All Categories

New ways to keep new players down

Search
Feb 19, 2021, 11:1002/19/21
01/19/21

How  does  everyone  feel  about  the  new  rewards  values?  I  dont  like  them  and  if  you  agree  lift  your  voices!  The  A  Coins  are  gone  from  the  challenges  and  severely  curbed  in  the  tourneys.  They  were  the  main  reason  I  participated in  both.  That  incentive  now  a  fading  memory  has  caused  me  to  reevaluate  my  willingness  to  invest  time  and  money  in  a  game  of  diminishing  returns.  Anyone  willing  to   compare  the  old  numbers  to  the  new  and  do  the  math  will  see  your  future  here  is  bleak.  Now  without  the  expenditure  of  real  cash  youll  be  looking  at  a  6  to  8  weeks  for  an  advanced  mech  upgrade  and  a  lot  longer  if  youre  saving  up  to  purchase  those  carbines.  The  developers  have  make  a  horrible  mistake.  Mech  Arena,  under  This  new  predatory  model  just  isnt  worth  the  time  and  effort  it  now  takes  to  move  ahead.

Views
Comments
Comments
RescueCommunity Manager
Feb 19, 2021, 14:1202/19/21
Feb 22, 2021, 14:01(edited)
12/21/20

The current model is not set in stone.  The Dev team is experimenting with different rewards to see how they effect the rate of progression and player engagement.

On Discord there is a Suggestion-Vote topic on this already.  Cast your vote there.

----------

I think whether it is successful or not really depends on what it is substitued with.  There are games out there that unlock all the content once you hit a certain point and others were you have to grind for them.  Both have pros and cons.

If everything is given to you then there is not a sense of reward or accomplishment versus when you have worked towards a goal .  However, making that goal to difficult to obtain or requiring too long a time can cause people to give up before they even begin or attempt it.

The key is striking a balance of progression as well as accomplishment/reward.

Feb 21, 2021, 05:3902/21/21
01/19/21

Ok  Rescue  tried  repeatedly  to  go  to  discord  and  its  such  a  hassle  kept  getting  kicked  out  wouldnt  let  me  register  anew  and  wouldnt  let  me  n  to  my  existing  acc.  You  know  how  I  feel  I  just  cant  go  there  and  vote.  If  you  want  to  have  a  platform  make  sure  it  works  and  dont  make  it  so  convoluted  that  it  becomes  an  anchor.  Why  dont  you  just  tie  it  to  the  forum  and  be  done  with  it?  Why  reinvent  the  wheel,  you  techies  are  such  something  I  dont  want  to  say.    I  am  flat  freaking  aggravated  i  wasted  fifteen  minutes  on  this  #&$@  already  and  Im  done!

Feb 21, 2021, 06:1902/21/21
12/14/20

6ULDV8-- 

Bro... Rescue tried to help. It is really easy to become quick-tempered with people. Take some time away maybe. 

Remember, at the end of the day, this game is all on your phone, its not real life, its just a silly robot game. People on the other hand are incredibly important, and we should treat them with respect, just like we want to be treated. Our relationships are what really matter in life. :))

RescueCommunity Manager
Feb 22, 2021, 14:0702/22/21
12/21/20
6ULDV8

Ok  Rescue  tried  repeatedly  to  go  to  discord  and  its  such  a  hassle  kept  getting  kicked  out  wouldnt  let  me  register  anew  and  wouldnt  let  me  n  to  my  existing  acc.  You  know  how  I  feel  I  just  cant  go  there  and  vote.  If  you  want  to  have  a  platform  make  sure  it  works  and  dont  make  it  so  convoluted  that  it  becomes  an  anchor.  Why  dont  you  just  tie  it  to  the  forum  and  be  done  with  it?  Why  reinvent  the  wheel,  you  techies  are  such  something  I  dont  want  to  say.    I  am  flat  freaking  aggravated  i  wasted  fifteen  minutes  on  this  #&$@  already  and  Im  done!

Sorry to hear 6ULDV8.  I know you are not alone in your opinion of the rewards and A-Coins. There were some great things about this recent update and some things that are still being worked on.  I have had this conversation somewhat often recently so I get it.

For now be patient and know that again this is an experiment.  Things are still going to be released and some things will be changed but it can't all happen at once (mainly because it is hard to fix bugs).

If I get an update I will let you know as well in here.

Feb 22, 2021, 14:3302/22/21
01/19/21

Youre  right  patience  is  a  virtue.  However  what  is  becoming  a  running  joke  in  pre  battle  chats  is  the  experim  is  on  our  wallets.  I  doesnt  matter  who  you  are  ,  thats  funny

Feb 25, 2021, 20:3902/25/21
02/25/21

Let us earn more A-coins or change it so we dont need A-coins for upgrades, its that simple.  

Feb 26, 2021, 03:1902/26/21
11/14/20

We now that the devs were doing work nicely but some features is not there keep bots down and take at least 30 second for start battle no bot only real players some bots and also we can talk in battle when this features will come than the download will increase 

Feb 26, 2021, 12:4002/26/21
02/26/21

I'm new to the game, I got to arena 9 and havent won a single game since. The same 5 bots only fire on me, even ignoring other mechs shooting them

Feb 28, 2021, 22:5302/28/21
01/19/21

Anyone  new  to  the  Game!  It  has  become  more  difficult to  move  forward  "in  general"  some  achievements are  geared  toyou  so  enjoy  and  utilize  them.  (  cheap  low  level  upgrades  of  startef  weapons 

Feb 28, 2021, 22:5602/28/21
01/19/21

Sorry  I  have  fumble  thumbs,,,,,  starter  weapons  and  beginner  mech  upgrades  /  all  pf  the  challenges  will  benefit  you  .  ive  been  around  for a while  and  ME  not  so  much.  Dont  waste  your  A  Coins  and  Don't  upgrade  low  level  weapons  save  it  for  the  good  stuff.  Progress  gets  slo  as  you  move  up  

Feb 28, 2021, 23:0602/28/21
01/19/21

I  wish  more  folks  looked  at  the  forums  Be  A-Team  Player  use  your  Panther  shield  for  buudies  as  well  as  yourself  the  Panther  is  a  DEFENSIVE  BOTNot  an  assailant  the  MD  is    also  support  they  are  designed  to  assist  the  Tanks  if  you  buy  one  dont  look  for  glory!  The  best   low  power  mech  for  assault  is  probably  the  Zephyr  but  you  will  die  the  Cheetah  is  under  armored  but  can  be  effective .  Be  careful  of  where  your  led  it  is  not  the  best  path!  Find  you  own  way!

RescueCommunity Manager
Mar 2, 2021, 14:4403/02/21
12/21/20
6ULDV8

I  wish  more  folks  looked  at  the  forums  Be  A-Team  Player  use  your  Panther  shield  for  buudies  as  well  as  yourself  the  Panther  is  a  DEFENSIVE  BOTNot  an  assailant  the  MD  is    also  support  they  are  designed  to  assist  the  Tanks  if  you  buy  one  dont  look  for  glory!  The  best   low  power  mech  for  assault  is  probably  the  Zephyr  but  you  will  die  the  Cheetah  is  under  armored  but  can  be  effective .  Be  careful  of  where  your  led  it  is  not  the  best  path!  Find  you  own  way!

I am sure as more people discover the game the forums will grow seeking advice, guides, etc.  There is a lot of content on Discord and Youtube and that will transition over to other mediums as well.

I haven't seen Zephyr as often anymore.  When I look at other players hangers he is there but rarely do they use him.  I think he falls into the, "if I lose my main mech," category I will bring him out.

Mar 3, 2021, 05:1603/03/21
01/19/21

Hey  Rescue  try  though  I  may  I  have  still  been  unsuccessful in getting on  Discord .  I  seem  to  be  stuck  in  some  kind  of  loop  it  says  I  must  claim  the  account  and  then  it  tells  me  Im  already  registered  and  Im  still  stuck  in  limbo.  I  would  delete  everything  and  start over but  I  dont  see  the  mechanism to  achieve  that either.  

Mar 8, 2021, 03:2503/08/21
07/23/20

Sound like ur just mad your not making the progress you want 

RescueCommunity Manager
Mar 8, 2021, 14:4703/08/21
12/21/20
6ULDV8

Hey  Rescue  try  though  I  may  I  have  still  been  unsuccessful in getting on  Discord .  I  seem  to  be  stuck  in  some  kind  of  loop  it  says  I  must  claim  the  account  and  then  it  tells  me  Im  already  registered  and  Im  still  stuck  in  limbo.  I  would  delete  everything  and  start over but  I  dont  see  the  mechanism to  achieve  that either.  

I'll look into it.  Might be a matter of an email confirmation of something of the sort.

Mar 11, 2021, 14:1103/11/21
01/19/21

Feralsworn  not  mad  disappointed that  theyve  changed  the  model.  Enough  to  I  think  ill  just  move  on

RescueCommunity Manager
Mar 16, 2021, 13:3403/16/21
12/21/20
Rescue

Sorry to hear 6ULDV8.  I know you are not alone in your opinion of the rewards and A-Coins. There were some great things about this recent update and some things that are still being worked on.  I have had this conversation somewhat often recently so I get it.

For now be patient and know that again this is an experiment.  Things are still going to be released and some things will be changed but it can't all happen at once (mainly because it is hard to fix bugs).

If I get an update I will let you know as well in here.

For those who are not aware already, the rewards for A-Coins in tournaments will be reversed.

Also next patch will have new content: new mech, new weapon, and more!

i

Mar 24, 2021, 19:5103/24/21
01/19/21

One  more  time  developers  were  waiting,  impatiently!