All Categories

Release Highlights 2.01

Release Highlights 2.01

Hey, Pilots!

Mech Arena has gone live across the globe, and we’re all excited for this new chapter in the game’s history. There are many new features and cool things in development, and we’re going to introduce some of them in the upcoming Update 2.01. Check these highlights out if you want to get the first peek of what’s waiting for you!

New: Event Crate Rush

A new type of recurring opportunity will become available with 2.01 - the Event Crate Rush. It’s like an event for other events, and works a little like a Vault Blitz. While it’s ongoing, all players will get access to a special type of Crate called an Event Crate, which is stuffed full of awesome and unique rewards. You can pick up Event Crates using Event Tokens, which you can earn from Events going on during the Rush.

These aren’t just reskinned Fortune Vaults: Event Crates can contain really awesome rewards, like entire Mechs and Weapons that aren’t normally available anywhere else! Some Event Crates will have Mechs, Weapons, and other content that hasn’t made it all the way into the game yet, as a sort of sneak-peak into what’s coming later on. These Mechs and Weapons will eventually be available to everyone using the standard methods like the Progress Path, but who doesn’t like experimenting a little early?

On top of that, you’ll be able to win Skins, Credits, A-Coins, and other cool stuff, with more rewards coming in the future.

New Weapon: Disc Launcher

The Disc Launcher is finally here! If you kept an eye on our Dev Vlogs, you must have heard of this new gun we had in development. Now, at last, it’s ready to start making an appearance in Mech Arena.

It’s going to be a solid mid-range weapon (Max Range: 120m, Optimal: 60m) with a low rate of fire, but it will deal significant damage. Disc Launcher’s main shtick is its ability to hit targets behind cover. You heard that right - once you’re locked on, the disc projectiles will be able to adjust their trajectory a bit if that Mech runs behind cover. Of course, it won’t be foolproof, but it should work well against those pesky Javelin Killshots and their ilk!

On top of that, there’s splash damage that will affect enemies unlucky enough to be next to your target.

The Disc Launcher 8 will start off by showing up in our first-ever Event Crate Rush, and later on, it’ll be available via the Progress Path - along with some of its bigger, meaner brothers. Just like the Disc Launcher 8, the heavier versions will make early appearances in special events, then eventually become available via the Progress Path.

Miscellaneous

Progress Path balance improvement. Arc Torrent 6 is now available starting with just 8,000 XP, and Ares and Guardian are unlocked at 9,600 XP and 22,400 XP respectively.

You can also expect new Skins that will be available as part of a special event, some visual improvements, and an update to our anti-cheat system. Keep an eye out for the patch notes to get more info!

Views
Comments
Sep 10, 2021, 09:1509/10/21
AlinaCommunity Manager
Oct 6, 2021, 13:4810/06/21
05/21/19
peelikarthi12

Alina I Have Seen You On Discord Please accept my Friend request becauseI Have A Number Of Issues I Found In 

You can ask anything here or contact our mods on Discord 🤗

Oct 24, 2021, 18:3810/24/21
10/24/21

Arachnos' turrets should fire stasis bullets and  project a stasis barrier to make arachnos an  actual beacon defender.  

i

AlinaCommunity Manager
Oct 25, 2021, 21:1010/25/21
05/21/19
Adazahi

Arachnos' turrets should fire stasis bullets and  project a stasis barrier to make arachnos an  actual beacon defender.  

i

Interesting idea! Do you think Arachnos should be buffed then?

Oct 25, 2021, 23:4010/25/21
10/24/21

Yeah,  i  think  arachnos  really  underperforms  in  the  current  game,  especially  considering  bots  like  panther  have  A  way  better  ability  and  the  same  firepower.  Giving  it  a  shield  to  defend  itself  with  would  shake  up  the  meta  and  make  the  game  more  interesting  in  my  opinion!  

Oct 26, 2021, 17:2910/26/21
10/24/21

i

There's a massive jump from Thermal Lance 6 to Stasis Beam 12. For mid-league players like me, adding a 8 energy Stasis beam would be really nice.