Sep 14, 2021, 10:0309/14/21
05/21/19

That's true, Pilot! 

AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 14, 2021, 10:0309/14/21
05/21/19
moice

no.not p2w, hack to win

Hey! If you've noticed any suspicious player behavior in battles, please feel free to notify us via the "Report Cheater" button. It's available in the player's profile. To find players from previous battles, taHey! If you've noticed any suspicious player behavior in battles, please feel free to notify us via the "Report Cheater" button. It's available in the player's profile. To find players from previous battles, tap on the Friends icon in your Hangar and select "Recommended" tab. Thank you!p on the Friends icon in your Hangar and select "Recommended" tab. Thank you!

Sep 15, 2021, 23:5009/15/21
08/12/21
Alina

That's true, Pilot! 

It neglects the nature of the complaint, hence why I've mocked it.

Sep 17, 2021, 08:0109/17/21
08/12/21
Alina

That's true, Pilot! 

This isn't optional. I mean the options are fork over cash of forget the a-coins because how restrictive the 2nd option is. You can't call this optional, that would be bullshitting. This is brazen p2w. Admit it.

i

RescueCommunity Manager
Sep 17, 2021, 14:2809/17/21
12/21/20

Except they are optional?????

Your argument is if you put in real world dollars then the game is P2W.  I personally don't like this definition because you cany pay for something like skins and not get any advancement.  It also completely ignores that you can be paying for something you would otherwise get for free if you actively played or spent time in the game.

A better definition of P2W,  is that there is a point where you can't progress any further without spending real world money.  I don't really see this as the case except for maybe tournament tokens so spending money is optional as all mechs and weapons can be unlocked eventually.  Nothing is exclusively spend money or you can't have it in the game.

Sep 17, 2021, 15:4609/17/21
08/29/21

100% P2W. Tell me, how long would it take me to unlock, say carbine 12s and buy them with A coins I had to grind for? 6 months,  longer? Is this rescue guy for real? Why don't you offer any progression path other than A coins? Why isn't there a way to progress ( upgrade mechs and weapons to additional star rating) using in game credits? Why?

Sep 17, 2021, 18:4209/17/21
Sep 20, 2021, 15:52(edited)
08/12/21
Rescue

Your argument is if you put in real world dollars then the game is P2W.  I personally don't like this definition because you cany pay for something like skins and not get any advancement.  It also completely ignores that you can be paying for something you would otherwise get for free if you actively played or spent time in the game.

A better definition of P2W,  is that there is a point where you can't progress any further without spending real world money.  I don't really see this as the case except for maybe tournament tokens so spending money is optional as all mechs and weapons can be unlocked eventually.  Nothing is exclusively spend money or you can't have it in the game.

My argument is not that if you can put real world $ into a game to unlock something then it's p2w. Don't put words into my mouth.

You're being ridiculous. By your definition no game is p2w. I can't think of a single game which you can't theoretically unlock things without spending real world cash. But plenty of games make it not realistic to do so. It's pretty agreed upon by the war robots community that game is p2w. Why? Well you can THEORETICALLY unlock everything available in the game without spending money. THE PROBLEM IS it's NOT REALISTIC to do so, especially for the META robots and weapons. I'd ask you if you thought progress was locked behind paywall with guardian specialization spree, but I can tell from other forum responses you don't. Because according to you, we can unlock the a-coins without spending money, THEORETICALLY , even THOUGH it's NOT REALISTIC. 

Sep 19, 2021, 08:5609/19/21
09/16/21

You all didnt even finish the event and your saying that its P2W I encountered the same but its OPTIONAL.

PS:Try to finish the event Before you talk 😏

Sep 19, 2021, 18:3009/19/21
Sep 20, 2021, 15:47(edited)
08/12/21
Kieshenieroe

You all didnt even finish the event and your saying that its P2W I encountered the same but its OPTIONAL.

PS:Try to finish the event Before you talk 😏

*** Your post has been edited for violating the forums rules for langauge *** ~ Rescue

RescueCommunity Manager
Sep 20, 2021, 15:5109/20/21
12/21/20

This was event was reported to the DEV team as under certain circumstances it does require payment to be completed especially if you have a maxed mech. Then you are not able to upgrade any further and payment would be required to complete the event.

RescueCommunity Manager
Sep 20, 2021, 15:5909/20/21
12/21/20
hypernova132.ec

My argument is not that if you can put real world $ into a game to unlock something then it's p2w. Don't put words into my mouth.

You're being ridiculous. By your definition no game is p2w. I can't think of a single game which you can't theoretically unlock things without spending real world cash. But plenty of games make it not realistic to do so. It's pretty agreed upon by the war robots community that game is p2w. Why? Well you can THEORETICALLY unlock everything available in the game without spending money. THE PROBLEM IS it's NOT REALISTIC to do so, especially for the META robots and weapons. I'd ask you if you thought progress was locked behind paywall with guardian specialization spree, but I can tell from other forum responses you don't. Because according to you, we can unlock the a-coins without spending money, THEORETICALLY , even THOUGH it's NOT REALISTIC. 

Sounds like unreleasitic is more inconvenient.  

Can you elaborate on what exactly makes it unrealistic?  Is it time, activity level, participation, resources?  What exactly makes you feel like it is attainable but also like you would have to reach the moon to attain it?

Sep 20, 2021, 21:2709/20/21
08/12/21
Rescue

Sounds like unreleasitic is more inconvenient.  

Can you elaborate on what exactly makes it unrealistic?  Is it time, activity level, participation, resources?  What exactly makes you feel like it is attainable but also like you would have to reach the moon to attain it?

Are you kidding? It's the resources. The fact that I'd have to add a whole 2 stars to guardian to complete the event. Hundreds of thousands of credits. Hundreds of blueprints. And thousands of a-coins. All of that AT MINIMUM! I'd have to obtain that all in 3 days. Or if I somehow had the resources saved up, they'd all have to go to guardian, at the expense of other mech upgrades, leaving them all far behind guardian.

How is this even a question? How can that be in any way realistic? "More like inconvenient"? Give me a break.

Sep 24, 2021, 19:3709/24/21
09/24/21

For  proof  its  P2W  just  look  at  tve  exp  path.    You  play  enough  to  "unlock"  weapons  and  mechs  to  only  have  to  use  a  horrendous amount  of  a-coins  to  "Get"  them.    Look  at  the  carbine 8  for  example,  once  you  have  played  long  and  hard  to  get  the  exp  to  "unlock "  the  gun  you  then  have  to  spend  8275  a-couns  to  get  it.    So  what  did  we  need  to  play  for,  the  privilege to  spend  $70  on  a-coins  to  use  it?    When  every  little  drip  of  a-coins  is  used  trying  to  rank  up  mechs/weapons(which  is  also  pricey).    if  you  put  something  on  the  exp  path,  once  you  get  the  exp  tounlock  it  it  should  be  yours,  you  can  still  have  weapons  and  mechs  that  are  special  limited time  that  can  be  a-coins  only.    Stop  punishing  the  loyal  players  by  monetizing the  exp  path

Oct 6, 2021, 04:5310/06/21
10/06/21
Rescue

"except they are optional"

Here's a reality,

Whats the diffrence between:

The Free2Play player who is Drip Fed credits and A-coins; who after 100 hours of game time, and who has completed all the events, wasting those precious resources that take forever to earn.

vs.

The P2W player who can completely bypass Trournment Pass limits, because they can afford all the Golden Tickets. The Pay2Player who can outright buy 5-6 Star items stright out of the shop, out of the gate. Where some of these workshop items arn't even AVALIBLE to F2P players?

WIN RATIO, YOU KNOW, THE CRUTIAL PART OF BEING PAY2WIN?

The core, fundimental, and critcal reason why the game is utterly pay to win,

Is that the F2P player will have to force themselves through HUNDREDS, of not THOUSANDS of losses. Just to be on Part with someone who threw down Hundreds of dollars to immediatly max out their hangers. 

And the worse part about it? The match making systems will FORCE these players to play in the same rank as each other. The for that Free2Play player, who WANTS to win agaist whales? Well, he has to become a whale himself, or pray that the MatchMaking system puts them against other players with the same hanger power. 

You say there is nothing exclsive, *That is a Lie, Carbine 10's are litearlly selling right now, cash only*

Having a higher win ratio is something you can pretty much buy, 

What is a person, who barely jsut purchased a Guardian and a Set of Missle Racks, suppose to do against a Maxed out Zepher with Maxed out Arc Casters? That can take your health from 100 to 0 in under 3 seconds?

Calling purchases in the game "Optional" is just calling winning "Optional", yeah, Is optional, but its absolutly, 100% P2W and completely unfair, because of how poorly designed the match making system is. 

Oct 6, 2021, 05:1710/06/21
10/06/21

Here is an example even from a match I just played.

Why on earth am I even being matching with this player?

He has double me XP, 500 Points over my Squad Power.

His KillShot could Instantly kill My Tanks with is special attack.

He's Using LootBox weapons that I did not have GARENTEED access to without spending ATLEAST 120$ on LootBoxes.

AND,

This isn't a rare event.

I am constantly, and I mean CONSTANYLY being matching with this type os P2W whale.

The match making system is litearlly using me as fodder to be killed by these paying players.

Its bad, and the admins telling the community other wise is an utterly morally bankrupt lie. 

i

i

i

Oct 6, 2021, 08:2510/06/21
08/29/21
Samnson

Here is an example even from a match I just played.

Why on earth am I even being matching with this player?

He has double me XP, 500 Points over my Squad Power.

His KillShot could Instantly kill My Tanks with is special attack.

He's Using LootBox weapons that I did not have GARENTEED access to without spending ATLEAST 120$ on LootBoxes.

AND,

This isn't a rare event.

I am constantly, and I mean CONSTANYLY being matching with this type os P2W whale.

The match making system is litearlly using me as fodder to be killed by these paying players.

Its bad, and the admins telling the community other wise is an utterly morally bankrupt lie. 

i

i

i

Mate I am here to say bravo. Everything you have posted is absolutely true and any argument to the contrary is utter simping BS. 

I live this game but feel like they will never listen. 

Oct 6, 2021, 09:1010/06/21
10/06/21
Rescue

Also, a couple points addressing this directly.

"It also ignores that you can be paying for something that you would otherwise get for free"

-This is an non-argument on the ground that, you've play the game right? You understand how badly the game Starves you for resources from the word go? 

https://mech-arena-robot-showdown.fandom.com/wiki/Mechs

Its litearlly on the wiki, just how prohibitivly expensive upgrading ANYTHING in this game is.

A SINGLE level upgrade past 5* consumes the entire amount of CREDITS the game will EVER let you earn in a single day. Let alone the MASSIVE amount of blue prints you need to even START the upgrade. HOWEVER, if you throw down money? MONTHS of Works get IMMIDEATLY skipped. 

You have to appricate just how disgusting that is,

That a person has to waste MONTHS, of saving credits, A-coins, and Blueprints.

While someone else takes a hit to their credit card for $500's and have a barely maxed out Mech in less than a day. 

"that you would otherwise get for free"

There NOTHING free about leveling up your mechs, It requires so much time, and dedication, and if you a REAL f2p player? you need to force yourself through Loss after loss, because the game WANTS you to get frustrated and spend money out of anger.

"A better definition of P2W,  is that there is a point where you can't progress any further without spending real world money."

No, this is an absolutly terrible definition.

This model is used by tons of F2P mmos, and it works for them, and doesn't negativly effect the gameplay for players who can't, or don't want to spend money. 

The Diffrence here is, Paying money for SERIOUS combat boost HURTS the expereince of other players. I player who spends $1000 to max out the best bots in the game, is basically GARENTEED the power to COMPLETELY, AND UTTERLY, Destroy every single F2P player they EVER come in contact with. 

Now, heres a REALLY HARD REALITY.

There is a point, in the game. in which, because P2W players become SO ABUNDANT, that winning games becomes a practical impossibility. 

Because of how badly the game Trottles you earning credits and blueprints per day, there comes a point where it becomes litearlly impossible to keep up with paying players. 

where I am in the game, I spend literally all mycredits that I can earn in a day, on SINGLE level ups for my weapons and mechs. EVEN WITH EVENTS ACTIVE AND CLAIMING ALL ME CHESTS. 

It is impossible to compete with P2W players who have near maxed out hangers.

Players who's hangers can instantly kill F2P players bots in 2-3 seconds, where it takes more than 2-3 Reloads to kill their own bots. 

"I don't really see this as the case except for maybe tournament tokens so spending money is optional as all mechs and weapons can be unlocked eventually."

So... have you forgetten that tournys are litearlly THEE source of free A-coins?

For F2P players, its the only way to earn consistant A-coins for Rank upgrades.

"unlocked eventually"

yeah, Free players will unlock everything years after the game dies from being completely defunct,

The time, credits, and blueprints it takes to get to that point are so... so far off that the game will litearlly DIE because the player base quits, before ANY free player could build a hanger that works competitivly.

Spending money is the only, and I mean they ONLY way, to keep winning in the long run. 

Because you are ALWAYS going to be chasing the power spikes that people spending money on the game creates.

Unless you are the type of person who, for some reason. LOVES to lose 4/5 games they play in Master Division.

Oct 6, 2021, 23:2510/06/21
Oct 6, 2021, 23:50(edited)
07/31/20

Honestly, it doesn't really matter if it's money or cheating, as a whale myself in any game I take a liking to really, the capacity is more often than not tantamount to the same unbalanced, game ruining bs...

If there were some form of handicap, better made matching filter, or some such, I'd say there's more than a small difference..

But in this game, with such a limited scope and scale to the actual game itself in its content, few hundred USD, a week of playing, and you have weapons/mechs that have outright unfair mechanics.. 

IE any form of homing weapon, can even fire some of the devastating, unbalanced things over or around obstacles we should not be able to, and they do obscene damage, even at low ranks.. 

One can wipe out numerous opponents between reloads with just a -single- weapon equipped, and they can do it from impossible positions or ridiculous distances... 

Also the mech differences are vastly unbalanced.. No one starting out a couple days is gonna handle a even half fully  upgraded -tiny- little lancer... See em do it all the time, abusing it's jump or similar with a single, extremely powerful weapon, and never once get themselves exposed for any possible retaliation.. Especially if they're an organized team.

To summarize, cheaters are definitely an issue in this game, but so is how vast the difference between a p2w and f2p/spent a little $ people.

Have you ever peeped the review archives fully? Do so some time if know how, it'll shock you, when something becomes obvious about it's rating... If you don't know how to, I'm not saying, I don't encourage such behaviors, only did so myself because I had a sneaking suspicion about a few things.

Even though I'm a whale, I don't play unfair myself unless I'm playing very serious for whatever reason,  for the reason stated below in last two paragraphs of this post ... 

I'm not some unskilled youngling gamer, it may sound arrogant, but I got skills at any game I pick up, and I know I do..Just as it is for many of you who will read this...

Cheating is easy to stop... temporarily, before they find another way to be unskilled posers doing so solely because of just that: lack of skill... So if anything.. I more pity the brats, personally.Both the p2w who abuse that power, and the cheaters, because both are the above: unskilled wannabes.. 

Afterthought: I agree with one thing you posted 1000%... I'm an old man at 75.. Time is far beyond priceless.. It appears infinite, but is actually very much so finite... A player can spend all that time to barely be able to compete with what they gained in a day or two, and often only to quit out of boredom for doing it not long after.. So, in no way is it balanced..
(That was well said, and undeniable, that's why I edited this in.)

Oct 10, 2021, 02:3510/10/21
Oct 10, 2021, 02:38(edited)
09/24/21

2021-10-10, Pay to Win, Fake! 

Me “Wolfi” is a common user. I spend some money in this game to get a good basic position to increases from there! 

I play “War Robot” for over 2 years. So, I know this kind of game well! I am near to left that games for the same reason I left “War Robot” before: “I do not want to be the target for the wallet-warriors”!

Look at the current running tournament! Bounty is 1200 a-coins 50000 c-coins and 14 golden coins!

1. Position with “10.500 Points” is a player who has low basic Robots! For sure are "fake players"!

2. Position to 10.100 Points to position 7 with 5200 points. All of them are fakes, or have powerful Mech’s that, depending on the number of games he did play, can only when to pay for, etc.! Definitive the "Pay to Win - Wallet Warrior"!

I as a common player earn for 1 tournament Match 80- to 280 Points. You play and win a match not alone! To get more than 200-250 points you need to do it well and have the luck to be in a good team! 

Chance 1:10 to get > 250 Points! The average is 150 Points! 10000/150=66! To get this position I have to play 40-60 tournament Matches. Tournament Tickets a be limited!

That means these "Wallet Warriors" who pay a lot for powerful Mech's pay also for tournament tickets.

That means for all common players it is nearly impossible to compensate for that, what the wallet-warrior pay for! Because they catch all bounty and get stronger...!

The Dev. says there is an algorithm that manages that the player teams are more and less equal. 

This tournament today is proof that this is NOT True!

To the developer of this game:

Make a league only for that “Pay to Win wallet-warrior” in which he can shot with money to fill your pocket.

Change your “algorithm ” to “fair play”!!

Kick the "Faker" out of this game!!!!

Or you can play your game alone...!