I can only imagine how disgusted the real money players are because of this problem!

Jan 6, 2016, 07:3401/06/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:43(edited)
11/05/14

yeap, experiencing the same problems. the game is hardly playable for more than a few minutes in a row, even after disabling all the animations. a few pointers:

- after the animation from "a gift from bjorn" starts, time to get the gift... and reload the webpage

- after viewing any list (like members of some clan, contacts, scrolling through emails a few times) flash eats 100% processor and stays there

- scrolling the map into any direction for a few times in a row, there you go again, processor at 100% indefinitely

pretty sure it's not my computer or internet connection  (can play demanding real-time games online at decent graphics settings easily). chrome or safari, take your pick - all the same.

Jan 6, 2016, 07:4201/06/16
09/21/15

Please send one support ticket here

Select Login issues & than Game is lagging from other option, Submit the ticket please. Wait for there reply i am sure they can help you
Jan 14, 2016, 16:5601/14/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:09(edited)
11/05/14

You will never gona fix that, true?

Unplayable game ... 

DeletedCharacter
Jan 18, 2016, 15:1101/18/16

janter said:

You will never gona fix that, true?

Unplayable game ... 

Lord Marshal, to fix something we need the additional information, this is why we are asking you to contact our Support Center. 

If the common trouble shooting (clearing cache, trying different web browser) doesn't help, please contact our Support Center

Jan 20, 2016, 17:5701/20/16
People are not spending money now, or leaving the game in disgust because of LAG... it's a shame, the game is dying and all we get is "clear your cache, change browsers, file support ticket".
Jan 20, 2016, 19:4601/20/16
07/09/15
Here is the deal.  Flash player has a limited amount of memory.  When its used up by Graphics, animations, that's it, it slows down.  a Refresh clears the memory being used and allows the program to run smoothly until that memory is used up again,  Honestly, the only way to fix Flash game issues is either to go very minimalistic or use a different type of client. You have to choose your poison.  They could probaly remove some of the graphics and functionality for performance improvements but would people be happy with that.  Flash is all Client side.  So it would take a whole rewrite of the code to make it more efficient and it really can only be troubleshot locally.
Jan 22, 2016, 05:4801/22/16

turbomaster74 said:

Here is the deal.  Flash player has a limited amount of memory.  When its used up by Graphics, animations, that's it, it slows down.  a Refresh clears the memory being used and allows the program to run smoothly until that memory is used up again,  Honestly, the only way to fix Flash game issues is either to go very minimalistic or use a different type of client. You have to choose your poison.  They could probaly remove some of the graphics and functionality for performance improvements but would people be happy with that.  Flash is all Client side.  So it would take a whole rewrite of the code to make it more efficient and it really can only be troubleshot locally.

This is quite stunning coming from a MOD... it just shows you have no idea what's going on within the dev team. You can't be more wrong to say it's a local problem. Putting aside all the technical reasons why I know and why the Plarium dev team knows it's not a local issue, and putting aside the communication I've had with support proving they KNOW it's not a local issue, one simple and overriding fact is that ALL other Plarium Flash games have NO LAG. You can't logically hold your stance. 

The dev team is STUMPED and in a serious SCRAMBLE and asking users to help them troubleshoot the problem. 

As a mod you shouldn't spread misinformation, trying to squash a serious bug that is having such a profound and negative impact.

Jan 23, 2016, 01:3501/23/16

Actually the responses from the two mods, scald and turbo are quite telling. Of course they've been told officially how to deal with lag complaints, and scald the admin stuck to the script and said...

"If the common trouble shooting (clearing cache, trying different web browser) doesn't help, please contact our Support Center."

If Plarium knew a possible solution to the lag they would tell the mods to respond something like this...

"Plarium is aware of the problem and is working hard on a fix".

Turbo the mod is probably closer to dev's REAL stance,  "We don't know how to fix lag within the current code base. All we can do is help players manage possible  local issues, and in the meantime send them to support and we'll keep gathering info and HOPE for a breakthrough."

I'm sure now that Plarium is stumped and we should NOT expect improvement. The support team are now sending me instructions to capture network responses and code dumps from browser dev tools.

Turbo the mod, your response REALLY helped shed light on the issue and should bring more heat down on Plarium... it convinces me even more I should not be spending money on this sinking ship, thank you!!

Jan 23, 2016, 03:5001/23/16
Jan 23, 2016, 03:50(edited)
07/09/15

THS RavFour said:

turbomaster74 said:

This is quite stunning coming from a MOD... it just shows you have no idea what's going on within the dev team. You can't be more wrong to say it's a local problem. Putting aside all the technical reasons why I know and why the Plarium dev team knows it's not a local issue, and putting aside the communication I've had with support proving they KNOW it's not a local issue, one simple and overriding fact is that ALL other Plarium Flash games have NO LAG. You can't logically hold your stance. 

The dev team is STUMPED and in a serious SCRAMBLE and asking users to help them troubleshoot the problem. 

As a mod you shouldn't spread misinformation, trying to squash a serious bug that is having such a profound and negative impact.

When i said locally, I meant in an environment where the DEVs can see the impact on the client.  Not over the internet. 'Im not saying its the users computers at all.  You need to limit your code to what the flash player can handle.
Jan 23, 2016, 06:3601/23/16

The real players here are the dev team, of course. I sent this tonight in reply to some support emails and hopefully they can narrow it down... the other games have NO LAG, keep that in mind!!

Instead of installing programs I don't want to use, I have some important observations and suggestions about this lag issue. 

While debugging Nords I noticed a few very apparent problems. I'm using my 3.0ghz dual core AMD with 4gb memory, latest chrome browser. 

#1 - The fps of Nords at rest is all over the place, from 6-15 fps. TD and Sparta are steady 30fps while Soldiers and Stormfall are steady 17fps. This tells me you have too many interrupts in your main program loop. 

#2 - The game has the worst problems when loading the Blood Pact and some of the Clan Hall windows, it falls to 1 or less fps!. My Items window works perfectly, Daily Offerings is OK. Compare the code between the bad Blood Pact and Clan Hall windows to the windows that work OK and you'll be well on your way to fixing this problem! No other windows in TD, Sparta, Soldiers or Stormfall have this problem. 

#3 - In general, every one of your flash programmers should memorize this article... http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/optimizing-flash-performance.html 

If you focus in these directions you will SOLVE the lag issue! 

Good luck

I would imagine in the middle of all this lag mess they'll find memory problems that cause it to gradually max out and REALLY bring everything to a halt, like 5 second delays in typing in chat. Whatever, they just need to FIX IT.

MOD EDIT:  Link Removed. FaZi