All Categories

Tournament times

Tournament times

Search
Sep 15, 2021, 11:1809/15/21
09/06/21

Tournament times

I  would  like  to  see  some  changes  to  the  tournament  start  /  end  time.  

With  the  current time  period  the  start  /  end  period  always  benefits   the  same  time  zones.    Other  time  zones  are  left  with  the  option  of  making  the  choice  between  losing  in  the  wee  hours  of  the  morning  or  making  the  choice  to  play  during  these  hours.   for  my  time  zone...  the  tournaments  end  right  round  2am.    That  is  not  an  option  with  work  so  the  top  spot  is  always  lost  no  matter  how  much  work  I  put  in.    The  only  brackets  I  have  managed  to  win  are  the  handful  I  sat  up  until  2am.

break  the  torunament  mode  down  into  2  or  3  smaller  time  periods ,  allowing  all  times  zones  the  opportunity  to  pick  one  that  is  playable  for  the  win.    

Tournament  mode  is  possibly  the  most  important  aspect  of  the  game  if  you  need  resources  to  advance  so  giving  all  time  zones  a  fighting  chance  would  encourage  more  players  to  buy  the  tickets  required  to  compete.    

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 18, 2021, 15:2209/18/21
09/06/21

Are there any contributions a plarium CM can make here?  Is this something you've considered / would consider / have not intentions of considering?

AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 22, 2021, 18:2309/22/21
05/21/19
Jack Neat

Are there any contributions a plarium CM can make here?  Is this something you've considered / would consider / have not intentions of considering?

Sorry about this delay in replying to you. At the moment, we don't plan to change anything in this aspect of the game. It would lead to many other changes in the aspects connected with time... Besides, when you're actively playing, someone else is still asleep 🙂 

Sep 23, 2021, 04:5209/23/21
09/06/21
Alina

Sorry about this delay in replying to you. At the moment, we don't plan to change anything in this aspect of the game. It would lead to many other changes in the aspects connected with time... Besides, when you're actively playing, someone else is still asleep 🙂 

True but more true is this...

The only time that matters in tournament mode is the LAST 60minutes of that 24 hour period.   There is almost ALWAYS a battle for 1st place in the last hour which is a statement you can probably verify by looking at server stats.   

So people that live on the East Coast of US get screwed over every single night.  You make the choice between sleep and losing your first place spot you fought to get or losing sleep and fighting to keep that spot.

IT seems to me as someone that lives in a time zone which puts me in the very early morning hours that maybe tournament mode is just not worth taking part in since someone in another friendly time zone has a clear advantage over me on every single bracket.   At least if you shifted the start / end times around during the week it would make sure everyone has a fighting chance at least one day per week to win their brackets top position.  

AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 30, 2021, 11:2609/30/21
05/21/19
Jack Neat

True but more true is this...

The only time that matters in tournament mode is the LAST 60minutes of that 24 hour period.   There is almost ALWAYS a battle for 1st place in the last hour which is a statement you can probably verify by looking at server stats.   

So people that live on the East Coast of US get screwed over every single night.  You make the choice between sleep and losing your first place spot you fought to get or losing sleep and fighting to keep that spot.

IT seems to me as someone that lives in a time zone which puts me in the very early morning hours that maybe tournament mode is just not worth taking part in since someone in another friendly time zone has a clear advantage over me on every single bracket.   At least if you shifted the start / end times around during the week it would make sure everyone has a fighting chance at least one day per week to win their brackets top position.  

I see, thanks for providing more details here. Still, it will lead to some drastic changes we're not ready to implement now.