This is my last post here but some answers would be appreciated

This is my last post here but some answers would be appreciated

Search
Comments
Oct 12, 2021, 21:2510/12/21
Oct 12, 2021, 21:47(edited)
09/06/21
Alina

Hi! I hear you, thanks for sharing. We've actually run a few tests on our matchmaking. So far, we haven't found an ideal option. We're still experimenting. I do hope we'll find it soon, though. 

Averaging  out  the  "potential"  hangar  strength  would  be  about  the  fairest  way  you  could  create  a  matchmaking  algorithm.    

This  takes  care  of  the  two  biggest  problems  I  have  heard  matchmaking  created.    First  is   "seal  clubbing"  by  dropping  all  mechs  to  minimum  and  then  maxing  one  of  them  out  with  the  intention  of  getting  low  strength  opponents  but  being  able  to  clobber  then  with  one  high  level  mech/weapon  loadout.    It  secondly  eliminates  the  "whales"  from  buying  all  the  high  level  stuff  early  and  getting  a  major  advantage  over  those  that  are  progressing  normally.    

No  reasonable  player  expects  perfect  matchmaking  but  they  should  be  able  to  expect  a  group  of   devs  recognize  the  flaws  and  find  a  way  to  eliminate  the  two  extremes  mentioned  above.    

I  have  been  a  content  producer  for  Wargaming  (  WOT  Blitz  w/club  wargaming  in  the  USA  ),  worked  with  Panzerdog  on  content  for  Tacticool,  had  some  of  my  content  featured  by  Mech  Battle  devs  Djinnworks and  I  worked  very  closely  with  Bravo  Company  which  was  working  on  very  well  recieved  game  "Forces  of  Freedom"  which  unfortunately  lost  financial  backing  after  several  years  of  development.    I  have  a  pretty  decent  idea  of  what  players  want  and  what  they  don't   want.    Right  now  your  devs  are  on  the  wrong  side  of  what  players  want  and  it  should  be  a  pretty  easy  fix  if  they  are  listening.   I  know  the  CM's  are  listening  though   which  is  appreciated....  even  if  things  get  a  little  heated  on  the  players  side  ;)      

Oct 12, 2021, 23:1010/12/21
Oct 14, 2021, 07:50(edited)
08/12/21
Alina

Hi! I hear you, thanks for sharing. We've actually run a few tests on our matchmaking. So far, we haven't found an ideal option. We're still experimenting. I do hope we'll find it soon, though. 

I think you should let players test the matchmaking.  We haven't a clue the ideal you're trying to meet. There's of course no such thing as a perfect matchmaking system, obviously. But other games have done way better. Mech Arena's matchmaking is just so bad. I don't trust plarium leaving so much stuff behind closed doors.

Oct 16, 2021, 02:5810/16/21
Oct 16, 2021, 03:11(edited)
08/12/21
Alina

I need to say it again. Let players test matchmaking. So far the only indication I have you're even doing anything is your word. Remember, I said I want action. Words don't mean anything to me. You didn't even answer any of my questions. I want to really know something is being done about matchmaking. I don't wanna sit here waiting until you've found an "ideal" option. Ideal for who? Give us something. I'm sick of plarium keeping information behind closed doors.

Every pvp game has to handle matchmaking. There's no such thing as a perfect system. But none are this bad. You can't possibly let it stay this bad. DO SOMETHING ALREADY! Answer my questions. Give me an indication plarium really does care about this. So far it only seems like plarium cares about the game being a money making machine, like a simplified war robots. As I said before; No words, action.

How hard is it to make players match more often with people of equal/similar squad power? What's stopping you? There's nothing you can do to make it so I'm at least not matching with people with max hangars when I only have 1500 squad power? I'm so sick of this. I'm so sick of waiting for it to be fixed. I'm so sick of being told it's being worked on with nothing to show for it. I'm just done. You haven't found an ideal option? Are any options even remotely more fair than the system we have now?

Oct 18, 2021, 00:5210/18/21
Oct 18, 2021, 00:52(edited)
09/06/21

Lol...  you  need  to  realize  that  matchmaking  is  working  exactly  the  way  they  want  it  to  work.    It  drives  players  to  become  big  spenders  to  get  the  upper  hand.    Those  that  can't or  choose  not  to  will  bitch  and  moan  but  they  dont  care.      The  big  spenders  spend  and  that  is  all  that  matters.    Why  do  you  think  they  barely  respond  and  when  they  do  its  the  same  old  "  we're  looking  into  it"?    Its  just  to  keep  someone  around  long  enough  that  maybe  they  will  also  spend  some  money  to  get  the  advantage.    

if  younwant  something  fair  and  competitive....  move  on.  

Oct 18, 2021, 01:1410/18/21
10/18/21

Is  redox  worth  upgradding?

Oct 18, 2021, 01:1610/18/21
10/18/21

I  mean  buying,  its  pretty  darn  expensive,  but  maybe  u  could  add  another  beam  type  weopen,  i  dunno,  maybe a green one that gives u a poisen  affect?

Oct 18, 2021, 03:4810/18/21
10/18/21

Hello have  you  read  my  other  messages?

Oct 18, 2021, 03:5010/18/21
10/18/21

I

Oct 18, 2021, 04:0810/18/21
08/12/21
Jack Neat

Lol...  you  need  to  realize  that  matchmaking  is  working  exactly  the  way  they  want  it  to  work.    It  drives  players  to  become  big  spenders  to  get  the  upper  hand.    Those  that  can't or  choose  not  to  will  bitch  and  moan  but  they  dont  care.      The  big  spenders  spend  and  that  is  all  that  matters.    Why  do  you  think  they  barely  respond  and  when  they  do  its  the  same  old  "  we're  looking  into  it"?    Its  just  to  keep  someone  around  long  enough  that  maybe  they  will  also  spend  some  money  to  get  the  advantage.    

if  younwant  something  fair  and  competitive....  move  on.  

You're right this game is rigged pay to win

RescueCommunity Manager
Oct 18, 2021, 14:1110/18/21
12/21/20
Extrem Lemon

Is  redox  worth  upgradding?

Yes, but it is a hard mech to use as it is not particularly mobile.

Oct 26, 2021, 21:5810/26/21
01/22/21

I would like to add something from the perspective of a 4500+ pwr player.  I was about to post something about a bigger problem (IMO) and ran across this post.  While I agree that matchmaking is a crapshoot, it is not always as unfair a match as you think.  Sometimes I am put against an entire team of 4000+ pwr players and I only have bots.  It happens.  I take the beating an move on.  What you are not seeing is how the game is on the side of the high level player you are pitted against. 

I regulary fight lower level players around the 2000-3500 pwr range.  No doubt the matchmaking looks unfair, however, that lower level player, I'm put against, has no clue how the AI level is beefed up on their bots.  Here are some of the crazy bot capabilities put against a high level player:

1)  I cannot killshot dash any Zephyr or Surge on your team.  It will auto stun me if its ability is up.  

2)  Zephyrs on your team will auto stun me if I am in line of sight within milliseconds of seeing me.   Imagine you on a bridge and a Zephyr is running beneath you.  You wait for him to clear it so you can dash down on his head.  So you dash over the ledge and it turns and stuns you in the air.  WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

3)  All bots on you team have their AI kicked up so high that it's like fighting a team full of aimbotters.  Try playing a long range map like Hanging Gardens or that big open map and watching 3 or 4 pairs of stasis beams aimbotted to your face as soon as you stick you head up.  WTF!!!!

Or better yet have a piece of crap bot Zephyr aimbotting you from across the map with rank 6 longarm10 and rank 6 longarm 8.  WTF!!!!!!

So ya, you may take a loss, but just know it wasn't as easy for the other guy to do it as you think.

Oct 27, 2021, 11:3110/27/21
09/06/21
Wargasm

I would like to add something from the perspective of a 4500+ pwr player.  I was about to post something about a bigger problem (IMO) and ran across this post.  While I agree that matchmaking is a crapshoot, it is not always as unfair a match as you think.  Sometimes I am put against an entire team of 4000+ pwr players and I only have bots.  It happens.  I take the beating an move on.  What you are not seeing is how the game is on the side of the high level player you are pitted against. 

I regulary fight lower level players around the 2000-3500 pwr range.  No doubt the matchmaking looks unfair, however, that lower level player, I'm put against, has no clue how the AI level is beefed up on their bots.  Here are some of the crazy bot capabilities put against a high level player:

1)  I cannot killshot dash any Zephyr or Surge on your team.  It will auto stun me if its ability is up.  

2)  Zephyrs on your team will auto stun me if I am in line of sight within milliseconds of seeing me.   Imagine you on a bridge and a Zephyr is running beneath you.  You wait for him to clear it so you can dash down on his head.  So you dash over the ledge and it turns and stuns you in the air.  WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

3)  All bots on you team have their AI kicked up so high that it's like fighting a team full of aimbotters.  Try playing a long range map like Hanging Gardens or that big open map and watching 3 or 4 pairs of stasis beams aimbotted to your face as soon as you stick you head up.  WTF!!!!

Or better yet have a piece of crap bot Zephyr aimbotting you from across the map with rank 6 longarm10 and rank 6 longarm 8.  WTF!!!!!!

So ya, you may take a loss, but just know it wasn't as easy for the other guy to do it as you think.

That  is  fair.    However  all  human  players  face  AI  that  automatically  fires  on  you  the  second  they  have  clearance  to  do so.    Its  how  Plarium  programmed  the  AI..  prioritize  human  players  with  aimbot.    

Oct 28, 2021, 05:4410/28/21
Oct 28, 2021, 05:46(edited)
08/12/21
Jack Neat

That  is  fair.    However  all  human  players  face  AI  that  automatically  fires  on  you  the  second  they  have  clearance  to  do so.    Its  how  Plarium  programmed  the  AI..  prioritize  human  players  with  aimbot.    

Yeah it's so broken they have freaking eyes in the back of their head with their aimbot too and they turn so fast. The only real players that could possibly do that are cheaters. They are taking action against hacking but no real anti-cheat mechanism. And they don't ever fix the AI.

Oct 28, 2021, 11:5010/28/21
01/13/20

Wouldn't call myself a whale but I've spent more then the average guy on this game for sure. Since it is the only game I play and before this it was War Robots that matches you fairly if you spend regularly. After a certain amount of time that you stop spending all you do is get destroyed until you spend again.  I found the pure greed in that system to be sickening.  Then I went to the #1 FPS of all time Call of Duty where you can spend millions but it won't give you enough advantage to  a more skilled player. I enjoyed that aspect of the game even though I would come across more skilled players that I couldn't beat but at least I could keep trying andventually beat ththe momentud 

Oct 28, 2021, 12:1710/28/21
01/13/20

IJ'm not one of those crazy talented guys that can keep one eye on the mini map and snipe you with the other but learned I'm above average when playing on a mobile device. But I like the mech games alot more so when I found Mech Ariana I dropped Call of Duty because it was affordable and didn't show the greed of War Robots. Now I can't tell were I stand. The AI can come at me and it feels like 5 on 1 or the human has x2 rail guns I'm not willing to pay for and I get beat. I've spent well over a thousand on this game and if that's a whale then this wale is about to leave if they keep following the footsteps of War of Robots. Then my question is. Why not copy the #1 FPS Call of Duty if you truly want to make big money in the long term? Why do they need the fast cash like a drug addict ? Is anyone going figured this out and become the  #1 mech game of all time 

Oct 30, 2021, 05:2810/30/21
09/06/21
mobilemathew

IJ'm not one of those crazy talented guys that can keep one eye on the mini map and snipe you with the other but learned I'm above average when playing on a mobile device. But I like the mech games alot more so when I found Mech Ariana I dropped Call of Duty because it was affordable and didn't show the greed of War Robots. Now I can't tell were I stand. The AI can come at me and it feels like 5 on 1 or the human has x2 rail guns I'm not willing to pay for and I get beat. I've spent well over a thousand on this game and if that's a whale then this wale is about to leave if they keep following the footsteps of War of Robots. Then my question is. Why not copy the #1 FPS Call of Duty if you truly want to make big money in the long term? Why do they need the fast cash like a drug addict ? Is anyone going figured this out and become the  #1 mech game of all time 

Its  not  Plarium...  guess  we  have  to  wait.    These  guys  are  in  it  for  the  quick  money  hits.    No  shits  given  how  many  players  get  pissed  pff  by  the  broken  matchmaking.  

Nov 6, 2021, 21:3811/06/21
11/06/21

Your comment area is broke, at least on my mobile device.  I had to type this in a different app and copy paste it.  I came over from war robots, I left because of unfair matchmaking and lag.  I do not play a game to end up cursing about it and it being no fun.  Being placed against a team of people, most double my hangar strength, when I am with 4 ai is unfair and broken matchmaking.  There is no reason a person with a hangar of 1,600 should be faced with anyone over 2,200 yet I keep being placed against AT LEAST one person who is 3k.  If they have a hangar that has mostly completed upgraded new weapons (pink stars) and my best weapon is a four star, something is wrong.  

If I wanted to be whale food I would just play war robots.  If I wanted to be upset at something that is unfair I have plenty of other options besides playing a game that's supposed to be fun.  It was fun, but something recently done is now putting me against impossible odds.  You are putting my go-kart against formula one cars metaphorically speaking.  There is nothing fair or fun about being one shot by someone with maxed rail guns.  If this is how this game is going to continue it's matchmaking, I will go deal with the lag of war robots.  I am gonna give it one more week, then I'm deleting this game.