All Categories

EM rifle nerf has nothing to do with balance

Search
May 28, 2023, 04:3105/28/23
03/02/23

Through an in-game support response in regard to the EM rifle nerf, I received this response:

i

This makes it abundantly clear that the nerf had nothing to do with balance. Through this response's own admission, almost every player in the game has been using EM rifles. If this is the case, balance would be created simply through the virtue of almost every player using the same weapon. It's clear that the issue is that players had a preference towards this weapon, so as long as it existed in the form it had, people were going to be less inclined to purchase other weapons. It's also clear why they don't want to give any refunds if so many players purchased the item. They made the money they wanted by creating a quality weapon, then reduced its quality once a large portion of the community purchased it in order to encourage the sale of other less desirable weapons. This was never about balance.

Views
Comments
Comments
May 28, 2023, 12:0605/28/23
10/18/22

You should also nerf disk launcher then

May 28, 2023, 18:3305/28/23
04/02/22

They didnt care about balance when every player used mortars. They didnt care about op bots.

They got what they wanted by making many people purchase EMs. They said not everyone likes to use EM but are forced to use it. Then what about mortars, not everyone liked to use it even now itself did they balance it by nerfing. No.

They talk about fair play but couldnt fix matchmaking. Couldnt do anything about fix what was needed.

They nerfed EM but buffed Minigun again. Balancing by buffing other weapon, really. They are nothing but robbers.

May 28, 2023, 22:2105/28/23
Jun 1, 2023, 20:16(edited)
04/10/23

Lol, "but they are forced to use it due to its power"

CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
May 29, 2023, 11:5305/29/23
02/10/23
RedRaven7

They didnt care about balance when every player used mortars. They didnt care about op bots.

They got what they wanted by making many people purchase EMs. They said not everyone likes to use EM but are forced to use it. Then what about mortars, not everyone liked to use it even now itself did they balance it by nerfing. No.

They talk about fair play but couldnt fix matchmaking. Couldnt do anything about fix what was needed.

They nerfed EM but buffed Minigun again. Balancing by buffing other weapon, really. They are nothing but robbers.

Hello! The balance, along with Matchmaking, are complicated mechanics that require a comprehensive intervention to make any changes/improvements/fixes. We need to take certain steps to make the game better eventually. The changes you've mentioned are one of these steps. We understand your pain about this situation, but just give it some time to ensure the game's getting better while EM Rifle is still powerful 

May 30, 2023, 16:3305/30/23
03/10/23
CrystalDrew

Hello! The balance, along with Matchmaking, are complicated mechanics that require a comprehensive intervention to make any changes/improvements/fixes. We need to take certain steps to make the game better eventually. The changes you've mentioned are one of these steps. We understand your pain about this situation, but just give it some time to ensure the game's getting better while EM Rifle is still powerful 

So Ive posted my thoughts on this issue on several threads and I keep checking back in to see if things changed ... They haven't ! DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY!!!! its bait and switch you sold us one thing and then drastically changed it. I keep seeing ther post about balance give me a break you havent done a thing to mortors the arc torrent is supposed to be a close range weapon but 2sec burst from 70meters Im dead. I actualy am sad that this false line keeps coming out , I had really enjoyed the game until the change,   The mods repaeting the same balance issue is falling on def ears and I dont think they will adress this issue to many of our likings so spend your time and money realizing that tomorrow they can and will change things in order to get you to pull your credit card out and go in a new direction b/c the build you had is no GARBAGE.

May 30, 2023, 18:2805/30/23
12/08/22

but in this way they have not achieved their goal, in a game managed by SCAMMERS, they will no longer spend any euros, the frustration of rocket mortars is higher than a simple EM, the developers know nothing about the game, and the damage caused ...now DOMINATE ROCKET MORTAR, and whoever uses the LOW HANGAR trick, therefore it is useless to insist on spending to have weapons, when a player with a low hangar always wins. this game IS NOT AT ALL BALANCED, BUT ONLY BENEFITS THE SMART, i.e. those who don't spend, but win everything in tournaments, going to play in the lower ranks, so it's enough to worry about spending on new useless weapons.

May 30, 2023, 18:3305/30/23
12/08/22
CrystalDrew

then return the money spent for your mistakes, you sold me an EM - with certain characteristics, I spent real money to upgrade it, pilot, etc etc. I don't use a low hangar so I spend, you betrayed me, I don't spend anymore this is your result., it was not EM- the problem is the game itself which is not done well, too many inconsistencies... not EM- it has nothing to do with it.

May 31, 2023, 09:4405/31/23
02/10/23
Wheelz

So Ive posted my thoughts on this issue on several threads and I keep checking back in to see if things changed ... They haven't ! DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY!!!! its bait and switch you sold us one thing and then drastically changed it. I keep seeing ther post about balance give me a break you havent done a thing to mortors the arc torrent is supposed to be a close range weapon but 2sec burst from 70meters Im dead. I actualy am sad that this false line keeps coming out , I had really enjoyed the game until the change,   The mods repaeting the same balance issue is falling on def ears and I dont think they will adress this issue to many of our likings so spend your time and money realizing that tomorrow they can and will change things in order to get you to pull your credit card out and go in a new direction b/c the build you had is no GARBAGE.

Hello! According to our calculations, Mortars and Arc Torrents are not that damaging to the balance as well as such complaints are not widespread in the community, unlike EM Rifle, about which we'd been receiving a lot of feedback for months. I want to emphasize that the reason for the rebalance we've made is to make the game better for everyone, not worse (that's why EM Rifle remains one of the most potent Weapons in the game).

Nevertheless, we see your reaction to this nerf. Right now, we are investigating this case.

May 31, 2023, 09:5705/31/23
May 31, 2023, 09:57(edited)
02/10/23
Scoppiato

then return the money spent for your mistakes, you sold me an EM - with certain characteristics, I spent real money to upgrade it, pilot, etc etc. I don't use a low hangar so I spend, you betrayed me, I don't spend anymore this is your result., it was not EM- the problem is the game itself which is not done well, too many inconsistencies... not EM- it has nothing to do with it.

Hello! Rebalancing is only one (but very important) step to make the game more balanced. Of course, it's impossible to change such a core element as the balance immediately, but still, it will help us a lot to make it successful.

Talking about the Matchmaking and the lowering account trick, we are constantly working on it and have already made many improvements. Nevertheless, abusers are trying to find new loopholes to trick Matchmaking. We are working hard to resolve this issue, but it may take time due to its complexity.

Rocket Mortar is an Artillery, so its initial purpose is to damage an area massively - it's the main benefit of this Weapon. The drawback is obvious - it's useless for short-length attacks. Comparing Rocket Mortart to EM Rifle is unfair, as they have different types, and Sniper Weapons have their own pros and cons.

Returning to the topic of the EM Rifle rebalance, the Weapon was too powerful compared to all the rest of the Content in the game, especially considering it a Sniper Weapon. Nevertheless, we kept it one of the top Weapons, and it's still possible to one-shot enemies with EM Rifle.

As I mentioned above, we see your reaction to this nerf, and we are investigating this case.

May 31, 2023, 17:0205/31/23
03/10/23
CrystalDrew

Hello! Rebalancing is only one (but very important) step to make the game more balanced. Of course, it's impossible to change such a core element as the balance immediately, but still, it will help us a lot to make it successful.

Talking about the Matchmaking and the lowering account trick, we are constantly working on it and have already made many improvements. Nevertheless, abusers are trying to find new loopholes to trick Matchmaking. We are working hard to resolve this issue, but it may take time due to its complexity.

Rocket Mortar is an Artillery, so its initial purpose is to damage an area massively - it's the main benefit of this Weapon. The drawback is obvious - it's useless for short-length attacks. Comparing Rocket Mortart to EM Rifle is unfair, as they have different types, and Sniper Weapons have their own pros and cons.

Returning to the topic of the EM Rifle rebalance, the Weapon was too powerful compared to all the rest of the Content in the game, especially considering it a Sniper Weapon. Nevertheless, we kept it one of the top Weapons, and it's still possible to one-shot enemies with EM Rifle.

As I mentioned above, we see your reaction to this nerf, and we are investigating this case.

Strange you adress all his points but the his request to have his money back???? Can you not see how people have spent alot of money on there build to have it drasticaly changed... Give people in game credit to go in a diff direction buy back there pilot upgrades and all that so a person doesnt feel so cheated. I havent logged in since the day the change was made played for a bit and was so pissed and Ive been watching and waiting for some responce from a mod that would make me change my mind and come back.

Jun 1, 2023, 08:5906/01/23
02/10/23
Wheelz

Strange you adress all his points but the his request to have his money back???? Can you not see how people have spent alot of money on there build to have it drasticaly changed... Give people in game credit to go in a diff direction buy back there pilot upgrades and all that so a person doesnt feel so cheated. I havent logged in since the day the change was made played for a bit and was so pissed and Ive been watching and waiting for some responce from a mod that would make me change my mind and come back.

Hello! Pay attention to my last sentence, "We see your reaction to this nerf, and we are investigating this case." It's a direct answer to your question. Long story short, we are working on it and researching a proper solution.

Jun 1, 2023, 14:2906/01/23
03/02/23
CrystalDrew

Hello! Pay attention to my last sentence, "We see your reaction to this nerf, and we are investigating this case." It's a direct answer to your question. Long story short, we are working on it and researching a proper solution.

If the changes put into place aren't correct, then the changes should be rolled back while Plarium researches a proper solution. Ultimately, if the solution is to change the weapon, then the solution should include refunding players what they spent on the items and upgrades if a player requests.

Jun 1, 2023, 14:3106/01/23
02/10/23
Dar Sivart

If the changes put into place aren't correct, then the changes should be rolled back while Plarium researches a proper solution. Ultimately, if the solution is to change the weapon, then the solution should include refunding players what they spent on the items and upgrades if a player requests.

That's why we are defining the steps we will take next for this issue. And your thoughts will be considered as well!

Jun 1, 2023, 19:4106/01/23
04/02/22
CrystalDrew

So what, Miniguns werent powerful enough. MA developers be like, lets buff minigun to restore balance in the game...

Fixing matchmaking will be done eventually, I have been playing the game since beta, it has been over a year and still you guys dont have the time to fix matchmaking, but have time to dumb was with more mechs and weapons. Really.

Jun 1, 2023, 19:5906/01/23
04/02/22
CrystalDrew

Hello! According to our calculations, Mortars and Arc Torrents are not that damaging to the balance as well as such complaints are not widespread in the community, unlike EM Rifle, about which we'd been receiving a lot of feedback for months. I want to emphasize that the reason for the rebalance we've made is to make the game better for everyone, not worse (that's why EM Rifle remains one of the most potent Weapons in the game).

Nevertheless, we see your reaction to this nerf. Right now, we are investigating this case.

Why was that, you guys didnt test the weapons in the early developing stages. Even a beta game does a lot of testing before rolling it out. You guys didnt do that, or even if you guys did, you did a bad job.

You guys still went and roll out the weapons for a couple of months making players spend money to buy it. You guys capitalized on that and since more than more 80 percent of the players had it,  you nerfed it. This is nothing but a scam.

More players complained about overpowered bots, have you guys fixed it. No right. That show s your greediness

Jun 2, 2023, 11:0206/02/23
02/10/23
RedRaven7

So what, Miniguns werent powerful enough. MA developers be like, lets buff minigun to restore balance in the game...

Fixing matchmaking will be done eventually, I have been playing the game since beta, it has been over a year and still you guys dont have the time to fix matchmaking, but have time to dumb was with more mechs and weapons. Really.

We are constantly working on the Matchmaking system. It's one of the core mechanics of the game that requires permanent improvements, and it cannot be somehow fixed instantly. It's a long comprehensive process taking a lot of time, which relates to many other in-game mechanics. Even if it doesn't that much noticeable to you, be sure that the work is in progress 👌 (and right now there is active work on the bots)

Adding new Content doesn't affect the work on the Matchmaking as different teams do these activities. While releasing new Content, we consider keeping the Balance, but sometimes we need to change it to make the game remain to perform well. No Mech/Pilot/Weapon enters the game all of a sudden without preliminary moves. 

Jun 3, 2023, 16:2306/03/23
04/02/22
CrystalDrew

We are constantly working on the Matchmaking system. It's one of the core mechanics of the game that requires permanent improvements, and it cannot be somehow fixed instantly. It's a long comprehensive process taking a lot of time, which relates to many other in-game mechanics. Even if it doesn't that much noticeable to you, be sure that the work is in progress 👌 (and right now there is active work on the bots)

Adding new Content doesn't affect the work on the Matchmaking as different teams do these activities. While releasing new Content, we consider keeping the Balance, but sometimes we need to change it to make the game remain to perform well. No Mech/Pilot/Weapon enters the game all of a sudden without preliminary moves. 

How long till the game dies. You guys are a joke

Jun 9, 2023, 01:0406/09/23
04/10/23
Wheelz

Thanks for the heads up, guys. I was about to buy the EM Rifle 16 from the shop thinking that it will be my end-game weapon.