All Categories

EM Riffle Nerf....  just Sad

EM Riffle Nerf.... just Sad

Search
May 23, 2023, 16:3305/23/23
05/23/23

EM Riffle Nerf.... just Sad

Well isn't this just PATHETIC?.. the only real sniper in the game was ruined. I mean, come on, a sniper is generally known to be an OP weapon. It's supposed to be a one-shot-kill weapon. That's the purpose of a sniper and the Em Riffle was the closest thing to that and now it's ruined. that ain't a problem. the problem is they had us pay real hard-earned CASH for it. We expected it to perform well, being a so-called "Legendary". it should definitely have some insane traits. only to have us ripped off by having it nerfed a few days later. these money-hungry scumms. like what the hell?? speaking on behalf of all folks who bought it, id say we would like our money back thank you very much. The weapon we are left with is useless.

the developers were probably like " Hmmm in addition to removing the aim assist. for a weapon with only one shot in the magazine and also a delay time before the fire. how else can we rip off the players who bought it with real cash? ahh got it a damage debuff too!". Pathetic.  and they have the audacity to say afterwards."Don't worry folks it is still a strong weapon". Strong my ass.  if ur gonna take off the aim assist at least push up the damage or the other way around.But taking a double L for the em riffle. that's just sad. 

Ever heard of disc launchers?? hello if any weapon needs a debuff it's that. but no the developers wanted to ruin the only good sniper.

Very Very disappointed. as someone who paid real hard-earned cash for it. we deserve to be compensated...

it was my favourite weapon and now I don't even wanna use it over the long arm. Very Very painful to see. 

It ruined my motivation to play. 

Good Job developers!

Views
Comments
Comments
May 23, 2023, 16:5405/23/23
08/03/22

totalmente de acuerdo, se dijo lo que tenia que decirse. La verdad que hacen el juego para los que no gastan nada, y lo que mantienen el juego son perjudicados.

May 23, 2023, 17:0405/23/23
05/06/23

> It's supposed to be a one-shot-kill weapon 

In the real world.  In a game, that just frustrates everyone else.  Even two shots is a bit much in a game with dual-weaponry.  Three is about the minimum that should be available if you want to minimize player dissatisfaction - don't forget, it's not just you playing,some of your opponents AREN'T bots and if they get 1-shotted too often they're going to leave and then all you'll have to play against is bots.

But yes, if you paid for it you should be irritated that you didn't get what you paid for.

May 23, 2023, 17:4105/23/23
May 23, 2023, 17:47(edited)
05/23/23
Max Rage

In the real world.  In a game, that just frustrates everyone else.  Even two shots is a bit much in a game with dual-weaponry.  Three is about the minimum that should be available if you want to minimize player dissatisfaction - don't forget, it's not just you playing,some of your opponents AREN'T bots and if they get 1-shotted too often they're going to leave and then all you'll have to play against is bots.

But yes, if you paid for it you should be irritated that you didn't get what you paid for.

Thats fair. I agree. I agree the weapon can be brutal for other players and a damage reduction would suffice. But the aim assists too?? come on, that was crucial for a weapon with 1 bullet in the mag, plus a delayed shot. I know it's a rough weapon but so are many other weapons as well. Disk launchers and Missile racks(technically isn't a one-shot killer. but It sure feels like it) to name a few. This is all fine for the sake of balance. ( To be real, if they really cared about balance, they would have made a lot more weapons accessible with in-game currency). The sad part is the fact that they had the gun on sale and encouraged us to buy it a few days prior to nerfing it. That feels like a rip-off and is upsetting.

With the riffle's current state, I don't see any reason to use it over the Long Arms which is a normal rarity sniper accessible to all. If we are Paying for a "legendary" sniper exclusive only to real cash payments. we expect it to be significantly better than that which is of an "uncommon" rarity and which is freely accessible. wouldn't you agree?   unfortunately, now it doesn't meet that expectation. 

May 23, 2023, 17:5505/23/23
02/07/23
Max Rage

Im affraid you are just more than wrong my unknow friend. :-) 

Railgun has biggest damage per shot, usually you are killed instantly with no warning (free from progress path)

Rocket mortars....if you play open map there is no place to hide...You got killed by mortars or by enemy when you running coverless from mortar rain (free from progress path)

"Disco launchers"....you kill group of enenemies without direct hit, just hit near (not closest) obstacle...ridiculous.

EMs was OPed I agree.  75% DD chance is truly too much. But autoaim was balanced by delay. 

Autoaim was universal method how to play sniper rifles on mobile users against PC users.

Honestly If you had EMs and you faced Railguns, Railguns mostly wins because of lack of delay and biggest one shot damage ;-)

So this wasnt game balncing....You will still facing overranked mechs and weapons and EM nerf made no changes toward this issue. 

May 23, 2023, 17:5805/23/23
03/02/23
Haizam Risham

Thats fair. I agree. I agree the weapon can be brutal for other players and a damage reduction would suffice. But the aim assists too?? come on, that was crucial for a weapon with 1 bullet in the mag, plus a delayed shot. I know it's a rough weapon but so are many other weapons as well. Disk launchers and Missile racks(technically isn't a one-shot killer. but It sure feels like it) to name a few. This is all fine for the sake of balance. ( To be real, if they really cared about balance, they would have made a lot more weapons accessible with in-game currency). The sad part is the fact that they had the gun on sale and encouraged us to buy it a few days prior to nerfing it. That feels like a rip-off and is upsetting.

With the riffle's current state, I don't see any reason to use it over the Long Arms which is a normal rarity sniper accessible to all. If we are Paying for a "legendary" sniper exclusive only to real cash payments. we expect it to be significantly better than that which is of an "uncommon" rarity and which is freely accessible. wouldn't you agree?   unfortunately, now it doesn't meet that expectation. 

Rocket mortars are notoriously overpowered. I've had so many matches where one player will carry the whole match by clearing the field with them, and if you're unfortunate enough to play a match where two players on the opposing team are running them, I just quit the match, and I hate quitting matches, more than just straight up losing a match, but they can just make matches completely unplayable. Javelins also have the ability to one shot mechs, especially with maxed pilots and damage implants.

The fact that it's a legendary weapon that people paid for is the most ridiculous part of nerfing it. People paid for what it was, not what it is now. A lot of people would have stuck with just upgrading the longarm or getting the railgun if they knew they were going to do what they did.

May 23, 2023, 18:0505/23/23
05/23/23
Leviticus

Im affraid you are just more than wrong my unknow friend. :-) 

Railgun has biggest damage per shot, usually you are killed instantly with no warning (free from progress path)

Rocket mortars....if you play open map there is no place to hide...You got killed by mortars or by enemy when you running coverless from mortar rain (free from progress path)

"Disco launchers"....you kill group of enenemies without direct hit, just hit near (not closest) obstacle...ridiculous.

EMs was OPed I agree.  75% DD chance is truly too much. But autoaim was balanced by delay. 

Autoaim was universal method how to play sniper rifles on mobile users against PC users.

Honestly If you had EMs and you faced Railguns, Railguns mostly wins because of lack of delay and biggest one shot damage ;-)

So this wasnt game balncing....You will still facing overranked mechs and weapons and EM nerf made no changes toward this issue. 

Agreed. 

Many weapons are equally insane in their own spectrums. ( Not to mention most of them don't even fall under the legendary category. and the fact that they can overpower a legendary weapon is not pretty. )

debuffing the Em is just a ripple in this ocean. A lot more would have been needed. if balancing things out was the developer's intention.

May 23, 2023, 18:1705/23/23
05/23/23
Dar Sivart

Rocket mortars are notoriously overpowered. I've had so many matches where one player will carry the whole match by clearing the field with them, and if you're unfortunate enough to play a match where two players on the opposing team are running them, I just quit the match, and I hate quitting matches, more than just straight up losing a match, but they can just make matches completely unplayable. Javelins also have the ability to one shot mechs, especially with maxed pilots and damage implants.

The fact that it's a legendary weapon that people paid for is the most ridiculous part of nerfing it. People paid for what it was, not what it is now. A lot of people would have stuck with just upgrading the longarm or getting the railgun if they knew they were going to do what they did.

Yeah, the worst part is the mortars have insane ranges. the user is usually camping far back out of harm's way and runs back even further once firing.  you can never get to them unless u snipe them. and now we have one less good sniper to get them with.

Agreed. I'm with you on that. 100%. I paid for a legendary sniper. Not something lower than an uncommon Long Arm.

May 23, 2023, 19:3405/23/23
08/03/22
Max Rage

PARA QUE LOS JUGADORES QUE NO QUIEREN PONER DINERO, LE HAGA UN SERVIDOR APARTE Y NO SE ENOJA NADIE

May 23, 2023, 19:4305/23/23
08/03/22
RockStar

totalmente de acuerdo, se dijo lo que tenia que decirse. La verdad que hacen el juego para los que no gastan nada, y lo que mantienen el juego son perjudicados.

ME SIENTO ESTAFADO

May 23, 2023, 20:1205/23/23
05/23/23

I was wondering wtf happened with my EMP rifle cause it wasn't auto aming anymore.

Its sad chase I spent real money on this and now I have to aim like the normal sniper rifle so might as well level that up and use that instead of this.

I was really hoping to get the EMP 10 or higher when it came out but after this I probably won't bother with that.

May 23, 2023, 20:1605/23/23
07/08/22

EM rifles are still amazing. It one-shots any mech with dual em 16s and almost any mech with em 12s. Compare it with other legendary weapons like carbines, and disk launchers and suddenly its not so nerfed. 

May 23, 2023, 21:1305/23/23
01/12/22

on mobile they suck now. they should offer a trade in or redo the nerf. many possibilities have been listed here. not cool 

May 23, 2023, 22:0105/23/23
May 23, 2023, 22:10(edited)
03/02/23
N8 _

EM rifles are still amazing. It one-shots any mech with dual em 16s and almost any mech with em 12s. Compare it with other legendary weapons like carbines, and disk launchers and suddenly its not so nerfed. 

I wouldn't say the ability to one shot opponents alone is really enough to justify it being a legendary weapon, or to say that it wasn't nerfed that badly. Part of the draw of it was that ability, but that ability is offset by the one shot magazine, the delay of the shot, and the laser sight. Unless you were the first killed or the shooter was able to time it to pop out from behind cover at the moment of the shot, you could tell there was an EMR in the field, and knew where it was firing from. Now you not only have to keep your shot lined up, but opponents know it's coming and can adjust, and if you miss, you're out for the reload time. Longarms and railguns don't have those disadvantages, and they both have multiple round magazines, so a missed shot isn't as punishing.

Comparing the EM rifle to carbines, yeah, carbines are garbage, but those really shouldn't be legendary weapons anyway, so it doesn't make sense to compare them. As for disc launchers, those are way more overpowered that EM rifles, it's why almost everyone aims to get them, even more so than the EM rifle, but no one is getting them because they can one shot opponents. Disc launchers can lock on, fire curved shots around corners, have a splash damage effect, and have more than one round in their magazine. They aren't designed to be a one shot weapon, nor are they meant for long range, they are mid-close quarters weapon that can be way worse.

Those two weapons being unable to one shot opponents while the EM rifle is able to doesn't mean that it wasn't nerfed that badly. Rocket mortars can one shot multiple opponents at one time with basically no aiming. Javelins can lock on and one shot opponents as well. Neither of those are legendary weapons. I've also been one shotted by railguns, and while it's not technically considered one shot, one sustained beam from a graviton beam can knock an opponent out.

If they want to take the EM rifle's ability to track targets, then they should take away the delayed shot and laser sight, give it the ability to hit targets immediately like other sniper weapons, and not give your target notice that you are firing at them. If they want to nerf it's ability to do damage, then they should at the very least give it one additional shot to a magazine, or decrease the reload time. With those, I could see it being a legendary weapon worth the money, and could deal with the need to aim more carefully, but as it stands, it just isn't worth what it had cost.

May 24, 2023, 12:5905/24/23
07/08/22

BAR GRAGH OF WEAPON EFFECTIVENESS 

Before Update

Em Rifle.          ===============================

Disc Launcher================

Carbines.         ==========

Miniguns.         ============

After Update

Em Rifle.          ===================

Miniguns.         =================

As you can see, when put in a graph, it is a balancing update. (I know this is subjective but it uses my gameplay, youtubers gameplay, and weopon stats)

May 24, 2023, 14:4305/24/23
03/02/23
N8 _

BAR GRAGH OF WEAPON EFFECTIVENESS 

Before Update

Em Rifle.          ===============================

Miniguns.         ============

After Update

Em Rifle.          ===================

Miniguns.         =================

As you can see, when put in a graph, it is a balancing update. (I know this is subjective but it uses my gameplay, youtubers gameplay, and weopon stats)

Effectiveness based on what? What form of analyses are you using? Is this your experiences using the weapons, or your experiences being killed by the weapons? If it's just a "this is how it feels to me" kind of thing, then creating a bar graph doesn't do much. Sure, it puts a visual to your personal experience, but it's not some indication of fact.

My experiences put disc launchers and rocekt mortars higher, even before the update, and drastically more now. Carbines shouldn't even be in consideration because they are just garbage, I don't know how anyone could consider them that close to disc launchers or miniguns. Then in my experience, I would also place javelins above the EM rifle, with the railgun close to it. Arc torrents wouldn't be all that far off either. Ultimately, I'd say I get the most kills with the EM rifle, but I also don't get killed the most by them, I have more issues with disc launchers, mortars, javelins, and arc torrents. For myself, and I'm sure plenty others, this isn't a balancing update, because they either might not be as good with EM rifle or they don't have as many issues with being killed by it, so they don't consider it that highly, and for people who have more issues with other weapons, it's not going to be balancing update, it's going to completely offset the game.

CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
May 24, 2023, 14:4905/24/23
02/10/23

Hello! Thank you for sharing your feedback on the latest Update! We will pass your thoughts on to our developers!

We agree that such changes may be pretty painful, but it's a common practice for numerous online games to change their Content to meet the initial expectations of developers. However, we decided to nerf EM Rifle based on the collected feedback for a long time and our analytical data. However, EM Rifle was nerfed, remaining one of the top Weapons in the game, and it's still able to one-shot Mechs. Please, give it some time to prove it's still great for set purposes.

May 24, 2023, 14:5405/24/23
11/12/21
Max Rage

bots are still capable of one shooting you tho due to their legendary imps and pilots ! so what is the argument here ?

May 24, 2023, 18:2505/24/23
07/08/22
Dar Sivart

Effectiveness based on what? What form of analyses are you using? Is this your experiences using the weapons, or your experiences being killed by the weapons? If it's just a "this is how it feels to me" kind of thing, then creating a bar graph doesn't do much. Sure, it puts a visual to your personal experience, but it's not some indication of fact.

My experiences put disc launchers and rocekt mortars higher, even before the update, and drastically more now. Carbines shouldn't even be in consideration because they are just garbage, I don't know how anyone could consider them that close to disc launchers or miniguns. Then in my experience, I would also place javelins above the EM rifle, with the railgun close to it. Arc torrents wouldn't be all that far off either. Ultimately, I'd say I get the most kills with the EM rifle, but I also don't get killed the most by them, I have more issues with disc launchers, mortars, javelins, and arc torrents. For myself, and I'm sure plenty others, this isn't a balancing update, because they either might not be as good with EM rifle or they don't have as many issues with being killed by it, so they don't consider it that highly, and for people who have more issues with other weapons, it's not going to be balancing update, it's going to completely offset the game.

If you have a problem make your own graph.

May 24, 2023, 18:3705/24/23
03/02/23
N8 _

If you have a problem make your own graph.

Why would I do that when part of my point was that making a graph to illustrate your personal experience does nothing?

May 24, 2023, 19:5805/24/23
07/08/22
Dar Sivart

Why would I do that when part of my point was that making a graph to illustrate your personal experience does nothing?

All you did was say that I should add weapons, take away weapons, and say that I was wrong. You criticized my experiences and then said that you were right. I will happily make a tier list with every weapon if you would like.