All Categories

Plarium... what is the end game with the addition of Pilots?

Search
Dec 27, 2021, 13:5612/27/21
12/27/21

So I've been playing since global release and I really developed a strong love for the game...

Fast paced, good pvp elements where your decision making and how you worked the map were the key elements to a winning strategy.  Even running into players that paid a lot of money to upgrade their stuff or obtain stuff early wasn't too problematic because with better tactics, you could beat them.  

Adding the pilots though has really changed the game though.  Let me list a few key ways from my perspective

1. Resources are very hard to obtain already but you have doubled + the amount of resources a player must now obtain.  At the same time resources have been removed from several areas of the game.

2. There was a balance in the game where high powered weapons had some limitations - i.e. ARC TORRENTS.  Massive damage potential but required solid tactics to emply them since it was a close range weapon.  Pilots and implants have changed all of these limitations as you can now tweak any weapon to function at a range it was not capable of being used at before. 

3. It was a game of strategy/tactics where the player that understood the ability cooldowns, length of effect and distance could use that knowledge to win an engagement... that is also getting tossed out the window with pilots as you never know what a players set up might be.  On one hand I can see how this adds some variability to the game but it comes with negatives and I honestly don't see any long term positive reasons for adding all these balance changes to the weapon/mech systems.

4. There have been issues with Matchmaking... specifically for players under 150k xp and even more for players under 100k xp.  Buying things early really gave an advantage because of the way your MM works with XP as the primary sorting point.   Now you add in pilots which let players wildly buff their abilities to a point where they could become unbeatable when placed into a match of pocket change/f2p.   THis really adds to the reputation the game has obtained of being pay to win.  

I would love for you to address how pilots are a long term positive for the ENTIRE community and not just those on the upper end of the food chain - i.e. the whales.  

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 28, 2021, 21:4612/28/21
06/15/20

end game should have been clan & clan vs clan, but it is not their wish 

Dec 29, 2021, 09:0612/29/21
12/20/21

i

ask  this  guys  who's got  full  star  pilots  and  all  weapons  and  mechs. 

Dec 30, 2021, 23:5812/30/21
Dec 31, 2021, 00:08(edited)
06/15/20

game is fine, they did intern test, that is what we wanted !

i

Jan 2, 2022, 15:2001/02/22
12/27/21

*Bump* I assume Plarium will be back from the extended holiday tomorrow so I am hoping for some official comments on the future balancing now that pilots tossed all previous balance out the window.

Jan 7, 2022, 11:2001/07/22
12/27/21

Plarium came back and answered several posts left over the holiday recess but mine was missed or just passed over.   

BUMP 🙂

Jan 12, 2022, 13:2601/12/22
12/27/21

Last *BUMP*.  I guess I have to assume Plarium doesn't want to answer this question here, or at least give some input on the balance swings the Pilots have introduced to the game?

AlinaCommunity Manager
Jan 19, 2022, 15:5501/19/22
05/21/19
MechLuvin

Last *BUMP*.  I guess I have to assume Plarium doesn't want to answer this question here, or at least give some input on the balance swings the Pilots have introduced to the game?

Sorry, we really might have missed it. We know that after we added Pilots it doesn't seem balanced to some players. That's why we're ready to rebalance this feature and improve as long as it's needed. It may take some time, though. 

Jan 19, 2022, 19:4101/19/22
12/07/21
Alina

Sorry, we really might have missed it. We know that after we added Pilots it doesn't seem balanced to some players. That's why we're ready to rebalance this feature and improve as long as it's needed. It may take some time, though. 

Still just confused as to why you decided to release it before balancing it. I have an idea, but it just raises more questions if it's the reason I'm thinking.

Jan 23, 2022, 14:3101/23/22
12/27/21
Alina

That is concerning because it sounds exactly like another mech game players left to come here... release mechs/features then realize it's not balanced... nerf or drastically change what players may have spent money on all while creating another balance swing.  Rinse/Repeat for the life of the game?  

Jan 25, 2022, 10:0601/25/22
01/25/22
Alina

So is it balanced for this match? 

i

i

i

i

i

P/s : I can't afford carbine and disc launchers ,not to mention about brickhouse.

Jan 26, 2022, 02:3701/26/22
01/21/21

why is rosa equipped to the killshot and fei on stalker? ^

AlinaCommunity Manager
Jan 28, 2022, 13:5201/28/22
05/21/19
MechLuvin

That is concerning because it sounds exactly like another mech game players left to come here... release mechs/features then realize it's not balanced... nerf or drastically change what players may have spent money on all while creating another balance swing.  Rinse/Repeat for the life of the game?  

I know what you mean. But sometimes changes in the balance are required to improve the game.