All Categories

**NEW MECH** Redox

**NEW MECH** Redox

Search
RescueCommunity Manager
Feb 1, 2021, 18:5602/01/21
12/21/20

**NEW MECH** Redox

So on the Official Mech Arena Facebook page on January 19th announced a new mech was in development for the upcoming February update.

i

Concept art images have also been released to selective YouTubers as a sneak peak.

i

i

It is not 100% confirmed and changes are likely to still occur before the official release but the mech's ability will have something to do with a damage over time debuff for opposing mech's in its proximity.  It has been suggested that it will be some type of "chemical reaction" to pair with the mech's name "Redox" as in redox or oxidation reaction.

Looks pretty interesting.  I imagine its health and weapon capacity will be similar to Panther's as an offensive type mech.  Hopefully not like Cheetah's as a glass cannon.

DISCUSS.....

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 1, 2021, 19:4802/01/21
01/19/21

Don't  fall  into  that  trap  guys!  You  don't   need  a  new  mech!  you  would  be  better  served  listening  tomyour  players  and  fixing  some  of  the  existing  issues.  A  Cheetah  buff  for  one.  The  cost  of  the  Cheetah  is  out  of  sync  with  performance  and  everyone  says  about  the  same  thing.  Armor is  too  weak  and  mines  are  too  few  plus  lack        longevity .  That's  not  just  me saying  that.  The  random  swithing  in  the  targeting,  stagnant  challenges  same  old  CPC maps.  I  dont  have  one  yet  but  the  Railgun  16  looks  like  it's  going  to  destroy  any  kind  of  balance  in  the  game  due  to  it  being  so  powerful.  That  thing  is  going  to  oneshot  a  lot  of  mechs    efore  they  even  have  a  chance,  where's the  fun  in  that?  Last  but  not  least  the  mismatching  is  still  horrid.  I  kmow  you  use  AI  and  theyre  not  much  fun  to  kill  but  that's  better  than  having  a  couple  guys  with  phenomenal squad  power  dust  you  in  the  first  encounter again  and  again.  Seiously  Im  consistently  the  low  man  on  the  totem  pole  because  I  punch  above  my  weight  But,  sometimes  its  just  ridiculous.  Fix  these  things  before  you  go  adding  a  mech  we  dont  need.  Part  of  the  beauty  of  Mech.  Arena  is  its  simplicity,  dont  le that  go 

RescueCommunity Manager
Feb 1, 2021, 20:4902/01/21
12/21/20
6ULDV8

Don't  fall  into  that  trap  guys!  You  don't   need  a  new  mech!  you  would  be  better  served  listening  tomyour  players  and  fixing  some  of  the  existing  issues.  A  Cheetah  buff  for  one.  The  cost  of  the  Cheetah  is  out  of  sync  with  performance  and  everyone  says  about  the  same  thing.  Armor is  too  weak  and  mines  are  too  few  plus  lack        longevity .  That's  not  just  me saying  that.  The  random  swithing  in  the  targeting,  stagnant  challenges  same  old  CPC maps.  I  dont  have  one  yet  but  the  Railgun  16  looks  like  it's  going  to  destroy  any  kind  of  balance  in  the  game  due  to  it  being  so  powerful.  That  thing  is  going  to  oneshot  a  lot  of  mechs    efore  they  even  have  a  chance,  where's the  fun  in  that?  Last  but  not  least  the  mismatching  is  still  horrid.  I  kmow  you  use  AI  and  theyre  not  much  fun  to  kill  but  that's  better  than  having  a  couple  guys  with  phenomenal squad  power  dust  you  in  the  first  encounter again  and  again.  Seiously  Im  consistently  the  low  man  on  the  totem  pole  because  I  punch  above  my  weight  But,  sometimes  its  just  ridiculous.  Fix  these  things  before  you  go  adding  a  mech  we  dont  need.  Part  of  the  beauty  of  Mech.  Arena  is  its  simplicity,  dont  le that  go 

Guess I shouldn't mention they are also adding a new weapon in February as well.

Mech Area - Disk Launcher 

Feb 2, 2021, 05:5902/02/21
01/19/21

So  Rescue,  where  do  you,come  down  on  the  new  mech?  Did  you,ever  play  a  little  game  called  War  Robots?  They  did  the  same  kind  of  thing.  New  this ,  new  that   it  got  so  complex  with too  many  specialty  mechs  ,  drones  etc...  you  played  catch  up  for  a  gold  ring  always  oit  of  reach.  Not  that I  ever  expect  to  max  out  in  any  game  but  there  are  more  things  that  keep  it  interesting  than  another  bot  or  gun.  You'll  notice  there  are  many  weapons  and  mechs  that  hit  a  plateau  at  lvl.  6.  Incentive  to  continue  upgrades rather  than  a  freebie  copy  would  be  reduced  reload times  or  

Feb 2, 2021, 07:1802/02/21
01/19/21

oooops ----  For  a  mech  maybe  an  option  on  a  special  ability.  For  instance  a  little  health  patch  or  a  speed  boost,  it  doesn't  take  another  robot  or  a  weapon  to  keep  MA  viable.  more  maps  would  be  nice.  Not  having  a  specific  series  of  maps  that  repeat  in  tourneys  would  be  nice.  As  it  stands  now  all  the  container  style  maps  are  lumped  together  as  well  as  the  Greco/Roman  and  architecturals.  Mix  it  up  a  little.  I'm  not  a  code  writer  but  could  you  add  comtrol  points  to  a  tourney  map for  extra  mileage?  Can  you  pull  CP's  from  a  reg  map  and  use  them  in  a  tournament?               

I  know  one  thing  you  don't  need  is  a  more powerful weapon!  Maybe  a  longer  range  Javelin  rack  or  a  direct  fire  EMP  cannon  that  will  target  a  single  mech  medium  to  long  range  but  not  another  hunk  of  hardware  like  a  railgun!  There  are  plenty  of  players  who  bully  their opponents  with  superior weapons  because they lack  the  skill  to  compete  on  an  even  playing  field.  Finesse,  tactics,  knowing  your  loadout  and  your  hardwares  specific  capabilities  is  what  make any  game  fun.,  not  just  this  one.  Would  you  want  to  fight  a   2  star  lvl  1  Lancer  with  a  maxed  out  panther ?  No  it  would  just  be  target  practice.

The  controls  could  use  some  tweaking.  The  slide  disc  for  movement  for  one.  I  like  the  sprint  but  there  is  an  indicator  that  is  virtually  useless.  The  indicator  should  be  a stand  alone   button  you  can  activate  that times  out  like  your  other  ability   controls.  Auto  targeting  needs  to  just  go  away !  I  can't  count  the  times  while  firing  on  a  target  it  will  switch  to  another   mech  that's come  into  range .  Radar  and  targeting  should  be  separated  and  independent!  While  on  the  subject  of  radar  how  about  a  warning  when  your  being  targeted?  A  tone  or  flashing  light  indicating  a  direction  pinpointing   your  attacker.                                                         

Bottom line  there's a  lot  more  things  to  change  that  will  add  to  the  game  other  than  a  new  mech  or  a  weapon.

RescueCommunity Manager
Feb 2, 2021, 18:2502/02/21
12/21/20

6ULDV8, based on the current meta of the game I think it will struggle upon release if it is indeed geared as an offensive type mech.  Right now in the meta as you progress there is a heavy emphasis on long-range weapons whether it be javelin, longarm, mortar, missle rack, or railguns.  Even if you say it has a high weapon capactiy of 24, if the ability of Redox is a local AOE effect around the mech then it doesn't pair well with long ranged weapons.  

Why would you want to get close to another mech to use your local AOE ability if all your weapons and the opposing teams weapons are long-ranged?  You will be dead before you get close enough to cast it.  Worst case you have Javelin, Mortar, or Longarm and you cant fire at all from that close distance.

You could make the argument that the DEV team is trying to change the meta or balance it.  This likely could be the case if they also adjust health, damage, and weapons to current OP mechs in the global release as they have suggested they will.

However, if nothing changes elsewhere upon its release and it doesn't have good health or defense you would be better off taking Paragon as it will have a 24 capacity weapon slot and its skill provides some utility to move or run away versus a local AOE attack which will never be used near anyone in the current meta.

My hope is the DEV team will adjust some of the long-ranged weapon damage to allow for defensive and utility mechs to become an alternative player path.

TLDR:  It will likely be another Cheetah, as you will never get close enough to actually use your local AOE ability effectively in the current long-ranged weapon meta.

Feb 2, 2021, 22:2502/02/21
01/19/21

It  will  take  time  to digest  your  "take" .  I'm  really  not  so  sure  I  like  the  very  limited  range  on  the  sys.  crash                  (  Guardian  )  and  EMP  (  Zephyr)  as  they  stand  now.  Radar  and  an  EWS  not  withstanding  it  is  challenging  to  keep  up  with  surroundings.  You  sound  like  a  man  with  a  vision.  

Feb 4, 2021, 14:0302/04/21
08/22/20

can soeone tell me redox price and xp

RescueCommunity Manager
Feb 4, 2021, 15:0102/04/21
12/21/20
RR GAMING

can soeone tell me redox price and xp

No one knows as it hasn't been released yet.  

Start saving your A-Coins becuase I doubt it will be free upon release.  It might be discounted though.  I don't think they are going to make it very hard to obtain.  Most games always have a low threshold for new content so it can be enjoyed. 

Feb 4, 2021, 18:3302/04/21
02/04/21

It looks like an Ares with some tweeks.  There are already enough decent bots with different abilities and they spread them out enough to where you have to play for a while to get them.  I think it's good where it's at and would probably focus on more maps than bots.  I can't tell you how many times I will play the same map repeatedly when I am running solo matches.