All Categories

Report Cheater

Report Cheater

Search
Jan 8, 2022, 20:1801/08/22
01/08/22

Report Cheater

First, allow me to say thank you to the p2w, whales or whatever else people call you. Without you I wouldn't play this game.

Second, I've seen so many suggestions and gripes with no resolution, and I know I have a tendency to b!tch as a venting mechanism, so I am making an effort no to do that here.

Now the reason I've come:

The Report Cheater button is an insult and a dark joke. Plarium found a solution that requires no effort on their part, to help the common player feel better when they feel cheated. "That'll show 'em!!"  It does... nothing.

Plarium is the biggest cheater in the arena, on the field, or however you describe it. Why would anyone say such a thing? (fake gasps) Here is what I see when I'm fighting on the field against Red:

Red doesn't appear on radar until Blue attains center point, suddenly I'm shot from multiple direction by mechs that have no cloaking capability. Red disappears from radar quite often I've noticed, and while I've been told "that is clearly a glitch or lag" I have seen Red disappear from radar WHILE I'M LOOKING AT IT. This prevents targeting, obviously. I find it oddly uneven as Blue NEVER seems to have this ability.

Red has numerous tricks it uses to win, and from reading the forums, my experience of being the sole target on the feild doesn't need to be expanded on. I've been told I shouldn't take it personally, but it feels real personal when I step from cover and 5 Red Mechs start shooting at me while ignoring other Blue.

I understand there "was" a test on AI aggression, according to the forum posts this test ended in November. Is there any plan to end the program of Red being murderbots while Blue AI chases butterflies and shoots walls? I'm asking because I'm not seeing any change in their behavior in the past months since the test ended. However, I distinctly remember discovering about the "test" when I attained a Tier score or 12,000 or so, and suddenly started losing a whole lot more matches than I was winning. The test tanked my WLR and knocked me back down to Tier 10,000. I have struggled and scratched and fought to attain that score only to discover it has BEEN CAPPED AT 10999!!!

Understand, I'm all for AI players, match-making, evening the odds, "making things more fair", but... I'm not having much of a good time playing this game any more. Every time I win a match, I'm punished, and know I will lose the next two. Hell blesses me with 2 wins in a row, because that means I will have, at this date, up to 7 losses in a row. Why? For all the reasons others have complained about the AI. Red murderbot, Blue bulletcatchers. Blue running defense for Red, blocking shots, ignoring control points, shooting walls, pushing me out of cover...  No, Plarium, I don't feel better when I win a match because Red suddenly thinks they are playing loadrunner, watching Blue march across the field letting me have "assists", where the only successful shots Red gets off are killing me. 

Unlike too many of the players of this game, I understand that there are no human opponents on the field I see on my mobile screen. I know what latency is, latency between signal send/recieve, latency in human reaction time, latency between multiple devices transfering data. Yes its measured in microseconds and picoseconds, but it is measureable. And that means when I fire javelins that lock on to a target, on my screen it is dead before a human on another screen can dodge it. Yet, RED seems to have that ability.

I've carried on long enough, I didn't set out to write an article. The bottom line is: I love this game concept and graphics. I love running mechs, grinding for upgrades... but for what you have done to this once enjoyable game I hope you all rot in overheating cpu lag hell until your power supplies burn out. May your service provider raise your rates, and drop your service speed. May all you graphics card updates conflict with your OS.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 9, 2022, 04:1501/09/22
12/07/21

You write such long essay and the devs or anyone at Plarium just don't care ?!?!

No one gonna answer your question...LOL

Jan 9, 2022, 08:5201/09/22
01/08/22

Ah, yes. Nothing like watching Red miss their shots while taking damage. Hell, if it was an AOE weapon I wouldn't even be upset, but watching a sniper rifle miss me shot after shot after shot  while I take damage... That is just insulting.  Yes, if only Blue AI could make 100% shots on what ever weapon they shoot.... Man, I wish I could just shoot in the general direction of Red and watch them expolode. Unfortunately, again, this type of thing is a one way street. Red can do it, Blue can not. If only BLUE AI acted like RED AI my ratios would look better. Yet, again, I don't want to watch BLUE march across the field. I want to watch a match where RED/BLUE are equally matched and it is up to the ACTIONS OF PLAYER to make the difference. Damn, if only there was an AI setting that allowed for that.... Oh, wait, Plarium once had bots that did that. I wonder what ever happenend to them... 

Jan 9, 2022, 10:3001/09/22
01/08/22

Thank gods for Shadow and his cloaking ability. If only it would work against Red AI, who seem to be able to target it despite supposedly not showing up on radar. Almost as if Plarium's bots are cheating by seeing Blue's Shadow's despite the "cloaking" abilitity it is advertised as having. So glad BLUE AI can't see RED Shadow's when they are cloaked. I could win more often if BLUE AI would act like RED AI. 

Jan 9, 2022, 10:4501/09/22
01/08/22

So I was playing in the tournament, and a question occured to me, and I'm wondering if any one else asks this question... How come all of the players I face in the tournament are known bots? I thought, I don't know why, that the tournaments were for, you know, human players. What an odd thing to think, I think to myself. Wonder why I thought humans were playing this game, after watching RED shoot straight up when none of my bots can do that. Also, wondering why I seem to take damage from RED snipers when I'm behind cover, it's like RED AI can shoot through walls...

Jan 9, 2022, 10:5901/09/22
01/08/22

What if... follow me here... what if BLUE AI fought like RED AI, you know, as targeting murderbots, and RED AI just shot at walls and chased butterflies. How would that work out? How come Plarium isn't testing this AI bot? Man, it would be nice if BLUE AI would act like that JUST HALF the time. I wonder how my KDR dropped from close to 55% to 30%. You know, juvenile rats won't play with elder rats if they don't win at least 1/3 of the time. At least... just goes to show how stupid humans really are. 

Jan 9, 2022, 11:0801/09/22
01/08/22

And before you ask, yes. Yes, I have decided to treat this like a blog to document AAAAALLLLLLL of the cheating that I see by Plarium bots. Disappear from radar. Reported as cheater. Low health before I unload a mag for no effect" You're a cheater. Killshot vs killshot dash and only bot survives. Cheater. Dodge my favorite locked javelins? Cheater. 100% hit ratio from rocket laucher? Cheater. 100% hit damage from sniper? You're a cheater. Shoot me through a wall? Cheater. Hit me with mortar when I can't even see you on radar for mortar lock? Cheater. I'm reporting everything bots do that I'm not allowed to do, and I encourage every human to do the same.  That's right, report every known bot. All 147 of the known bots. Every suspected bot should be reported, too. End the cheating bots.

Jan 9, 2022, 11:2001/09/22
01/08/22

Good thing there are AI on the BLUE team. I would shoot so many more RED if hey didn't get in the way once I hit the fire button on rocket lauchers....  Now if I only I could achieve a 100% hit rate with them like RED does....

Jan 9, 2022, 11:4301/09/22
01/08/22

Good thing no one at Plarium cares about player's comments. They might be able to make this game exactly what it was that made it popular enough to go global. I wonder what will happen when those new players discover they can't possibly win more than two matches at a time without spending cash money. Not bashing the whales, thanks for paying enough to make this cheap enough for free 2 play, guys. But Plarium advertising this as a fun game when the dedicated player has been complaining about the cheating bots? Not really fun, not when we are punished for winning one or two matches once we attain Tier 1. Seven losses in row after one win? While I am making it to MVP as oftern as I make the most team kills? Just more evidence Plarium is cheating us.

Jan 10, 2022, 10:1501/10/22
01/08/22

I wanna kill RED by shooting in their general direction. It's gotta be fantastic shooting towards someone and killing them despite not one time hitting them. Man, if only real life was like that. " No, boss, I didn't do what you wanted but I thought about it while doing my own thing, you know? That counts, right?"

Jan 11, 2022, 14:2701/11/22
01/07/22

Lol I rated it 1 star 🤣

Jan 12, 2022, 09:2701/12/22
01/08/22

So I maintain three game accounts for Mech Arena, two of them are mine, and one is for a friend. This friend is intellectually impaired, but he likes playing the game. He likes it so much, that despite the fact he is so bad he maintains a score of 200, he will play for hours until the battery on his tablet dies. My question, for any one at Plarium that may accidentally find this, and maybe barely gives a $#!+, is this: Why is his win ratio, on his tablet, the same as my win ration on my other two account?

One of them is Tier1, where I have been struggling to maintain that level. The other is Tier3, where despite squad strength near equal to my Tier1, upgrades, upranking, a growing XP level, I'm struggling to maintain a Tier score of ALMOST 5500? Every win, on any of the three accounts, is punished with a series of losses. I've counted a series of losses, despite everything I try, as high as 7. Win, two losses, win, five losses, win win, seven losses. What's the point of that? 

Plarium is struggling to find humans to play the game. How do we regular players know? Because almost every battle I play has me and one other credited human on the field. Where are the human players? They can't advance because you won't let them. They rage quit, because despite everything they try, the only players in this environment are the ones spending obscene abounts of money. The casual gamer, the ones that will keep you in business, aren't the ones spending $100 on mechs and weapons. The whales, as profitable as they may be, and no hypocrisy here, if I had that kind of cash I would waste it too, are the one that will lose interest as soon as the next thing comes along, and take their followers with them. 

I never played War Robots, never heard of it until I started playing this game, but everything I've read about shows me that you have a great example of "don't do that", and you are following it down the same path. How many players have quit? How many players have pointed out that you, Plarium, are doing every single thing War Robots did to poison your gamer base against you. 

Fix the AI before you add more trash to the game. 

Fix whatever forsaken algorithm you are using to restrict our scores.

Fix the game balance before you add more trash to the game.

I want to see Blue AI playing the same way Red AI does. Not one player has stepped out of cover and seen Blue focus all of their guns on a single enemy until its dead before turning to the next. No one has ever run out of cover to find Red facing the wall and shooting the wrong way leaving the player unharmed. No one has ever seen Blue disappear from radar only to appear to destroy Red in surprise. No one has ever seen Blue almost shooting in the general direction of Red, destroying them despite not being able to hit them. 

It's cheating. It's a scam. It's greed, pure and simple. No, I do not believe that I am asking for the game to be nerfed. I want the challenge of winning, I don't want it handed to me, but I see you cheating, no matter what you want to call it. And while there are too many in the game chat telling me I'm being paranoid,  I see too many comments in these forums complaining about the same thing. Repeatedly. All over the place. And the only response any of us sees from the "moderators" or "community liasons" is "it's being worked on, it's complicated, just keep giving us money and playing the game and it will get better."

Flat. Out. Lies.

It wasn't some slight change to the AI, algorithm or whatever. I didn't see my KDR, or my WLR gradually fall off as the opponent outpaced my upgrades. Plarium threw a switch. My Tier score was pushing 12500, WLR was right at or close to,  50/50. I was averaging 45 to 60 percent of team kills. Suddenly, I begin losing so many times that I was endanger of dropping a Tier? I have struggled since then to get the points back, only to discover that it's capped at 10999. Again, Plarium didn't make this a gradual change, this was sudden. 

Yes, I did it again. I wrote an essay none of you care to read, again. Plarium doesn't read forum complaints because "phuck hue user". But I'm willing to bet I get a "community strike" from a mod, because instead of  answering Plarium only allows them to give strikes and platitudes.

For today, Mout. 

Jan 12, 2022, 11:0801/12/22
12/09/21

Bots tend to be in matches if there arent enough people to join in, bout it really. And lets get serious, the day and TIME of day will affect this, not everyone is in the same time zone bud.

For the radar

Enemies show up when you or someone else spots them, if you lose sight of them after some time then they poof from radar until someone spots them again, simple really. Sometimes annoying, but it is what it is.

Points are capped at 10999 because thats currently the highest tier, again another simple reason. And yes, if you do poorly in a number of matches its possible to lower your tier, which makes sense imo.

Jan 13, 2022, 02:4601/13/22
01/06/22

JustSomeguy, can't tell if this is just a troll post...I understand your concerns but at the same time they're not based on facts and more based on anecdotal emotions. CJC summed up a response already answering most of your items.

Matchmaking by experience as an issie, that Id stand behind as a flawed issue here.

Feb 5, 2022, 19:3502/05/22
08/19/21

SomeGuy:  I  too  appreciate PTW  players,  since  they  allow  me  to  play  for  free  (or  at  least  casual  cost) ,  but  this  in  no  way  excuses the  horrendously lopsided  matchmaking.    

I  do  agree  with  your  bot  issues.    The  freakish  accurate  sniping  is  frustrating.    Seeing  a  red,  facing  a  blue  at  point  blank  range,  turn  and  engage  me  from  across  the  arena is  frustrating.    Getting  pushed out  of  cover  by  a  blue  is  frustrating.    Facing bots  with  maxed  out  epic  pilots  is  frustrating.    Loved  this  game  initially,  not  so  much  anymor.