All Categories

My thoughts on EM Rifle Nerf

Search
Jun 1, 2023, 08:3806/01/23
08/20/22

Many players might have heard of the changes regarding the EM Rifles and Miniguns. So here is a summary, Minigun got it's damaged buffed meanwhile the EM Rifle got played dirty. So here are the changes that the EM Rifles recieved:

1. Auto Target removed

2. Double Damage Chance decreased from 75% to 55%

No here are my thoughts on the nerf. Now I am a user of EM Rifles so I have actual gameplay experience and have not solely relied on YouTube videos. The EM Rifles were somewhat imbalanced before. They just tried to make it a balanced weapon. The removal of Auto Target meant that now you had to have a keen eye to hit the target instead of the weapon aiming it for you. As for the Double Damage Chance, I actually think that they evened the odds of it and I am happy for it. Now to sum, the EM Rifles just now require good skill to utilize thier full potential. Do tell me if you agree or disagree. These were just my own thoughts. If you disagree, I can understand.

Views
Comments
Comments
CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
Jun 1, 2023, 08:4106/01/23
02/10/23

Hello! Yes, you understood this change in the way we've planned it to be. Nevertheless, as it's seen, the nerf caused a pretty controversial reaction for many players that took us to investigate this case deeply. Thus, it's what we are doing right now!

Jun 1, 2023, 08:4906/01/23
08/20/22

Thanks for your responce, I actually want to educate players on decisions that you make to try to keep the community a place of peace as I am aware that you are probabbly are getting like millions of messages regarding the nerf.

Jun 1, 2023, 08:5006/01/23
08/20/22

This community is like a happy place for me as I spend my free time just being a member of the community.

Jun 1, 2023, 09:1906/01/23
02/10/23
ALPHA TITAN

This community is like a happy place for me as I spend my free time just being a member of the community.

Glad you enjoy being a part of the community! I love working with the community as well, and I really care about the players who are upset about the recent rebalance. Still, I'm sure we will deal with this issue 😉

Jun 1, 2023, 14:2006/01/23
03/02/23

Removing the auto aim gives the EM rifle a disadvantage over other sniper weapons at this point. Other weapons fire without a delay, so when the weapon is fired, players don't have to maintain their aim. The EM rifle also telegraphs its shot with the laser, letting your opponents know that the shot is coming. It requires even more skill than other weapons, making it less than a legendary weapon.

For many, especially in higher rank SP matches, EM rifles were an equalizer, helping to fend off other overpowered mechs and weapons, where now they're a liability. Some may think the changes balanced the game, but based on the responses on forums and through the in-game chat, it seems far more feel the opposite, and Plarium is choosing to listen to the few over the many, constantly trying to push a narrative that it was necessary, rather than accepting and owning that it was a mistake and that they are at fault. Almost every response to criticism about the changes I've seen from Plarium support has tinge of disdain and resentment toward players who don't agree with Plarium's decision.

The biggest issue is that a lot of players purchased the weapon and upgrades because of what it was, with the expectation that it would stay as such. If they are receiving so much backlash, then that should be a clear sign that any change wasn't welcome, and if Plarium intends to keep the changes, then they should be prepared to eat the cost and refund players who request for the cost of the EM rigle and upgrades in exchange for those players losing the weapon. I'm sure there are a lot of players who would accept losing their EM rifles at this point in exchange for the money they spent on it. The problem is that Plarium seems to have no intention of doing this, they made all the money they wanted on a weapon that they designed to be popular, then changed it to encourage players to purchase other weapons with no expectation to give players their money back.

Everything I've seen, it seems like Plarium's concern hasn't been game balance or players' satisfaction of the game, it's been making money. They made a quality, highly sought after weapon, that they would only sell. Once most people who would buy it did, they changed it to encourage players to buy other items, while refusing to refund any money. If them making the EM rifles as they were was mistake, then they should be prepared to lose the money they made off of it, if they aren't prepared to lose the money they made, then the way the weapon was wasn't a mistake, and didn't need to be changed.

Jun 1, 2023, 14:4006/01/23
02/10/23
Dar Sivart

Removing the auto aim gives the EM rifle a disadvantage over other sniper weapons at this point. Other weapons fire without a delay, so when the weapon is fired, players don't have to maintain their aim. The EM rifle also telegraphs its shot with the laser, letting your opponents know that the shot is coming. It requires even more skill than other weapons, making it less than a legendary weapon.

For many, especially in higher rank SP matches, EM rifles were an equalizer, helping to fend off other overpowered mechs and weapons, where now they're a liability. Some may think the changes balanced the game, but based on the responses on forums and through the in-game chat, it seems far more feel the opposite, and Plarium is choosing to listen to the few over the many, constantly trying to push a narrative that it was necessary, rather than accepting and owning that it was a mistake and that they are at fault. Almost every response to criticism about the changes I've seen from Plarium support has tinge of disdain and resentment toward players who don't agree with Plarium's decision.

The biggest issue is that a lot of players purchased the weapon and upgrades because of what it was, with the expectation that it would stay as such. If they are receiving so much backlash, then that should be a clear sign that any change wasn't welcome, and if Plarium intends to keep the changes, then they should be prepared to eat the cost and refund players who request for the cost of the EM rigle and upgrades in exchange for those players losing the weapon. I'm sure there are a lot of players who would accept losing their EM rifles at this point in exchange for the money they spent on it. The problem is that Plarium seems to have no intention of doing this, they made all the money they wanted on a weapon that they designed to be popular, then changed it to encourage players to purchase other weapons with no expectation to give players their money back.

Everything I've seen, it seems like Plarium's concern hasn't been game balance or players' satisfaction of the game, it's been making money. They made a quality, highly sought after weapon, that they would only sell. Once most people who would buy it did, they changed it to encourage players to buy other items, while refusing to refund any money. If them making the EM rifles as they were was mistake, then they should be prepared to lose the money they made off of it, if they aren't prepared to lose the money they made, then the way the weapon was wasn't a mistake, and didn't need to be changed.

I've already explained to you the reasons why we decided to make this nerf. And still, the case is being investigated right now.

Jun 1, 2023, 17:4406/01/23
03/30/23

I feel the biggest issue with the nerf is the money & resources spent on the weapon as it was....Other then that I feel it's still a powerful weapon, I still get one shot enough times by  the EM. The argument for the telegraphed shot, other rifel weapons having more ammo, & consecutive shots ( with the exception of Gauss) are really null & void. After first shot of any sniper I can tell where they are. It takes a full mag for some of the other rifles to do what EM does in one.... only other would be rail...& shots are delayed enough where someone can find cover or u miss. I play on my phone so I deal with it enough to notice & I have also used all the sniping weapons before in some kind of 

Jun 1, 2023, 19:3506/01/23
04/02/22
CrystalDrew

I've already explained to you the reasons why we decided to make this nerf. And still, the case is being investigated right now.

Dude, what you dont understand is that EM is not the only problem you should have fixed. Guys running around with mortars and sp droppers with maxed weapons and bots. OP bots with unbelievable accuracy. Try fixing matchmaking for instance.

And why the heck would you guys buff minigun. Was it necessary??. From Plariums point of view it was necessary so that more players would spend their money to buy and max this weapon to a point where you guys can nerf it. Same as we did with EMs right??

I have encountered bots with ems on my new account with 100 percent accuracy. Do you guys still think em nerf would balance the playing field. I dont know how much delusional you guys are.

Have you guys ever run into a hangar with maxed discs, mortars and railguns. They use only 3 maxed mechs to play with low level players. What do you say about that. Like I mentioned you guys dont fix what was necessary, but dumb us with more weapons and pilots.

Redeemers nerf, what was that for? You guys are just another Pixonic. 

Im still playing this circus of a game, cause I invested in it, especially on EMs. I have the right to rant cause I paid for it. You guys can do me a favour and refund my money and delete my account. Im done with this game. It frustrating to deal with you clowns replying with cut and paste messages.

Oh and you guys are coming with new progress path update right. Thats to make new and mid level players to spend money so that they can unlock stuff right. And then what, to get them matched these sp droppers so they can get wrecked right. Which will make them spend more to reach top right.

I mentioned once about dumbing us with new stuff, instead of doing that why dont you guys invest time fixing matchmaking.

Jun 2, 2023, 11:3206/02/23
02/10/23
RedRaven7

Dude, what you dont understand is that EM is not the only problem you should have fixed. Guys running around with mortars and sp droppers with maxed weapons and bots. OP bots with unbelievable accuracy. Try fixing matchmaking for instance.

And why the heck would you guys buff minigun. Was it necessary??. From Plariums point of view it was necessary so that more players would spend their money to buy and max this weapon to a point where you guys can nerf it. Same as we did with EMs right??

I have encountered bots with ems on my new account with 100 percent accuracy. Do you guys still think em nerf would balance the playing field. I dont know how much delusional you guys are.

Have you guys ever run into a hangar with maxed discs, mortars and railguns. They use only 3 maxed mechs to play with low level players. What do you say about that. Like I mentioned you guys dont fix what was necessary, but dumb us with more weapons and pilots.

Redeemers nerf, what was that for? You guys are just another Pixonic. 

Im still playing this circus of a game, cause I invested in it, especially on EMs. I have the right to rant cause I paid for it. You guys can do me a favour and refund my money and delete my account. Im done with this game. It frustrating to deal with you clowns replying with cut and paste messages.

Oh and you guys are coming with new progress path update right. Thats to make new and mid level players to spend money so that they can unlock stuff right. And then what, to get them matched these sp droppers so they can get wrecked right. Which will make them spend more to reach top right.

I mentioned once about dumbing us with new stuff, instead of doing that why dont you guys invest time fixing matchmaking.

The EM Rifle nerf is one of the steps to make the game balanced. We've never mentioned that this move will solve all the issues we have in the balance. Still, it's an important and helpful step in terms of balance. And yes, the question is still relevant and open, but we are investigating it to improve things.

The Minigun buff was caused in the same way - we've collected feedback, processed it, and calculated whether this change is helpful or not.

We are working on the bots and their behavior. All the feedback is collected and may help us to make them better in the near future!

The so-called Redeemer's nerf was its initial feature that was missed. We brought it back to make it meet its original purposes.

The New Progress System is aimed to make the game more structured (thus balanced), make all the Mechs/Weapons available to acquire, and make this system seamless, transparent, and flexible. You can find more about it here, here, and here.

The SP dropping is another point that evolves while we are fixing it. Still, we are constantly working on preventing such kind of game abuse, and it seems like many of our steps brought good consequences as the number of droppers decreased. Still, they adapt, and we do our best to deal with them.

More about releasing the new Content I've already told you in the other comment.

Jun 6, 2023, 16:4506/06/23
12/08/22
ALPHA TITAN

Thanks for your responce, I actually want to educate players on decisions that you make to try to keep the community a place of peace as I am aware that you are probabbly are getting like millions of messages regarding the nerf.

il fatto e' , ma forse non te ne sei accorto,  che il fucile EM  e costoso   . e portarlo a livello massimo  si e' speso sodli veri, visto che i progetti ne esce uno ogni 6 mesi.. mentre il rocket mortar , arma comune  , i progetti vengono regalati ad ogni aperture di cassa.   differenza.. EM rifle cmq SI doveva ricercare il rpoprio bersaglio, seguirlo e colpire, mentre rocket mortar  si siede in fondo alla mappa, si prende un caffe , legge il giornale , e clicca  fuoco  appena ricarica.  dunque chi ha speso soldi si ritrova un arma che non e' l'arma per la quale abbiamo pagato, mentre  chi usa R. M. continua ad uccidere senza alcun sforzo... tutto il resto sono discorsi inutili

Jun 6, 2023, 22:4906/06/23
Jun 6, 2023, 22:56(edited)
04/10/23

Bottom line is this (I cannot make this any simpler)...

People paid money for something that was altered after purchase (and not even that long after). I don't care that it was nerfed (I really don't). Nerf whatever you want BUT if REAL MONEY was involved then credit us (I would HAPPILY take a credit so I can apply it toward ANOTHER purchase) or refund us. I like this game and would happily reinvest the money.

What the devs/sales team is not getting is that if you pay for something then you expect to get what you paid for. It's like buying a computer (expecting a certain performance) and then getting an update from the manufacturer that slows down your processing speed or RAM processing. If I got bricked from the manufacturer you KNOW that computer is going back the next day.

When you buy something you expect it to be WHAT IT IS AT PURCHASE. I WOULD HAVE NEVER PURCHASED THE RIFLE IF IT WAS HOW IT IS NOW. Since you all removed features from something that was bought you should feel inclined to give us a credit or a refund because you all pulled a bait and switch on people that purchased that rifle. If you advertise something as auto targetting then it needs to stay as such or else a huge part of that weapon's appeal is gone. 

At this point I would take the equivalent amount of a-coins as compensation for purchasing this paperweight. I never use the weapon anymore and I hate that I just threw money out the window for it.

Mind you, this rant is based on mobile gameplay. I know EM rifles are a little easier to play with if a mouse is involved but I choose not to play this game on a computer and that is my prerogative. You shouldn't have to utilize an entirely different system to use a specific weapon in this game.

Jun 7, 2023, 13:0806/07/23
08/04/22

I think Lord pew pew sums it up perfectly. I actually prefer Ems this way as I'm pc based but I wholeheartedly agree that for many mobile users it's rendered a legendary weapon not as advertised and certainly not as legendary anymore. Balance has no relevance to people wanting money back they simply feel deceived and are now far far less likely, indeed the whole community, to purchase premium content in future in case it happens again. 

Jun 7, 2023, 15:5606/07/23
12/08/22

then you still don't realize that we paid real money for what it was, we don't care about your loads of useless words.. THEY SCAMMED period, nothing more will make me spend in this game run by dishonest people. maybe you are a palrium employee ?? because you're the only one who talks like this over 70% pissed off gamers.